The Rugby Thread

shull

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
2 defeats, managed to just about get bonus points in both.
Yet another year of sort of being competitive without doing anything.

Odd though it may sound, it’s more like we are gifting the opponents as opposed to being beaten by them.

Wee bit more concentration and decision making and the games are our for the taking.

18 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Odd though it may sound, it’s more like we are gifting the opponents as opposed to being beaten by them.

Wee bit more concentration and decision making and the games are our for the taking.

I missed most of the game as I was travelling home from the game but caught the last part. From comments made, it sounded like we had been competitive for most of the match but couldn't take chances when we had territorial advantage. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, faraway saint said:

Rugby is pish.

Rather watch paint dry. 😜

Great game to play. Played at school. Rugby captain. Great fun. Getting better to watch too since it went professional. Fitter and faster but time taken over scrums is still an issue in Union imo. 

I love listening to the miked up refs.
Seem so assured and in control, and generally respected by players.

Aye, you still get the odd bampot... But football has so much to learn from rugby.

Such a good part of watching any live game is listening & watching the referee in full control & only the captains are allowed to speak to him.

Football really could take a leaf out of the rugby book

29 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I love listening to the miked up refs.
Seem so assured and in control, and generally respected by players.

Aye, you still get the odd bampot... But football has so much to learn from rugby.

Would you trial it in football? 

1. The captain only allowed to approach the ref. 2. The use of the mike? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
A few too many blows to the head for Greig methinks.....
 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53328809
We weren't far away from beating both Ireland and England this year, we did beat Italy, we could have been heading to Cardiff aiming for a Grand Slam. I think he might have a point.

Having said that, it's Scotland we're talking about, wooden spoons for the next few years...

[emoji846]

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I quite enjoyed watching a dominant Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 beat England deservedly yesterday

First time I've ever seen Scotland dominate an entire match against England, never mind at Twickenham.

Hesgoal blew out at 79:23 mins just as England won possession in Scotland's half. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It was on cooncil telly? :lol:

Matches from Twickenham are usually not on cooncil telly (going back 20 years?) because England control their own TV contracts  and I don't watch cooncil telly anyway.

I think I can live with missing 30 seconds of action. :lol: