Whisky Drinkers

thomsons dropped it

Slainte Buddie!

I toasted the result with a wee(ish) Aberlour tonight.

I don't know much about Whisky and only have really enjoyed one or two and believe one I enjoyed was an Aberlour, with a reddish label? I also remember gettin a chart while on a distillary tour that helped identify similar whisky's to what you enjoyed, and there were no others near the aberlour. Not sure if my memory is just playing tricks on me.

I've got a bottle of Monkey Shoulder on the go just now, and it is pretty enjoyable.

• 1 month later...

Just back up the road this afternoon,what a weekend...clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

A new bottle of Balvenie has just been opened for a wee quiet celebration of our Historic Win in the comfort of my own hoose.

Best wishes to everyone on here and at the Club ,I'm getting emotional writing this..........

Cheers Buddies.

In my new Job , over the last 3 months ive had the "Pleasure" of visiting Bowmore , Burn Stewart, Chivas & Angus Dundee distillers.

Highlight ? The Barrs Irn Bru factory . I just dont get the Whisky Thing . rip.gif

Islay is great.... For a holiday in summer.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just had a nosey in the old drinks cabinet (ostensibly to see how much of my 15 year old Dalwhinnie remains), and tucked away at the back, found a boxed, unmolested bottle of Passport Scotch. WTF, thinks me, and where did that come from? Well, it comes from Paisley apparerently! Chivas make this little blended number, and it seems it is rated quite highly.I still have no idea how I came by it. It was either the traditional bottle from my late father-in-law, or I won it in a raffle. Either way, It won't be tucked away for too much longer....ETA: £30 a pop, no less:ohttp://www.winesdirect.co.uk/products/passport_scotch___1l_blended_scotch_whisky.aspx

A wee update on the Passport.

I took it up to Skye when on a walking/drinking beano with some mates earlier in the year.

Two of us pretty much rattled the lot over a couple of nights, and I have to say that it was a bit of a revelation. Highly recommended, and a match for some of the best single malts I have tasted.

I took it up to Skye when on a walking/drinking beano with some mates earlier in the year.

Two of us pretty much rattled the lot over a couple of nights, and I have to say that it was a bit of a revelation. Highly recommended, and a match for some of the best single malts I have tasted.

Sounds like a Great night out, although a bit gay?

A new bottle of Balvenie has been purchased....C'mon Saints....Give me a Reason to crack it open.

Brother is up from Neilston for the Game....will be in the Mallard Pre Match.

today you'll have a reason to crack it. Win open to celebrate, lose open to drown your sorrows, draw open it because we will have doubled our points tally for the season. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading through this thread and saw this - £30!!! I'm a whisky and pepsi max girl (whisky lovers everywhere shudder) its just what I like to drink so I buy a bog standard bottle of whisky from it from work. I started of with 100 pipers - with pepsi its fine, was told to try the passport and been buying it since - got a bottle on wednesday there and nae where near £30 obv. dearie me. I had a wee lochan ora the last cpl of nights - love the stuff!

I've tried Royal Salut - not for me, though the Royal Salut 100 cask smells lovely!

Just reading through this thread and saw this - £30!!! I'm a whisky and pepsi max girl (whisky lovers everywhere shudder) its just what I like to drink so I buy a bog standard bottle of whisky from it from work. I started of with 100 pipers - with pepsi its fine, was told to try the passport and been buying it since - got a bottle on wednesday there and nae where near £30 obv. dearie me. I had a wee lochan ora the last cpl of nights - love the stuff!

I've tried Royal Salut - not for me, though the Royal Salut 100 cask smells lovely!

did you put Pepsi max into the royal.salut ?

• 4 months later...

Only thing you should put in whisky is more whisky

I haven't came to being able to drink it straight yet, I have aspirations tho ;-)

Not for me, but drink it how you like it would be my tuppence worth.

The other night I had no mixers at all for anything in the drinks cupboard but i did have a bottle of soda and have heard of folk drinking it with whisky. So I opened my last bottle of passport, wee bit of soda, took a few sips but aye I think it could be a goer :-)