St Mirren & Morton

pozbaird

Not bothered if Thistle do it instead of Morton - but why wouldn't you want top flight Renfrewshire derbies? Have you seen the crowds and atmosphere at this season's Dundee derbies?

I'd be more than happy with Thistle OR Morton. Both will fill the away end at our place, and both are easy enough for us to go to.

I'd be more than happy with Thistle OR Morton. Both will fill the away end at our place, and both are easy enough for us to go to.

That's how I see it, the only thing I wonder about is why anyone would hate Morton so much as to actually wish them to fail and to never want to see top flight derbies take place. I think it would be great - imagine if they won Div 1 and the SPL set the opening fixture as Morton v St Mirren. Bring it on!

I'd love to see Morton in the top league with us but I wouldn't want them to be there as cannon fodder à la Gretna. I would want to see both ourselves and Morton retain their SPL status for a number of years. Same goes for Partick Thistle.

Edited by Obi-Wan Ben Kenobi

Shut this pish.....f**k the Ton

That's how I see it, the only thing I wonder about is why anyone would hate Morton so much as to actually wish them to fail and to never want to see top flight derbies take place. I think it would be great - imagine if they won Div 1 and the SPL set the opening fixture as Morton v St Mirren. Bring it on!

'Cause he's a badass poz, brought up on the wrong side of the tracks, you know the sort of "rebel without a cause" type character! The kind of boy agirl's parents would hate!cloud9.gif

Either that or he's a tw@t!!1eye.gif

I don't see why any of my fellow buddies wouldn't want Morton in the SPL, we would have 4 cracking derby matches with both clubs reaping the benefit of big crowds with great financial rewards. Morton would easily bring as many fans as Celtic to our place and that would create a brilliant atmosphere, I would welcome both Morton or Thistle to the Spl.

I don't see why any of my fellow buddies wouldn't want Morton in the SPL, we would have 4 cracking derby matches with both clubs reaping the benefit of big crowds with great financial rewards. Morton would easily bring as many fans as Celtic to our place and that would create a brilliant atmosphere, I would welcome both Morton or Thistle to the Spl.

3, we're top 6, they're no. thumbup2.gif

How about Partick winning it with Dundee going down, then Morton winning it with one of the two Teuchter clubs going down. That would be well tasty.

• 2 months later...

4th in the SPL and 3rd in Division One.

Mon' the Ton... Don't fcuk it up this season - Win it and join the 2012/13 SPL Champions in next season's top flight.

Burp! Time for another beer...

The only games that I can remember between Morton and us have been in the First Division and the League and Scottish Cup. I can't remember a "top flight" Renfrewshire Derby and I'd love to see that. I used to love the matches at the old ground and at Cappielow. The matches were real "ding-dong" affairs. Superb memories.