Worst Player

sorry got to be jim stewart never saw him lose less than 4 goals a game when he played ,

when money was injured truly the worst you only have to see the celtic 5.0 game could have been 1o that day if they had coverted there chances ,defense panic every time he was in goals

Deciding on a worst player is always a difficult one I think. To me it's not just as simple as worst player ever seen(which would be Gary McVie)it's more worst player that made a number of appearances and therefore continued to look the antithesis of a footballer over a period of time rather than just one game or a couple of sub appearances.

I saw McVie play once(badly), Kelechie Okorie likewise.

Neil Orr was pish for a while, Brian Smith played infrequently and was always crap, Jim Gardner was consistently awful.

Taking all into consideration I'd have to give a joint equal award to Mo Camara and Mikael Renfrum.

Both wage thieves of the highest order.

I agree that Mikail Renfurm was terrible for us, and to this day it annoys me - he was a fantastic player in the Dutch league - there's a goals compilation somewhere on YouTube I watched a while back of his, and some of his goals showed exceptional skill and determination. You wonder sometimes why certain players can show it at some clubs but not at others. Edited by zurich_allan

sorry got to be jim stewart never saw him lose less than 4 goals a game when he played ,

when money was injured truly the worst you only have to see the celtic 5.0 game could have been 1o that day if they had coverted there chances ,defense panic every time he was in goals

We only won once when he was in goals 2-1 against Dundee

Dundee only had 1 effort on target and it was a weak header which went through his hands and into the net

Considering he played for Scotland he was dreadful and vastly overweight when he came to us

Ronnie McQuilter was pretty shit, but at least he tried.

If we look at the preceived amount of money spent relative to the quality of performances, then the list is endless and several contenders have been mentioned previously.

Kevin Twaddle was an impostor, who simply didn't want to play games. He frequently invented reasons, just before kick off, to avoid selection.

Christopher Wreh was another player who promised so much, but delivered very little.

However, pound for pound, I reckon Mo Camara, Danny Grainger and Bahookie must be worth consideration.

As already mentioned, if a player only plays 2-3 games I don't think you can include them in this category - the few games they played for us may have underlying reasons why they were shit. You can only truly judge if a player is REALLY bad once they have played a fair number of games, say 20/half a season.

I seem to remember a lot of the coughlin team were truly awful however a lot of them came from lower leagues and we're just punching above their weight with us - e.g. Mark crilly, Robert dunn.

But Andy Dow is one who sticks out as being so bad that you genuinely wonder how he managed to look so good playing in the premier league. That guy really was a wage thief for us.

You clearly never saw Jim Gilmour in the early 70s. Even made Chris Smith look good.

You clearly never saw Jim Gilmour in the early 70s. Even made Chris Smith look good.

Indeed,I'll never forget his debut at Hampden against Queens Park.

Second worst display of goalkeeping that I've ever witnessed.

Brian smith without any doubt

Cheesy reminds me a lot of Brian smith. Both very similar style of player who get caught out defensively an awful lot.

Although when smith played, he played right back in the first team for us but he captained the reserves at centre half and actually looked decent - obviously playing against boys and crocks in the reserve league west.

I used to watch a lot of the reserves at that time and I remember him scoring a screamer from 40 yards into the top corner. Tbh that would be getting loads of mentions on the best goal scored thread, if anyone else actually seen if!