St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

Carey was tremendous at left back, who said he cant play left back?

The grumpy numpty :P

He was also giving Lennon peters last night on twitter when he heard the starting XI. :lol

Doesn't matter though, no one will be happier than SPS that we're in the final.

Carey was brilliant today. So committed in the tackle and got forward when he could. Great shift.

I doubted danny also after the rc game, however he got it spot on today, and he has made two good signings in Goncalves and Newton, he has done extremely well and has made our season getting us through to the league cup final, whatever happens in the SPL you cannot take this away from Danny Lennon, cheers danny. thumbup2.gif

The grumpy numpty :P

He was also giving Lennon peters last night on twitter when he heard the starting XI. :lol

Doesn't matter though, no one will be happier than SPS that we're in the final.

Carey was brilliant today. So committed in the tackle and got forward when he could. Great shift.

He was tremendous today, some great tackles and he more than proved the doubters wrong, everyone of them were hero's today and its good to be a f**king buddie! :)

cannot believe my eyes, fantastic, thats the beauty of sport... never know wit can happen

Murdo Mcloed can get it right f'en up him, who's the 'disgrace' now Murdo, listening to him practically greeting after game on sportsound was the cherry on the cake

Down deepest south. Caught crackelly radio scotland mw reception of our penalty and full time. This was a shock as I thought there was still 20 minutes left at 3-2.

Time for my

Yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!

Ya dancer......wipes away tears.

Train tickets getting booked tonight.

Sooooooo happy.

Well done to every one of these boys today....briliant

Every player front to back can be proud today and credit to lennon n craig kept attacking formation with good use of subs. Was there in 87 n will be there in march!!!!

Indeed,no one player's loyalty or commitment to the cause could be questioned today , everyone of them gave 100% - and some a bit more than that. .

Thommo's desire to get the ball in the net and win the game for us was superb. .

After the first goal I almost lost my voice at the jubilation and our non-stop singing and chanting was first class as meanwhile at the other side of the stadium things seemed decidedly , quieter. What superb backing we gave our team as they gave us the performance of the season and Danny's first win against the vermin was to be done in style at the national stadium , no less, with a massive tv audience , no doubt. .

A great first day out for Gonsalves not just for the goal but the way he was hanging on to possession towards the end. And towards the end, we were all watching the minuites tick away, as we willed our team to hang on for the win . .

So wee Santa' at the end , he just said. ."Yeh , can shove yer fucken treble up yer arse. .!!". .sorcerer.gif

I've just read this whole thread.

Very emotional.

Great match commentaries from Bluto and Joe.

Wish you two wid be pals after today.

Got the match recorded, i'll watch again when i get home and i'll read this thread again.

Still cannae believe what i witnessed at Hampden today.

I feel so priviledged to have been there.

Just got home after that. Absolutely WONDERFUL stuff today from the entire team. Danny got his tactics right, there was zero fannying around at the back so we isolated their front three by bypassing them.

BTW that wee chap McGinn is utter class!

Loved that today, makes everything we go through worthwhile.clap.gif

The greatest performance I've ever seen from St. Mirren.

Tactics were spot on.

All the players were wonderful. However, some special praise for Marc McAusland, Gary Teale, Graham Carey and John McGinn.

McAusland's cross for the third was incredible. Carey's defending was unbelievable. John McGinn is some player.

And I love Gary Teale.

I love them all, especially Danny Lennon.

I've now had a beer or 2 to steady myself, since getting back home.

It was simply one of those matches when we didn't have a failure in the team, they all played well and as a unit they were better than the sum of the parts. I can't help special mentions for Thompson, Samson and the superbly flawless McGowan. Also our support was noisy, funny and passionate, it felt great to in among our lot today.

Here's to you dad, I hope your were watching from the seats on high.

It was simply one of those days, when it was good to be a Buddie.

Well I'm not ashamed to admit I was in tears with three minutes to go while we were all shouting "we want four" as Saints had the ball in the corner. I've followed saints home and away pretty much since I was a boy. It's my 38th birthday today and the ticket was a present from my Celtic supporting brother!

It matches 87 for me as I was too young then to truly appreciate the significance. I'm the only buddy in a family full of ce**ic fans and I've endured a lot over the years from them.

Not tonight.

Best. Present. Ever.

Thank you so much St Mirren.

The wounds of THAT final went some way towards being healed this afternoon.

Unbelievable today, couldn't make the game do to being completely hungover but what a curer that was. Cracked open the wine and watched the game. The look on thompsons face when he was celebrating brought me to tears while I was jumping about alone in the house like an absolute lunatic. This is what it's all about being a st mirren fan and my sevco and green scum supporting pals will never get that or understand it.

Special praise for wee McGinn, cheesy and Carey. But the whole team were outstanding. Still buzzing and thank f**k I'm off tomorrow. Enjoy everyone

Sorry had to mention Thompson again, great guy, st mirren fan and a great player. He must be absolutely delighted.

Edited by stuartsmfc

class performance, every body played for the team.

proud to be a buddie.

I think I gave a cuddle to everyone from paisley at hampden today.

was so proud to attend the game and see my son celebrate,

he is a big man utd fan and the highlight of his season is to go to old trafford.

but on the train home he said that today beat going to old trafford.

made a grown man cry that did....

Edited by stevie-dee