St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

We are the underdogs in this..... GOOD.

The pressure is on them, not us.

We have beaten them before, we can do it again. Okay they pumped us 5-0 a few weeks ago, we learn from it and move on.

Anything can happen, and i'll be backing our boys 100% of the way, regardless of what happens.

BELIEVE.

Exactly. Celtic were even more of underdogs last night and look what happened.

Sure, it's not the draw I wanted but for wazzocks, or elvis, who spout the same old pish, they are not even close to supporters.

I'll be there with a few of my family. Probably more in hope but I'll be there. Not underestimating the task but it's one game and we've surprised them before.

Elvis, WGAF about him and his half arsed comments. bye1.gif

I hope Danny Lennon and Goodwin remember who pays their wages. We've had enough of the two of them kissing Celtic arses. Don't want to hear a bloody word from either of them about Celtic.

Quite right Rick, we are St Mirren.

Naebody else matters.

I'll be there cheering us on.

My first Saints Semi Final was when we lost 3-0 tae Sellik in 1971.

Was gutted that night.

This time we can do it.

Edited by shull

My mind ALWAYS goes back to the very tough, no chance Semi Final in 1959.

Against them. :)

And Jagbud's Team had supposedly nae chance against Sellik in the 1971 Final, especially when the Green Vermin had many Lisbon Lions playing.

Been through all this before and respect the individual's decision but to rule yourself out of seeing your own team play at the national stadium in a domestic cup semi-final just because of who we are playing is a real shame.

I'm looking forward to the game, in football you always have a chance.

For those doubting our chances I give you this;

Scottish Premier Sat 28Feb 2009 Celtic 7 - 0 St Mirren

Scottish Cup Sat 07Mar 2009 St Mirren 1 - 0 Celtic

1 week in between those two games. These things can, and do, happen.

Been through all this before and respect the individual's decision but to rule yourself out of seeing your own team play at the national stadium in a domestic cup semi-final just because of who we are playing is a real shame.

Well said. I don't see the point in supporting St Mirren if you aint gonna bother turning up for a Semi Final when we reach one? These games don't come round too often, it's the reward for making the midweek trips to Brechin, watching a run of defeats etc... I appreciate folk may not have much love for Celtic or more appropriately their support, however there's always a chance (allbeit a slim one) that you'll miss out on being "there" at one of our greatest results of recent times. I'll be there.

Indeed. .

I hope we get a decent turn out again . I can still remember wee Strachan's interview after we f**ked horsed humped pumped them that day , he just kept saying" Saint Mirren , Saint Mirren" , priceless. .

Good day out at Hampden can't see us doing anything though they are far too strong in all areas for us and our defence is pish.

its in january FFS get a grip and support the team by that time we might be in form and they might be raviged with injuries. a long way to go before we play them. we will give it 100% i know that

if your not going to hampden why bother calling yourself a saint mirren supporter - it's a game that everybody who can attend should attend - as long as they want to be known as a saint mirren supporter. i'd like to know what you think you will achieve by deciding not to go , posting the fact on here for all to see is also a bit strange - what reaction are you seeking or what exactly are you protesting against, FIIK

if your not going to hampden why bother calling yourself a saint mirren supporter - it's a game that everybody who can attend should attend - as long as they want to be known as a saint mirren supporter. i'd like to know what you think you will achieve by deciding not to go , posting the fact on here for all to see is also a bit strange - what reaction are you seeking or what exactly are you protesting against, FIIK

As Div mentioned, there was a similar set of "Look at us, we're no going" when playing the Old Firm on a previous match.

It's everybodys decision but seems strange that a national cup semi final is deemed less important than a dislike of a set of supporters or their club.

Edited by faraway saint