St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

We need Goodwin in Midfield IMO, Celtic are very physical and strong and will run over us in this area we need a bit of steel. Our defence will be the death of us in this game, but we all know that.

Maybe so but there's a 99% chance that with Goodwin in midfield he will get booked because of the sort of game he plays,usually pretty early on therefore making him the most pointless player in our team. He's much more reserved about diving in at centre half.

Edited by Dan Is The Man

Maybe so but there's a 99% chance that with Goodwin in midfield he will get booked because of the sort of game he plays,usually pretty early on therefore making him the most pointless player in our team. He's much more reserved about diving in at centre half.

It's crazy that we move him back into defence to accommodate his poor discipline.

We'll get totally overrun in midfield if Goodwin plays in central defence. Brown and co will bully Robertson and Newton unfortunately, i hope i'm wrong though.

We will miss Kenny McLean big time.

Thats a wee bit unfair, we`ve seen him for a whole 45 minutes , give the lad a chance, the reports from Geordie land were of a tough tackling midfielder, what better platform to show it.

So what would everyone else's starting 11 be?

I'd go:

------------Samson-------------

DVZ Mair McAusland Barron

-----------Goodwin-------------

Teale McGowan McGinn Imrie

----------Thompson------------

I'd love to see Isma starting but given he probably won't be match fit, it might be risky, and playing two up top - while desirable - is probably not the best idea given our recent goals conceded record. We need to keep it tight for the first 45 minutes and take it from there - use Isma as an impact sub mid-way through the second half. We have to have a game plan, we can't just go into this hoping for the best. And I'm sorry to say that I'll be disappointed to see any of Guy, Robertson and Parkin on the pitch as I don't think any of them are good enough or contribute enough. We cannot afford passengers tomorrow, certainly not in those areas of the park. Every man has to stand up and be counted. We need an effort like that of the Rangers 1-0 game a few years back at Love St with every player throwing his kitchen sink at the ball to keep it out and not being afraid to shoot when they got the chance.

Edited by Sunny Saint

We will win tomorrow because we are St Mirren, thrashed one week, shocking errors at the back. Then a week later a great team performance, just like the 7-0 at darkhead then the 1-0 in the cup the next sat, the cup final loss to 9 men followed by the 4-0 at nsp. WE ARE THE BUDDIES!!!!