2012 Financial Report

Bud the Baker

It could be worse Stuart, you could've suggested that we build a running track instead.

You're too late unfortunately. £17.5m in grants were spent on Scotstoun Stadium which is now hosting 4,000+ fans per week watching Glasgow Warriers and which is also coining in money four times a week from Victoria Park Athletics Club who train there. It's also going to be hosting major Scottish, UK and International Athletics events over the summer and it's going to be used as a training venue for the 2014 Commonwealth Games and it's also the home venue for the World Series Rugby 7's annual event. That's quite a lot of revenue just for putting a running track around a football pitch.

Never mind - St Mirren have three tiny five a side pitches which sometimes get used if staff remember to open the dressing room and unlock the pitches and which might get covered. :rolleyes:

You're too late unfortunately. £17.5m in grants were spent on Scotstoun Stadium which is now hosting 4,000+ fans per week watching Glasgow Warriers and which is also coining in money four times a week from Victoria Park Athletics Club who train there. It's also going to be hosting major Scottish, UK and International Athletics events over the summer and it's going to be used as a training venue for the 2014 Commonwealth Games and it's also the home venue for the World Series Rugby 7's annual event. That's quite a lot of revenue just for putting a running track around a football pitch.

Never mind - St Mirren have three tiny five a side pitches which sometimes get used if staff remember to open the dressing room and unlock the pitches and which might get covered. rolleyes.gif

So the rugby events are staged there because of a running track?

Scotstoun Stadium........which is also coining in money four times a week from Victoria Park Athletics Club who train there.

"Coining in" - from an athletics Club? Two things...

1. That has to be bollox. In my club it's 50p a go. On the best winter's night - and we're a big club - that'll be about £20.00

2. That is what this country has been reduced to by Thatcherite policies. There is no such thing as society so let's charge for people keeping fit... and then if they won't pay up for that let's charge for them to have private hospital treatments.

No joined-up thinking. No thought before the babble. And we have to assume it's not just the denizens of Law village who suffer from that cos the Tories do have one or two MPs....

personally i fancy being one of those who crowd into scotstoun stadium and pay £10 for a glass of water and then drink it while watching rugby teams get humped cos they are running round the track instead of up and down the field and it's only £400 per race/match,

i would also point out that scotstoun is in glasgow which is ever so immensely more populated than paisley and i would be interested to know exactly how much money they coin in from the running track.

and why don't we get a rugby team to ruin our pitch every second week that would make great financial sense

of course all the above is nonsense but hey he started it

all the above is nonsense but hey he started it

The REAL problem is that people respond to him.

Silence in some circumstances can be golden. IGNORE.

I get annoyed with myself everytime I am niggled enough to point out the spurious shite, as he NEVER addresses the flaws in his madness. :(

But if no Buddie answers, then posts from the arsehole of Lanarkshire will die a death. That has happened in past years. :)

At least he's not as puerile as those I have on IGNORE. So he has some redeeming feautures that I have not yet really divined....

I get annoyed with myself everytime I am niggled enough to point out the spurious shite, as he NEVER addresses the flaws in his madness. sad.png

But if no Buddie answers, then posts from the arsehole of Lanarkshire will die a death. That has happened in past years. smile.png

At least he's not as puerile as those I have on IGNORE. So he has some redeeming feautures that I have not yet really divined....

Ach It widnae be the same on here without Stuart....Gee him a break...Tories are hard to find these days...endangered species and all thatwhistling.gif

Stuart Dickson's alright. A lot of his posts are good and worth reading. As he himself said recently, I think some people on here look at who has made a post before they read it and that influences what they think of it before they've actually read it. If folk just read the post rather then look at who's posted it they might actually find that they agree with it or have something in common with other members but I doubt people will change so "que sera sera".

Stuart Dickson's alright. A lot of his posts are good and worth reading. As he himself said recently, I think some people on here look at who has made a post before they read it and that influences what they think of it before they've actually read it. If folk just read the post rather then look at who's posted it they might actually find that they agree with it or have something in common with other members but I doubt people will change so "que sera sera".

I concur

1. That has to be bollox. In my club it's 50p a go. On the best winter's night - and we're a big club - that'll be about £20.00

2. That is what this country has been reduced to by Thatcherite policies. There is no such thing as society so let's charge for people keeping fit... and then if they won't pay up for that let's charge for them to have private hospital treatments.

No joined-up thinking. No thought before the babble. And we have to assume it's not just the denizens of Law village who suffer from that cos the Tories do have one or two MPs....

Bluto at Motherwell AC its £2 per session and theres 3 sessions per week. They aren't a big club but they'll get 50-60 athletes at each session. Most of the money that comes in from that stays with MAC though. Where the profit is for the facility is in selling the captive market (parents) food, soft drinks and coffees as well as gym memberships.

The various competitions are worth a great deal of money to NLL at Wishaw Sports Centre or indeed to the Kelvin Hall, Scotstoun, Pitreavie etc. Even the local kis league events will draw 2000 people who are on site from 10am to 5pm spending money.

Bluto at Motherwell AC its £2 per session and theres 3 sessions per week. They aren't a big club but they'll get 50-60 athletes at each session. Most of the money that comes in from that stays with MAC though. Where the profit is for the facility is in selling the captive market (parents) food, soft drinks and coffees as well as gym memberships.

The various competitions are worth a great deal of money to NLL at Wishaw Sports Centre or indeed to the Kelvin Hall, Scotstoun, Pitreavie etc. Even the local kis league events will draw 2000 people who are on site from 10am to 5pm spending money.

Ok I read you the first time...

No need for stereo.

Those prices are as bad as SPL ones....

Ach fair enough - posted from the mobile phone this morning and the page didn't reload.

Anyway it seems I was wrong with my post this morning. My son is a gym member at NLL so he gets access to the track included as part of his fees. He pays MAC £1.00 per session. However for non NLL members they need to pay £1.30 to Wishaw Sports Centre to gain access to the track and then £1.00 to MAC as their club dues. So it's actually £2.30 per session and not £2.00.

When I was on the committee we had moved to serial lets of the track but according to my mate who is still on the committee they scrapped that when NLL put prices up to £63.50 per hour. The track sessions last 2 hours and since the kids paying at the door weren't paying by the hour it became more practical to change the way they operated. Still I make that £10,140 in admission fees over the course of a year - not bad for 6 hours work per week - and that's without counting the revenue that would be generated from the captive audience, or from the lets for competitions etc and MAC are a much smaller club than the likes of Kilbarchan AAC who train at Linwood.

I get annoyed with myself everytime I am niggled enough to point out the spurious shite, as he NEVER addresses the flaws in his madness. sad.png

But if no Buddie answers, then posts from the arsehole of Lanarkshire will die a death. That has happened in past years. smile.png

i'm trying to ignore - but "must try harder" hopefully it works

May I ask, Who are 10,000hrs ?

Well they were a group of people headed by Richard Atkinson to create a cic for our club and take us into fan ownership. They managed to engage 1000 supporters to commit an annual £120.000 through a direct debit mandate. They lost out on their bid to take over the club due to a lack of funding from the various bodies and also suffered from SNP politics. SG said no and as a man I hold In high esteem I will always back his decision. 10000hrs are still on this forum .....So we'll see