St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

Guest somner9

I would expect a 4-5-1 with the midfield saturated by buzzin buddies... frustrating the hell out of the green vermin and forcing the game to a one goal/extra time/penalty shootout scenario.

There is no sense in trying anything else, especially not hoofin it up so ra vermin can launch wave after wave of attacks..

Problem with a 4-5-1 is that you invite the opposition onto your midfield and defence. Our defence isn't the greatest just now is it?......

Let's get our Tom Hendry heads on and go 4-3-3. They'll not be expecting that!!!!

Can you not have a word with your boss Darth Vader storm trooper, he could use the force to help us through.

I think we need to stick with Barron at RB, yes he gifted 2 goals on Saturday but against Kilmarnock he was the best player on the park except maybe their keeper and he will be determined to make amends I'm sure. Assuming we don't have Dummet back I'd go with:

Samson

Barron Mair Mcausland Carey

Goodwin

Teale McGowan McLean McGinn

Thompson

If McLean isn't then fit then put McGinn in the middle and Imrie on the left. The important thing is we are well up for, shut them down quickly and be first to every loose ball. I'm coming back early from a weekend in Newcastle for this hope its worth it!

Edited by irvine_buddie

it's really important we genuinely have a go here. The worst defence in the spl cowering in our own half like we have in every game we've played under danny against celtic will cause rage (for me anyway).

Having a go and losing - fair play.

having a go and winning - mardi gras in mount florida.

Samson

DVZ McAusland Mair Dummet/Carey

Teale McLean Goodwin McGinn

McGowan

Thompson

McGowan must perform, help out the midfield when needed and get forward with Teale and McGinn when he can.

It kills me to put McGinn on the wing cos his best position is in the middle, but needs must.

1-0 Saints. McGowan, 79 mins, followed by 15 minutes of frantic, all-hands-to-the-pump, body-on-the-line, last-ditch defending.

I'm taking my Celtic-supporting girlfriend to her first Saints game. We'd better win this or I'll never hear the end of it.

Considering tying her to the seat, but if you hear someone let out a small squeal of delight if they score, please don't hurt her.

Can't see past that team to be honest, Guy and Parkin don't deserve to play based on the past few weeks. And we certainly need Goodwin in the middle of the park.

it's really important we genuinely have a go here. The worst defence in the spl cowering in our own half like we have in every game we've played under danny against celtic will cause rage (for me anyway).

Disagree a bit bud....Early Danny......Total football and pumped big time?......Latter Danny shut up shop and pumped with less goals but more embarrassment...Last game would get football stopped!....Realy hard for him in this game to be honest ....He has to give us something of a chance and win or lose show we can match Arbroath in giving Celtic a game.

Just f**king win that's all I ask.

In the words of the boring football quotes ....Replacing "Over the Moon Gary"....................It's ...."It's a big ask"....but fcuk it we are St Mirren ...pumped the Celtic 4-0 after getting beat by a 9 man defunct team so bring it on......... Danny can become a legend ...I'm sure that's what he wants. coys

Disagree a bit bud....Early Danny......Total football and pumped big time?......Latter Danny shut up shop and pumped with less goals but more embarrassment...Last game would get football stopped!....Realy hard for him in this game to be honest ....He has to give us something of a chance and win or lose show we can match Arbroath in giving Celtic a game.

There's a difference between getting forward quickly, using wing backs and trying to cause problems for them and suicidal passing amongst our less than talented defenders.

It's another early start for me, 1.30 am ko, win or lose I just want every player to give their all, no hiding and just getting right into them for 90 mins, no player should be left standing in black and white due to the effort they give.

If it was all down to money, skill and ability them we will get pumped, but if players are committed and fight for everything then the rest goes out the window, we as fans would give anything to play in the black and white, it's time the players showed the desire and commitment that us fans have. They have a chance to become legends, they must take that chance

It's another early start for me, 1.30 am ko, win or lose I just want every player to give their all, no hiding and just getting right into them for 90 mins, no player should be left standing in black and white due to the effort they give. If it was all down to money, skill and ability them we will get pumped, but if players are committed and fight for everything then the rest goes out the window, we as fans would give anything to play in the black and white, it's time the players showed the desire and commitment that us fans have. They have a chance to become legends, they must take that chance

Ronaldo has summed it up for me. Week in week out we are far too soft, and give every team far too much respect. We need to get in their faces, snap at them and show that we have 11 guys who are willing to fight for the cause and progress. Anything other than an aggressive performance will likely leave us 2 or 3 down at half time and out of the cup.

Get stuck into them Saints!

Ronaldo has summed it up for me. Week in week out we are far too soft, and give every team far too much respect. We need to get in their faces, snap at them and show that we have 11 guys who are willing to fight for the cause and progress. Anything other than an aggressive performance will likely leave us 2 or 3 down at half time and out of the cup.

Get stuck into them Saints!

Thats exactly what Ross County did to us on saturday.

We need to get in about them early on. Forget defending in numbers and hoping for the best. Have a go and play the football we know we're capable of. If we lose 3 or 4 nil so be it - at least we tried and the fans had something to shout about. I can't be arsed watching 11 behind the ball and no more than 3 passes being strung together before humping it up the park to one of their centre halves. That's no use to anybody. The best way to avoid losing a goal is to keep the ball in the oppositions's half!

If we have a go and get stuck in early, we'll let them know they're in for a game. I can't see Hooper flinging himslef into challenges if there are still bids kicking about for serious money from EPL clubs.