Divers And Cheats

shull

Heard a guy on the Radio earlier, say that if a player dives to win a penalty, then the opposing team should be awarded a penalty at the other end.

I wid agree with that.

Red card the cheating prick tae.

Edited by shull

Heard a guy on the Radio earlier, say that if a player dives to win a penalty, then the opposing team should be awarded a penalty at the other end.

I wid agree with that.

Red card the cheating prick tae.

So would I. I'm getting sick of watching Suarez falling on his arse every week then throwing a tantrum when the ref refuses to give him a penalty. Red cards for any player that dives and it would all but stop overnight.

Sadly, football now has this culture of 'if you're touched, you have the right to go down'. No you f*cking don't! That's like saying if someone brushes past you in the street, you have the right to do them for assault. I'm fed up of pundits coming out with this line time and time again, and more of them seeming to agree with it, as it's playing into the diving players' hands.

We all know too well what diving can do to harm results in football (Nakamura you little bawbag). I think we'd all be glad to say we don't have anyone of that ilk currently playing for the Buds - even Imrie, who was previously a huge culprit, doesn't do it any more, which is pleasing to see.

So would I. I'm getting sick of watching Suarez falling on his arse every week then throwing a tantrum when the ref refuses to give him a penalty. Red cards for any player that dives and it would all but stop overnight.

Sadly, football now has this culture of 'if you're touched, you have the right to go down'. No you f*cking don't! That's like saying if someone brushes past you in the street, you have the right to do them for assault. I'm fed up of pundits coming out with this line time and time again, and more of them seeming to agree with it, as it's playing into the diving players' hands.

We all know too well what diving can do to harm results in football (Nakamura you little bawbag). I think we'd all be glad to say we don't have anyone of that ilk currently playing for the Buds - even Imrie, who was previously a huge culprit, doesn't do it any more, which is pleasing to see.

Forgot about him and that game. thumbdown.gif

Yeah flipping 'Drivers & Cheats'.....

but come a rainy night out we all ring in to book one for a lift hame!

And i'll drive past you and give you a wave. bye1.gifflipa.giflol.gif

Edited by shull

While a hefty fine might seem a deterrent, players nowadays are vastly overpaid and they won't really miss it that much. As regards the opposition being awarded a penalty, yet again it's a good idea. The downside to this is that refs have to make a decision there and then. What would happen if later on it's discovered that the player involved was fouled in the box and it's a genuine case of an award?

This would mean the defending opposition who might score from the wrongly awarded penalty, score with the spotkick and go on to win the game!

The tricky bit is that the ref and officials have to be 100% correct about the decision at the time. How many refs do you know that haven't made a mistake at some point?

My solution would be to deduct the club points! It may seem harsh, but if a player is thinking of conning the ref, he could potentially see his club relegated, miss out on a European place or even winning the league.

P.S. I see Lee "Elbows" McCulloch was booked for diving at the weekend! What a shocker, eh!!ohmy.png

While a hefty fine might seem a deterrent, players nowadays are vastly overpaid and they won't really miss it that much. As regards the opposition being awarded a penalty, yet again it's a good idea. The downside to this is that refs have to make a decision there and then. What would happen if later on it's discovered that the player involved was fouled in the box and it's a genuine case of an award?

This would mean the defending opposition who might score from the wrongly awarded penalty, score with the spotkick and go on to win the game!

The tricky bit is that the ref and officials have to be 100% correct about the decision at the time. How many refs do you know that haven't made a mistake at some point?

My solution would be to deduct the club points! It may seem harsh, but if a player is thinking of conning the ref, he could potentially see his club relegated, miss out on a European place or even winning the league.

P.S. I see Lee "Elbows" McCulloch was booked for diving at the weekend! What a shocker, eh!!ohmy.png

They won't miss it at all.

They should bung all the fines into a big pot and then distribute it all back to the clubs to reduce admission prices.thumbup2.gif Then we can carry on cheering the buggers for their cheating.

Good points.

The retrospective part may be fairer. If it's proven that a player has dived and gained a free kick/penalty which he has then scored from, that goal should be taken off the team retrospectively and the points adjusted accordingly. If a player dives in an attempt to win a foul but doesn't get it, and it's later shown he dived, the player should serve a one-game suspension. Do it again, and it's two games, etc.

I'm sure there are 100 other ideas as to how to clamp down on diving - which is blatant cheating, no more, no less - but the authorities need to find the solution. It's costing teams points, games, and potentially trophies, and that just nullifies the whole point of playing football.

Mibbes naw I willnae.

ETA No way is that Basser getting back in ma motor after throwing up in the ashtray last timethumbdown.gif

Which one of the many bassers on this Forum are you talking about ?