St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

if your not going to hampden why bother calling yourself a saint mirren supporter - it's a game that everybody who can attend should attend - as long as they want to be known as a saint mirren supporter. i'd like to know what you think you will achieve by deciding not to go , posting the fact on here for all to see is also a bit strange - what reaction are you seeking or what exactly are you protesting against, FIIK

And who the f**k are you that you think you can tell people what they should and shouldn't do?

Does going to Dingwall on a Tuesday night for a Challenge Cup Match qualify me as a supporter oh great one?

I'm not looking for any reaction or protesting for any reason, just stating a fact. I won't be there as I've had enough of mixing with them.

It Should be a great money spinner for us as the greatest fans in the world turn out for the semi final of the league cup.....Oh no wait stop press! ....The greatest fans in the world could be a myth.

Saints fans probably won't get in.

What with them getting 200, 000 tickets so that half of their fans who saw them in Lisbon can get in, and only a 5th of the ICBINR fans who are going to buy Chuckie Green's "shares" (100,000) buy tickets to come along to support Saints just cos it's against THEM, then where are we, 14 Buddies, gaunie sit? :o

Saints fans probably won't get in.

What with them getting 200, 000 tickets so that half of their fans who saw them in Lisbon can get in, and only a 5th of the ICBINR fans who are going to buy Chuckie Green's "shares" (100,000) buy tickets to come along to support Saints just cos it's against THEM, then where are we, 14 Buddies, gaunie sit? ohmy.png

You could be onto something there.....Mark daly to investigate.

Maybe they'll move the game to Dundee for a full house and you might make it?

clap2.gifclap.gif

Now Davido, I've been to Paisley twice, Perth once and Dundee once already.

Don't get angry, and breathhhhhh. wink.png

You live in Arbroath right? Now I'm not an expert on miles but I'm guessing you are closer to Aberdeen than a lot of other Buddies on here but you didn't go to the recent midweek Cup Match. That's a pity; you could have taken your total of seeing our beloved Saints so far this season up to five. Still, you're right - you must be a better fan than me.

Genuinely cannot believe the negativity from our fans regarding us reaching a national cup final at the national stadium really is madness

I will also take a guess and the negative people are the same people that say we don't fight and just roll over to Celtic is that not what you as fans are doing already with that attitude ?

Obviously ever person has the right to decide wheither to go or not but simple question to people who are already ruling themself out what will it achieve ? Do you think Celtic or there fans care how many of us turn up ? I for one think its embarrassing that we can't sellout our allocation for a national cup final also why let them deprive you of possibly the best days as a saints fan if we were to beat either of the ugly sisters at hampden a know for sure it would be up there with the best days of my life.

I cannot wait for hampden and hope as many saints fans are there as possible to proudly cheer on our team not there's

KTF COYS

Genuinely cannot believe the negativity from our fans regarding us reaching a national cup final at the national stadium really is madness

I will also take a guess and the negative people are the same people that say we don't fight and just roll over to Celtic is that not what you as fans are doing already with that attitude ?

Obviously ever person has the right to decide wheither to go or not but simple question to people who are already ruling themself out what will it achieve ? Do you think Celtic or there fans care how many of us turn up ? I for one think its embarrassing that we can't sellout our allocation for a national cup final also why let them deprive you of possibly the best days as a saints fan if we were to beat either of the ugly sisters at hampden a know for sure it would be up there with the best days of my life.

I cannot wait for hampden and hope as many saints fans are there as possible to proudly cheer on our team not there's

KTF COYS

Sorry to be pedantic Bud, but it's not the Final...

I'll be there...

KTF COYS

Well said.

I don't understand why any Saints fan wouldn't want to go the a national semi final. Even if you think we will get beaten easily, is it not worth the trip just incase we manage to win and you weren't there to see it? Imagine you were a Celtic fan and didn't go to the game on Wednesday because you expected your team to get humped bangin.gif.

I'm sure everyone has their reasons for not going, which is fair enough. But after putting up with all the shite that comes with being a Buddie, a rare day out to Hampden makes it all worthwhile no? Yes we'll probably lose and might not score, but it's the excitement that stems from the build up of a big Hampden match that does it for me. 10 years ago I was watching us lose against Arbroath and Brechin. If you'd told me I'd see three major cup-semi finals and one final (two including the Bells' Cup) within a decade then I'd have pinched myself.

Also 3 months is a long time. By the time tickets go on sale we may have turned the corner, and Celtic might have lost Wanyama et al. Who knows. But much like the 4-0 win over Celtic, if I was to miss this game and we'd somehow managed to beat them? I'd be delighted, yet forever gutted that I wasn't there to witness history.

But each to their own. We have zero to lose and we're going to Hampden. smile.png

I can fully appreciate why some would choose not to go to a game like this against the Old Firm - though if it were a cup final, I'm sure it would be a different case.

I can still remember the vile songs we were subjected to by fans of the late Rangers (RIP) in that game, especially with them in the tier above us, and it was pretty sickening to think that we had to listen to that guff. That was enough to put me off being in their company again. I would never criticise people for not attending due to the fact we're playing one of the Old Firm. If they went simply because they thought we were going to get beat, that would be a totally different situation.

That said, I can't let up the opportunity to go and see my team at Hampden. And I echo the comments of those above: we can win this game. Who's to say where both teams will be in a couple of months' time? Who's to say Celtic might not have lost Wanyama/Hooper/Forster to bigger clubs during that month? Who's to say we won't be the in-form team in the league? Who's to say Celtic won't have an off day, or we won't produce one of our once-in-a-blue-moon performances? It can happen.