Worst Player

Who is the worst player you have seen represent Saints? My vote would go to Steve Galloway who had an ill-fated loan spell in the 80s. In his first game he came on as a sub went flying down the wing, fell over his feet and ran the ball out of play. That was the highlight of his time at the club!

Edited by Secretsaint

Steve Galloway is a good shout. I sometimes see Robert Dawson getting mentioned in these types of threads - always thought it was very harsh, I don't remember him being a total duffer.

Anyway, Galloway was probably the worst I've seen. Camara the most disappointing, because his CV was good, and Archibald the biggest waste of a wage.

Just my opinion.

Bit harsh on Colin Drew. Had to retire through injury before he could live up to the early promise. Mcvie and Crilly i'll give you and raise you Ricky Robb.

What early promise? He was eager but he was rubbish. He was rubbish but because he was a Paisley lad he got the kind of break from the support that young players with more promise like Paul Rudden never did. The same kind of thing happened with Mark Crilly where because he was related to some St Mirren supporter or other he was given far more of a break than he ever deserved - and it's happening now with Marc McAusland.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

What early promise? He was eager but he was rubbish. He was rubbish but because he was a Paisley lad he got the kind of break from the support that young players with more promise like Paul Rudden never did. The same kind of thing happened with Mark Crilly where because he was related to some St Mirren supporter or other he was given far more of a break than he ever deserved - and it's happening now with Marc McAusland.

Marc McAusland's by far and away better than anyone mentioned on this thread or ever going to be mentioned on this thread. He has his flaws but he's nowhere near being the 'worst player' to wear the stripes.

I'd be about 9-12, and fancying myself as the new McGarvie, when he played but I remember weekly red faced outbursts to my Dad along the lines that Brian Docherty just had to be related to Jim Clunie to be getting a game in the side we had then. See he's recently taken over as Chairman of the Scottish Police Federation...ahem sorry Sir..I was young unsure.png ..ermm ..Robert Dawson.

I'd be about 9-12, and fancying myself as the new McGarvie, when he played but I remember weekly red faced outbursts to my Dad along the lines that Brian Docherty just had to be related to Jim Clunie to be getting a game in the side we had then. See he's recently taken over as Chairman of the Scottish Police Federation...ahem sorry Sir..I was young unsure.png ..ermm ..Robert Dawson.

Brian Docherty got plenty games under Fergie too ,story is he was chased 'cos he was a piss artist. Scored v RFC and got the winner v 'well in season 77/78 and played at Bolton in our famous Anglo Scottish Cup run ! Captained Arbroath after he left us .