The Rugby Thread

shull

Agree that Russell should go, I knew I'd forgotten someone! But Gatland...

For me, Laidlaw's game management outweighs his flaws as a player, and kicking only adds to that, he's definitely the right man for Scotland. Not so sure about the Lions, those qualities are covered by others and as a pure scrum half I think Murray and Youngs will be in front of him in the queue. Depends on whether or not he takes 3 scrummies, if he does then I think Laidlaw will be the second/midweek team captain.

17 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Agree that Russell should go, I knew I'd forgotten someone! But Gatland...

For me, Laidlaw's game management outweighs his flaws as a player, and kicking only adds to that, he's definitely the right man for Scotland. Not so sure about the Lions, those qualities are covered by others and as a pure scrum half I think Murray and Youngs will be in front of him in the queue. Depends on whether or not he takes 3 scrummies, if he does then I think Laidlaw will be the second/midweek team captain.

That's a fair point about Laidlaw however I think Gatland SHOULD take three scrum halfs and, what's more, reckon that he will.

Russell, for me, is a definite. Fair enough, Paddy Jackson played well on Saturday but Russell has been on top form for a while now.

But that's for later in the year, I suppose; Paris is before that.

• 1 month later...

What a result for Ireland. I thought they had an outside chance but that was an incredible match. We had a ball down our local club. Never known it so noisy. Poor old England.

There are three blind guys who come in the club regularly. Obviously they can't see the match and there is so much racket going on it's damned near impossible to hear, so one of the blind blokes called Joe listens on an ear piece. Trouble is whatever commentary he listens to is about fifteen seconds ahead of the TV commentary. I kid you not. But it was funny to hear Joe saying 'Oh, for f**k's sake!' when there was sod all happening on the screen or equally when he jumped to his feet shouting 'Ya f**king beauty!' when we saw nothing coming. Mind you, it was nice to know we had won a good twenty seconds ahead of the telly.

13 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

We? emoji43.png

Definitely a foxes paws but assuredly not a Freudian slip. (See my post of 5th. Feb when we stuffed Ireland.) I've now lived nearly half my life in Ireland and I support them in nearly every sport but never when they play Scotland at anything. I have mentioned my guilty secret before. I support England at cricket but only because we (Scotland) don't have a test team.

• 5 weeks later...

Warren Gatland has killed the Lions with this latest squad. 12 Welshmen, f**king disgraceful.

Hope Hogg & Seymour bin it to go to Australia with Scotland instead.

Where's the best deal to be had to buy an All-Black shirt?

• 1 month later...
FFS 

Highlanders (New Zealand)  23  British and Irish Lions 22

Maybe we could become the... 

BRITISH IRISH AND REST OF THE WORLD LIONS. 

Becoming the British & Irish Lions instead of Gatland's Welshmen and Guests would do...

46 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Now up to 4th in World rankings fwiw

Was a great game, well worth watching highlights on sky sports 1 at 11am after the Lions game

While I'm pleased Scotland won I have tried but cannot get "into" rugby at all so I'll be in the garden taking in the sunshine about 11:00am. :P

Now up to 4th in World rankings fwiw

Was a great game, well worth watching highlights on sky sports 1 at 11am after the Lions game

Seemingly they (the IRB) got their sums wrong, we're 5th, with the British & Irish Lions/Wales 7th.

• 2 weeks later...

What is this pish all about ? 

New Zealand, population 4.6 million. 

Playing 

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland all combined as fecking Lions. 

Farcical 

What is this pish all about ? 
New Zealand, population 4.6 million. 
Playing 
England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland all combined as fecking Lions. 
Farcical 

USA population 300m +. Still no good at footy.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

23rd in the world would suggest otherwise. :blink:

USA have nothing to do with this scenario 

They already play in a kiddy on Tournament called the Ryder Cup FFS. 

Back to Rugby. 

Scotland v New Zealand 

Wales v New Zealand 

Etc,  that's fine 

Lions and Ireland v New Zealand is kiddy on shite. 

Wid be better... 

Lions and Ireland versus New Zealand, Australia, Fiji and Tonga. 

FECKED UP :lol:

USA have nothing to do with this scenario 
They already play in a kiddy on Tournament called the Ryder Cup FFS. 
Back to Rugby. 
Scotland v New Zealand 
Wales v New Zealand 
Etc,  that's fine 
Lions and Ireland v New Zealand is kiddy on shite. 
Wid be better... 
Lions and Ireland versus New Zealand, Australia, Fiji and Tonga. 
FECKED UP [emoji38]

What's "Lions and Ireland" when it's at home?

A Kiddy on Rugby Club playing in a Kiddy on Rugby occasion called a Test Match. 

Probably ripping off gullible fans also. 

Laughable 

What happens when the Lions get gubbed. 

Next time make it 

Britain, Ireland, Italy and France v The All Blacks 

And are they really calling the Irish, Lions tae. 

FECKING FARCE :lol:

2 minutes ago, shull said:

A Kiddy on Rugby Club playing in a Kiddy on Rugby occasion called a Test Match. 

Probably ripping off gullible fans also. 

Laughable 

What happens when the Lions get gubbed. 

Next time make it 

Britain, Ireland, Italy and France v The All Blacks 

And are they really calling the Irish, Lions tae. 

FECKING FARCE :lol:

Gies piece! :snore

Are The Super Lions playing in the next Rugby World Cup ? 

Maybe they can play a wee friendly Test Match against the BRITISH AND EUROPEAN RYDER. CUP TEAM. 

Fecking Poppycock :lol:

Made up jobbies 

You do realise the Lions have been all those nations their entire history, it's not a new thing, shull. 1888 they started, Irish included.

Mind you, Gatland does seem to have made it the Irish, Welsh & English Lions over the last two tours...