Hugh Murray

FFS let this go or take it away from here.

It's a very thin thread related to St Mirren but really should be on another teams forum.

You have said, about 1200 times, thanks for the input. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Seriously FS, if you don't like a thread, don't come on and read it. It really is that simple!

This is a St Mirren (and football) forum. They're on here debating a footballing incident involving St Mirren's record appearance maker. You should take yourself "away from here" and post somewhere else if you've got nothing to add to the debate in question other than criticising fellow posters (and decent ones at that). Who gives a f**k? Obviously the people posting in this thread give a f**k!

This seems like a really unfortunate incident and I hope the boy makes a full and speedy recovery. I'm sure Shuggie is as gutted about it as anyone else. Like others have said though, Shuggie is a credit to the game as when he gets on the park, all he wants to do is play the game. There are world-class footballers who could learn a thing or two from the attitude of guys like Hugh Murray, on and off the park.

Seriously FS, if you don't like a thread, don't come on and read it. It really is that simple!

This is a St Mirren (and football) forum. They're on here debating a footballing incident involving St Mirren's record appearance maker. You should take yourself "away from here" and post somewhere else if you've got nothing to add to the debate in question other than criticising fellow posters (and decent ones at that). Who gives a f**k? Obviously the people posting in this thread give a f**k!

This seems like a really unfortunate incident and I hope the boy makes a full and speedy recovery. I'm sure Shuggie is as gutted about it as anyone else. Like others have said though, Shuggie is a credit to the game as when he gets on the park, all he wants to do is play the game. There are world-class footballers who could learn a thing or two from the attitude of guys like Hugh Murray, on and off the park.

I'm sorry. snore.gif

Edited by faraway saint

• 2 weeks later...

Mate, that camera angle shows nothing! Like I've said, doubt there was any malice, but it was horribly mistimed! For the record I have it on good authority that Murray has been in contact with Stephen Stirling apologising for the tackle! Maybe he realised it was mistimed too!

That's the Hugh Murray I will always cherish and fondly recall.

Well said.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...
3 hours ago, shull said:

At least he's over it now .

Bless him.

Did Hugh Murray not also receive a  testimonial year of events to boost his finances?

It’s a weird thing in football. What a perk eh?

Many better players than Hugh Murray  provided far better service to the club with far less financial benefits. Lex Richardson, Iain Munro and Billy Stark to name three. 

Often new managers need to make changes to the dressing room not just for on field reasons but also off field. Seems like he is quite bitter about that and forgets that we gave him a second chance when his Mansfield experience failed after he refused to sign a new contract which St Mirren.

Celtic supporting Hugh seemed to carry a great deal of kudos within our support based on a single goal against Stirling Albion yet somehow Ian Ferguson has been vilified for having the temerity to advance his career with his beloved Rangers. 

I personally would like to see two Fergusons inducted into our hall of fame. Alex and Ian.