St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

Awesome, that was right up there in terms of a proper dynamic team performance.........another day in the sun for the diddy fans coming up

Loving the fact my son is now convinced St Mirren are better than Celtic and can't wait for school tomorrow thumbup2.gif

Loving the tears of pride and joy, loving Higdon talking our club up, loving Murder McLeod' discomfort, loving the fact that Billy Dodd's is so passionate about St Mirren's win and in Gary Teale's sheer professional pride. Loving the fact that our new signing was so thorough in his pre match preparations on studying Celtic's right back............he had a debut to be proud of. Thommo, well simply an inspiration.

Down side, the glory hunting wife wants to make the final a family day out and her mob are of the hooped variety. Still always happy to take on converts for the cause...............

Well done everysinglebuddie punk.gif kind of the perfect day

Thought he was very gracious at the end of the game with Danny.

Sure, he's got to be disappointed that the best team in the country didn't win, wouldn't you?

I noticed that too. He was very warm towards Danny and even smiled, maybe he just put his guard back up for the press.

Just back from Hampden. The players-every single guy in Black and White-were absolutely magnificent today. Thommohawk is a legend but there were no failures today. And that is some debut by Isma!! That is what being a St Mirren fan is all about. I'm 48 and they can still surprise me. Even on the (relatively few tbh) occasions Celtic put us under pressure today our players harried and pressed and just gave absolutely everything. Yes now we all want to win the Final but just for today let's savour this. SMTID. FTOF.

Absolutely f**king fantastic, not a single player let us down, they all had the believe and fight that was needed to win today and showed how much of a team game football is, For today's match there should be a special award for man of the match - Danny Lennon, he had to pick the players up from a dismal performance last week and give them some self believe, the tactics were right and the substitutions were right. Thanks Danny, today was one of those days that make supporting a club outwith the OF so special and worthwhile.

To go in hope and play them of the park is a bit special to be honest......Feel proud today for my team and Mr Lennon....what do you think Davidg?

What did you think of Carey at left back? The boy was immense and put in some crunching tackles, love it!!

Just seen Neil Lennon's post match interview, didn't mention Saints once - guy has no class!

I watched him and Danny at the final whistle. Neil Lennon was very gracious indeed towards Danny and Tommy Craig.

I noticed that too. He was very warm towards Danny and even smiled, maybe he just put his guard back up for the press.

He had a wee chat with Danny when the fuull time whistle went and gave him a great big hug too.

What did you think of Carey at left back? The boy was immense and put in some crunching tackles, love it!!

Yes....I think he had a few one on ones....But the one he had on Hooper was a must make!....If he lets him go It's a goal and If he takes the man I'ts a red......Carey took the ball with a great tackle ...... I'm very impressed with how he played and he was a big reason for our win. I thought he was superb.

Safe to say, we Thominated from start to finish.

Despite recent comments to the contrary, I went to the game today. I just knew we could do it but couldnt explain why.

i got up yesterday morning with a thumping hangover courtesy of the BA lounge at Heathrow and decided "it is written" I knew an upset was on the cards and i had to be there, but didn't have a ticket yet- I had until 1 PM to get to Paisley.

I didnt feel safe to drive until 11:30 so i gave it an extra half hour to do the 50 miles from home to the ticket office. Usually takes a minimum of 65 minutes, i did it in 55 as the empty roads opened up before me (an omen)

i was so proud of every player-especially carey. it took me 40 minutes to realise the guy putting in those precise and crunching tackles was our former celt.

Many players settled a score today and i'm pleased for them. Hearts in the final-we should get Campbell Money in to the dressing room to explain just HOW badly we need to beat them. Pound to a penny they will be playing on the grudges from 86 and 87 and we need to respond in kind. It will be a helluva final.

To go in hope and play them of the park is a bit special to be honest......Feel proud today for my team and Mr Lennon....what do you think Davidg?

Not sure why you've directed this at me but I agree. Possibly the best team performance I've seen from the famous stripes.

Magnificent from start to finish. Maybe a surprising line up, but very positive and tactics absolutely bang on. Have to say that was Carey's best game since his loan spell. Third goal was a very special moment and hard to think of a better time to be a Buddie. Thank you Saints

Interesting the team was set up well because we won. whistling.gif

If we'd lost the same old pish would have been spurting from the same old people.

I won't embelish on the obvious points or certain players but it won't be long till the "same old" comes back to the front. Certain people have been very quiet tonight. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Fickle and very short sighted indeed. bye1.gif

A perfect end to a perfect day, today I sat in Hampden with my two sons and witnessed one of the finest performances from the buddies in over 40 years of supporting the team. Proud to be buddies and proud of everyone at the club, We are all St Mirren.thumbup2.gif cloud9.gif

You forgot me mate! :)

A perfect end to a perfect day, today I sat in Hampden with my two sons and witnessed one of the finest performances from the buddies in over 40 years of supporting the team. Proud to be buddies and proud of everyone at the club, We are all St Mirren.thumbup2.gifcloud9.gif

Good stuff 76 /77 May the Saint's Be with you Buddie ! clap.gif

Edited by Bud Bundy

Did you not say you were not going?....If not then Ignore me cause I can be daft
Yeh, didn't go and don't regret it one bit. Won't be at future games involving the OF either and it's got nothing to do with expecting to get beat.

Over the moon tonight and can't wait to applaud the players out on Wednesday night.