St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

Brill..i..ant

Ran out of hankies on the final whistle, what a performance against the conquerors of Barca. We thrashed the mighty Celtic 3-2.

and their second goal was well over time. Funny how the smelltic texts went quiet on my phone in the second half....

Though Danny Lennon got his selection and tactics bang on.

Massive performances all over the park. Many will talk about celtic and their poor performance,they played as well as we let them.

We were superb today,the players played for those famous striped jerseys today.

Well done to all and roll on 17th march, This is our year.

Today was just unbelievable. Still can't believe we beat them. Fantastic play from the whole team today, everybody busted a gut from start to finish and really deserved the win. Brilliant goals especially thompsons, what a finish it was from a great ball from cheesy, there were tears in his eyes as he was celebration infront of us. Brilliant day and can't wait for march 17th.

Watched in a pub in Dubai with my girlfriends brother who lives out here, I was gutted to not be going, but two die hard saints in an Irish pub across from a group of Celtic fans watching on the worst picture ever did not detract from the game, absolutely brilliant, to be fair to the Celtic boys they wished us all the best for the final.

Brilliant night all round, although it was slightly surreal in a busy pub cheering loudly as the goals went in.

there can be no question of selling McGowan now before the transfer window closes. We need him for the final.

Conclaves could be a real ace in the pack and I imagine will be a lot fitter by the final.

No need to look for another left back...Carey is now right good there.

And no suspensions for the final

They all played very very well today...absolutely fantastic.

now all the stuffings we took aff celtic the last 3 years worth it coz they players undertimated us today, even Neil Lennon said it

just thinking that 4-0 win over Mowbray was 3 days after losing in final at Hampden, never thought i'd see 2 Hampden finals in 3 years

there can be no question of selling McGowan now before the transfer window closes. We need him for the final.

Conclaves could be a real ace in the pack and I imagine will be a lot fitter by the final.

No need to look for another left back...Carey is now right good there.

And no suspensions for the final

They all played very very well today...absolutely fantastic.

Carey is tremendous at left back.

That was pretty special. Nobody let the club down. Danny in the face of much criticism and ridicule got every detail spot on. Just look at the reaction's to the goals, Danny, gowser, thommo, nobody can question their commitment to the cause. For 5000 or however many fans were there, immense. For once there was no negativity...nobody hurling abuse at an individual player. Everyone was in that together!

2013 could be a very, very special year for this club. Lets win this thing!

Posted elsewhere but relates to match.

Danny Lennon played a blinder today. Brilliant today, best part was that he had so many choices to make and he nailed them.

Mair or Goodwin at the back?

Goodwin was brilliant today, a real leader and really unlucky with the penalty decision as it hit his chest first.

Left back role. Barron, Carey or even Lee Mair who has been out there before.

Carey was amazing today. A real contender for man if the match. Solid in the tackle and ups and down the line all day.

Midfield selection. Massive gamble and trust in young inexperienced guys.

McGinn was cool an composed. Always trying to hold the ball up, wait fr support and play the right pass. He's miles better than his brother Stephen and a bigger asset to the club than McLean IMHO.

Newton, hardly kicked a ball do Newcastle and had a shakey debut last week. Inexperienced against Brown and Wanyama but what a shift he put in. Goodwin in midfield wouldn't have been a surprise but Danny showed great belief and trust in these young talented players.

Isma, only met the squad midweek and we had loads of other options here.

Imrie, Guy or Parkin could have started to give support to Thomo but Isma was great. Worked hard, tracked back and provided a great option as an out ball. Always in space and willing to take the man on. Great finish as well.

Posted elsewhere but relates to match.

Danny Lennon played a blinder today. Brilliant today, best part was that he had so many choices to make and he nailed them.

Mair or Goodwin at the back?

Goodwin was brilliant today, a real leader and really unlucky with the penalty decision as it hit his chest first.

Left back role. Barron, Carey or even Lee Mair who has been out there before.

Carey was amazing today. A real contender for man if the match. Solid in the tackle and ups and down the line all day.

Midfield selection. Massive gamble and trust in young inexperienced guys.

McGinn was cool an composed. Always trying to hold the ball up, wait fr support and play the right pass. He's miles better than his brother Stephen and a bigger asset to the club than McLean IMHO.

Newton, hardly kicked a ball do Newcastle and had a shakey debut last week. Inexperienced against Brown and Wanyama but what a shift he put in. Goodwin in midfield wouldn't have been a surprise but Danny showed great belief and trust in these young talented players.

Isma, only met the squad midweek and we had loads of other options here.

Imrie, Guy or Parkin could have started to give support to Thomo but Isma was great. Worked hard, tracked back and provided a great option as an out ball. Always in space and willing to take the man on. Great finish as well.

Double post..........................postbuilding is a bad habit. thumbup2.gif

Carey is tremendous at left back.

always said that's where he is best. His problem was that Dummett had made that position his own. Now hopefully with a bit of a point to prove Carey produces a sparkling 6 months of form. Signs a new deal, and leads us to a cup double and top 6. And ends the yearly search for a left back!

Indeed.

If "supporters" decided not to go if they thought we would get beat then we would have little or no support.

Wonder how many are now "enjoying" the result? lol.gif lol.giflol.gif

Christ, we were always underdogs but to pass on the chance to be there today was, well, serves them right.

A great day and great to have been there.

LOL you crack me up Bud.

A lovely day today, I've been clicking madly on the "Like This" button for hunners of posts on here!

The same as many posters, I'm outside the UK , so finally I may be able to show the locals on March 17th, yes my team do actually exist, here they are in a CUP FINAL, having beaten Champions League team CellicFC to get there!

Today's performance showed both spirit and self-belief, hopefully this will be carried forward for the remainder of the season.

Gotta love Esmael "Goal-A-Game" Gonçalves!

A lovely day today, I've been clicking madly on the "Like This" button for hunners of posts on here!

The same as many posters, I'm outside the UK , so finally I may be able to show the locals on March 17th, yes my team do actually exist, here they are in a CUP FINAL, having beaten Champions League team CellicFC to get there!

Today's performance showed both spirit and self-belief, hopefully this will be carried forward for the remainder of the season.

Gotta love Esmael "Goal-A-Game" Gonçalves!

I'm the same mate, liking posts haha. It it sad that I keep watching Thompson celebrating his goal? Goosebumps, just shows you money didn't mean much to him to come to us. He's made his money now time to play for the team he loves. Dream come true. One of those days I'll never forget like the day we beat Motherwell 3-2 from 2-0 down. Amazing feeling and it's weird how a game of football can change your mood completey.