The Rugby Thread

shull

Decent performance by Scotland against the likely tournament winners.

Things are improving, need to get a couple of wins to build confidence which seems to desert us at key points. I reckon we could win the remaining matches against Italy, France and possibly even Ireland.

Perspective, guys, Scotland performs way, way above its level when you look at sheer numbers.

And they may be shite but, and I'm sure I've seen this on here before...they're oor shite.

Aye so close, but so far always seems to be the Scotland way. We might be shite but we are a good shite lol.

Perspective, guys, Scotland performs way, way above its level when you look at sheer numbers.

And they may be shite but, and I'm sure I've seen this on here before...they're oor shite.

I was talking an Irish guy in our boozer as he's a big Rugby fan

Follows Munster everywhere

I said the same as you but he said Scotland should be doing better which surprised me

He said the quality of player has improved the last few years as Glasgow's success has showed

9 defeats on a row i personally can't see that run changing

Wales only played for 20 mins yesterday and still won

Aye, he's right, but that just demonstrates how much we over perform considering the player base - they reckon there are more cricket players than rugby players in Scotland, that's the perspective I'm talking about.

Getting that first win is what's needed, hopefully turn up in Rome, get the win and kick on from there.

Warriors 27 Munster 24

Bonus point win means the Warriors are still in with a chance of making the play offs.

Funny that the footballers - well, Sevco - are whinging about how the Rugby Park pitch is 'dangerous' but the rugby players love it.

Warriors 27 Munster 24

Bonus point win means the Warriors are still in with a chance of making the play offs.

Funny that the footballers - well, Sevco - are whinging about how the Rugby Park pitch is 'dangerous' but the rugby players love it.

Because they are muppets. Look at the tackle and dive Duncan Weir does on the pitch- no injury whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aye, other results worked for the Warriors, now 4th and playing their game in hand on Friday. A win puts them 3rd, a bonus point win 2 points from 1st and 2nd.

Bottom line, win their remaining games they finish 2nd bringing home advantage for the semi.

Edited by salmonbuddie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sluggish and surprisingly poor start to Glasgows campaign left their task just too much. Admittedly the loss of two key players didnt help in their Connaught match, but Glasgow this season was all just shaping up like a tad too much too late. Great run of form prior to this play off , just the start of season miss fire cost them............imo

• 3 weeks later...