The Rugby Thread

shull

• 2 months later...
Disciplined 2nd half - great kicking by laidlaw at key moments 

slight scare towards the end but a tidy well deserved confidence boosting win ahead of the Calcutta cup

Glad I recorded it.Pride was restored.

I think they ( Scotland ???????????????????????????? ) will beat England.

• 2 weeks later...
On the positive side the referee is fecking brilliant, firm, clear and on top of everything. 

He's Welsh.

I don't like the Welsh very much. 

I absolutely love the refereeing , it really is clear , direct , no nonsense & enhances the game.

Only the captains can speak to the ref so none of the whole team harassing him or her

Now, back to the game still 25-13

12 minutes to go

5 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I absolutely love the refereeing , it really is clear , direct , no nonsense & enhances the game.

Only the captains can speak to the ref so none of the whole team harassing him or her

Now, back to the game still 25-13

12 minutes to go

Aye, but rugby is shite isn't it...............and, overall, the Welsh are bawbags. :lol:

• 1 year later...
57 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Scotland were 31-0 down against England

Now

England 31-38 Scotland

Scotland score 6 unanswered tries

Simply stunning

Biggest comeback in champ history ( so far )

84th Minute penalty advantage

England score ffs

38-38

Absolutely incredible match. I’ve never seen anything like it in 40 odd years of rugby watching memory.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Phenomenal

84th Minute though ?

Seriously, that’s our luck

Nonetheless astonishing comeback

Loved it

As soon as we gave away the penalty on the half way line the writing was on the wall. It was inivtable. Despite some unbelievable defence you knew that unless they made a mistake themselves it was going to happen. The real crime was we had possession with a minute and a half to go. We should have just looked after the ball, went through a few phases and then booted it out the park. Very hard to be critical though after a comeback like that. 

What would have been interesting would’ve been if England had scored out next to touch straight away with a pushover from the line out. Imagine the pressure on the kicker on what would already be a really difficult kick. Farrell was already off the park, so I guess it would’ve been on Ford. He’d have been absolutely shitin himself.