The Rugby Thread

shull

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unlikely, though, should've had the bonus point in the bag yesterday.

Killed us last season too, we actually won more league games than Leinster but the lack of BP's meant they overtook us and had home advantage in the final. Having said that, I can't imagine where they'd play the final anyway, even if they did bring it here. Rugby Park just makes it so that would be my pick - there's an artificial pitch at Scotstoun so they could use that for prep.

Edited by salmonbuddie

Unlikely, though, should've had the bonus point in the bag yesterday.

Killed us last season too, we actually won more league games than Leinster but the lack of BP's meant they overtook us and had home advantage in the final. Having said that, I can't imagine where they'd play the final anyway, even if they did bring it here. Rugby Park just makes it so that would be my pick - there's an artificial pitch at Scotstoun so they could use that for prep.

Yep totally correct. Silly mistakes cost the BP. Not getting any points when they were down to 14 in the first half and we were on the line was criminal.

Murrayfield is the listed alternate ground I believe, but for a final I agree that Rugby Park, Kilmarnock will be used, hence the trial run via Tonga. Funny how the Pro12 regs are just big enough to cover the RDS!

I'm sure I read somewhere that that's how they arrived at the figure!

Murrayfield would be shite, it's far too big. Tbh I'd rather they used even Ibrox than Murrayfield, at least it's in Glasgow.

They could probably buy Ibrox!

I was at the RDS for the final last year. It's a bit like Scotstoun and has 2 large uncovered temporary stands as the two end ones are removed for other events. They weren't numbered seats in there and looked packed- Glasgow fans were mainly allocated the modern grandstand anyway.

I'd love a home final at Rugby Park, sadly don't see it this year. We have to go away to Leinster and Munster and will have a squad hit by 6 nations withdrawals. Who is our 10 if Finn Russell is with Scotland and Duncan Weir is injured...

Sorry, my phone died on Monday so I've only just seen this, Weir would have been called up anyway so even if fit we'd still have the same problem.

I had something at the back of my mind and did a quick check, Connor Braid is a Canadian stand off/centre/full back on loan to London Scots on condition that he comes back for the 6 Nations so looks like they thought about it way back at the start of the season.

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/glasgow-warriors/player/connor-braid

Don't know where (or even if) he's been playing for London Scottish, though, I'll have a look tomorrow

Sorry, my phone died on Monday so I've only just seen this, Weir would have been called up anyway so even if fit we'd still have the same problem.

I had something at the back of my mind and did a quick check, Connor Braid is a Canadian stand off/centre/full back on loan to London Scots on condition that he comes back for the 6 Nations so looks like they thought about it way back at the start of the season.

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/glasgow-warriors/player/connor-braid

Don't know where (or even if) he's been playing for London Scottish, though, I'll have a look tomorrow

They've occasionally given players back when not going to be starting in the matchday squad. Braid has been playing, seems to have been doing well but is not the kicker for LS.

Maitland has joined London Irish next season. His stats are strong but he's not really kicked on this year from what you see. A must that DTH is signed up now. Losing Matawalu, Maitland and DTH would be a right blow.