Whisky Drinkers

thomsons dropped it

My colleague's father-in-law used to work for Diageo and gets a monthly 'allowance' of bottles plus a special price list over and above this. He can only order a set amount each month, but the beauty of the arrangement is....he doesn't drinkthumbup2.gif

My colleague knew I enjoyed my malts and kindly offered to let me have a look at the proce list with a view to a few orders. There are a few nice bottles on there, and at some tremendous prices.

That's interesting to know; I have a very good friend who works for Diageo but she's never let on about this.....she's getting a phonecall.....

ednz has good taste in whisky though I would replace Bowmore with Glenfarcia 15 year old.

Not a fan of Jack Daniels however it was one of the boy’s birthday’s and he give me a neat half of ‘Gentleman’s Friend’ by Jack Daniels. What a cracker going to get a bottle going though duty free on the way home., nectar !

Going to buy a bottle of Lagavulin 12 year old 2010/10th Release for the Christmas Raffle Offshore....(Has to be kept in the Office unfortunately.)

Would like to win that one.nologo.gif

Been away for a few days at The Great Glen Water Park.......maybe a reference to the damp entrance hallthumbdown.gif

Went to Fort William for the day yesterday for a wee wander,wife reports while we are having a coffee that Balvenie Double wood is in Morrisons for £24,on the way back we stopped at Spean Bridge visitor thingy,same bottle was £40 shock1.gif .....those poor tourists.......

Got home a wee while ago and the Lagavulin was just arriving in the delivery van as we drew up to the hoose.......I'm fated to win it.....must be.

Been away for a few days at The Great Glen Water Park.......maybe a reference to the damp entrance hallthumbdown.gif

Went to Fort William for the day yesterday for a wee wander,wife reports while we are having a coffee that Balvenie Double wood is in Morrisons for £24,on the way back we stopped at Spean Bridge visitor thingy,same bottle was £40 shock1.gif .....those poor tourists.......

Well, that's my next malt of the month sorted. Thanks for that. thumbup2.gif

I work in Diaego as well as Chivas and even as a mere plep agency worker you are allowed to just go into the Diaego shop and buy, unlike Chivas were you have to get a fulltimer to put in an order for you. Only thing I have bought out of Diaego so far is a bottle of Smirnoff Nordic berries - not a vodka drinker but this stuff is lovely.

Had a couple of the Glen Grant's after coming in from the toon a wee while ago,Mrs Thomson feeling left out demands I open a bottle of Absolut voddie I have stashed for Crimbo.......santa2.gif So being all full of festive spirit I have done the decent thing and joined her in a glass...one so far....

I have a good wee glow now and I'm watching/listening to Crimbo tunes on MTV.......When's Greg Lake on ??????

Just winding down before I go offshore on Thursday,tomorrow looks after itself....

• 3 weeks later...
I've just received a 18 year old Glenlivet from a colleague for my Christmasohmy.png

It isn't even a Secret Santa affair or the likes. I didn't expect that, it's fair to say!

Aaawww, that's nice. smile.png

Was a male colleague, Drew? If so, do what I do with a certain member on here and keep your back to the wall...moon.gif.