Hugh Murray

Don´t know why the OP has to come on here greetin about "an act of thuggery" but best wishes to lad if he has a broken leg, hope he recovers from it, and I´m sure I speak for everyone on the Black and White Army forum when I say that.

As David says there is no way Shuggie would ever set out to injure someone. Sadly it is part of the game sometimes.

It was only a 50-50 challenge. Came off worse, these things happen.

Shug is hard as nails, but he'd never go out to break someone's leg.

He went in over the top of the ball & left some horrendous stud marks right up Stirlings leg!!!thumbdown.gif

He went in over the top of the ball & left some horrendous stud marks right up Stirlings leg!!!thumbdown.gif

I'd admit that Murray has never stood out as a dirty player to me in the past, but he didn't half get that one badly wrong today. Happened right in front of me, heard the crack (had hoped it was shin guards clashing), but obviously not. Thistle fans didn't cover themselves in glory by booing as a guy with a broken leg was stretchered off.. give them the benefit of the doubt that it happened at the opposite end of the park from where they were.

I'd admit that Murray has never stood out as a dirty player to me in the past, but he didn't half get that one badly wrong today. Happened right in front of me, heard the crack (had hoped it was shin guards clashing), but obviously not. Thistle fans didn't cover themselves in glory by booing as a guy with a broken leg was stretchered off.. give them the benefit of the doubt that it happened at the opposite end of the park from where they were.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that!

The point still stands. It was a 50/50 challenge, both players had a right to go in for the ball, mistimed or not. Everyone on here knows that Shuggie loves a good challenge for the ball, but also know that he'd never intentionally hurt a player.

We had a similar situation last season when Jim Goodwin and Scott Severin went in for a tackle, Severin's leg snapped and his career ended there and then. He shook hands with Jim and said that he holds no grudge against him.

These things happen all the time. Deal with it.

The point still stands. It was a 50/50 challenge, both players had a right to go in for the ball, mistimed or not. Everyone on here knows that Shuggie loves a good challenge for the ball, but also know that he'd never intentionally hurt a player.

We had a similar situation last season when Jim Goodwin and Scott Severin went in for a tackle, Severin's leg snapped and his career ended there and then. He shook hands with Jim and said that he holds no grudge against him.

These things happen all the time. Deal with it.

Sorry, have I said anywhere that it was malcious?? I don't think I have, doesn't detract from it being a horrendous tackle, 50/50 or not!! And for the record it's Stephen Stirling who has to "deal with it"!

Sorry, have I said anywhere that it was malcious?? I don't think I have, doesn't detract from it being a horrendous tackle, 50/50 or not!! And for the record it's Stephen Stirling who has to "deal with it"!

I was just noting that because the opening poster referred to it as an 'act of thuggery', when it clearly wasn't, it was just two players challenging for the ball. He shouldn't come on here and try to take the shine off a club legend.

I hope the lad makes a quick recovery and I'm sure Shuggie has apologised and wished him all the best.

I was just noting that because the opening poster referred to it as an 'act of thuggery', when it clearly wasn't, it was just two players challenging for the ball. He shouldn't come on here and try to take the shine off a club legend.

I hope the lad makes a quick recovery and I'm sure Shuggie has apologised and wished him all the best.

I'll take that as an apology then! tongue.png

Why the feck does this merit a thread on this site ?

Shug played for SMFC for a while, but now he's gone elsewhere.

If the tackle was a bad 'un that makes him a Partick Thistle thug. Nothing to do with us.

Nothing to see here.

Who stole your Horlicks??cloud9.gif

Who stole your Horlicks??cloud9.gif

Oh dear, a Morton player copped a sore one. I am very sad. I hope you're giving them pelters over on www.PartickThistleWhoTheF*ckCares?.com. Nothing to do with a St Mirren fans' site. Ovaltine mate, Horlicks is for losers.

Oh dear, a Morton player copped a sore one. I am very sad. I hope you're giving them pelters over on www.PartickThistleWhoTheF*ckCares?.com. Nothing to do with a St Mirren fans' site. Ovaltine mate, Horlicks is for losers.

Coulnae remember the name of that oops.gif

Well it should be in Other Football but I care to be honest.

Although if you aint willing to accept it is a man´s game then f**k off elsewhere ya manky Greenock c**t.

ETA; I care about the First Division and hope Morton win it. I don´t care for Greenock scumbags trolling the forum.

Another edit; I hope Partick Thistle win it. f**k Morton.

Edited by Kemp

Well it should be in Other Football but I care to be honest.

Although if you aint willing to accept it is a man´s game then f**k off elsewhere ya manky Greenock c**t.

ETA; I care about the First Division and hope Morton win it. I don´t care for Greenock scumbags trolling the forum.

Another edit; I hope Partick Thistle win it. f**k Morton.

Is that aimed at me???

Edited by dmc