The Rugby Thread

shull

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The nonsense rugby thread has been deleted:clapping

Well done, now, what about the other shite that's been posted today? :rolleyes:

Shite, it's not, then. hey presto, the forum fools posts utter nonsense in it. :lol:

What a loser. 

Maybe Div likes rugby that much he thinks two threads are required? :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The nonsense rugby thread has been deleted:clapping

Well done, now, what about the other shite that's been posted today? :rolleyes:

Shite, it's not, then. hey presto, the forum fools posts utter nonsense in it. :lol:

What a loser. 

You must be, without doubt, the biggest walloper on here. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Wales v Georgia up later this morning.

Wales to scoosh it. 

PS If you fancy doubling your money Wales at -14 are 21/20...............................just saying. :wink:

Contemplated this then pussied out and just stuck Wales down as part of my treble to start the week 🙄

At least the win looks guaranteed 😂 

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Contemplated this then pussied out and just stuck Wales down as part of my treble to start the week 🙄

At least the win looks guaranteed 😂 

Feck me, just noticed it was -14 at half time, maybe I should stay away  from bloody rugby betting, not so sure I'd have placed the bet if I'd noticed that, although I did think it was a bit generous. :lol:

image.png.3446674f8e06c258d52273200281b2bd.png

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Feck me, just noticed it was -14 at half time, maybe I should stay away  from bloody rugby betting, not so sure I'd have placed the bet if I'd noticed that, although I did think it was a bit generous. :lol:

image.png.3446674f8e06c258d52273200281b2bd.png

THAT was the reason I left it 😂

Thinking about it I would have happily taken -14 at evens over the full game, never have touched it first half (although that wasn’t a bad choice in itself).

Fair play to Italy, while they’d expect to beat Canada and Namibia they’ve done so very convincingly and picked up the full 10 points. Pretty much secured qualification for 2023 with a top 3 finish, now it’s a matter of whether they can shock one of the two massive favourites like Japan did in 2015. Pressure is off now tbh with the ten full points banked.

Very good win for Scotland today. 

Measured start in the first half in which they were in control but suffering from handling errors in the first 20 mins. Adapted their game slightly and got a good first try off of Russell's kick and the 2nd try set them up well for the 2nd half. 

Total dominance in the 2nd half and stayed patient to get the important bonus point. 

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent result against Russia.

All down to the final game - need to beat Japan by more than 7 points.

Not necessarily, CS, if we beat them by less than 7 but score 4 tries we'd both finish on 15 points. If we beat them by less than 7 and they get a try BP as well, we're out (unless Samoa did us a favour and beat Ireland, of course).

It's still possible that all three could end up on 15 points each and that's where the result against Russia could make the difference. If Ireland haven't got a BP win against Samoa then the chances are we'll have the best points difference so would go through as group winners. If that happened, Japan would be runners-up on the head-to-head basis.

55 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Not necessarily, CS, if we beat them by less than 7 but score 4 tries we'd both finish on 15 points. If we beat them by less than 7 and they get a try BP as well, we're out (unless Samoa did us a favour and beat Ireland, of course).

It's still possible that all three could end up on 15 points each and that's where the result against Russia could make the difference. If Ireland haven't got a BP win against Samoa then the chances are we'll have the best points difference so would go through as group winners. If that happened, Japan would be runners-up on the head-to-head basis.

Going through and avoiding the All Blacks would be quite a turnaround from how things looked post-Ireland game!

Going through and avoiding the All Blacks would be quite a turnaround from how things looked post-Ireland game!
I've seen people arguing that we'd have a better chance against the ABs than the Springboks, the argument being that the Boks will play 10 man rugby and steamroller us whereas the ABs game is looser and less structured which suits us better.

Tbh I'll be happy with either, means we've got through the pool - anything beyond that is more than I expected.

[emoji846]

4 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

My mistake, didn’t think of that.

4 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Ok my friend

WRONG- If we both get 4 tries and win by less than 7, we get 5 points Japan gets 2 (1 for 4 tries, 1 for within 7) = 16 points

If that happens and Ireland don't get bonus point, yes we are out....

Whats def is Samoa are out:wink:

Ok my friend

WRONG- If we both get 4 tries and win by less than 7, we get 5 points Japan gets 2 (1 for 4 tries, 1 for within 7) = 16 points
I'm not, you know. I agree that Japan would be on 16 if that happened and they'd top the group. Unfortunately, since we're currently on 10 we'd end up on 15, not 16. We'd be out if Ireland won, even if they won without a try bonus.

Ok my friend

I'm not, you know. I agree that Japan would be on 16 if that happened and they'd top the group. Unfortunately, since we're currently on 10 we'd end up on 15, not 16. We'd be out if Ireland won, even if they won without a try bonus.

I see what you're saying, now, but I'm still not wrong, it's one of the (many) scenarios I didn't consider. Like Ireland losing, for example. Or us, for that matter. In short, we need to take 4 or more points from the match than Japan get to be sure we go through.

Eta the edit function change is a pain in the arse.