St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

Snap - was the first time at Hampden. My old man even took me round to see the old Third Lanark ground on the way home.
It was my first time at Hampden tae see the Saints.

Dinnae dae Cathkin Park efter as it was pitch black and the floodlights wurnae working.

This idea will get shot down but I think we should play Thommo and Imrie upfront Imrie hasnt really had a chance to play upfront for us like he did for accies.

Quite a lot people have suggested that idea.

Let face it Guy and Parkin aren't cutting it and Dougie hasn't been impressive playing wide.

I seem to remember him playing up front floating about the target man when at Accies

Oan the telly 3 weeks in a row, this one and the ICT game the following wednesday are on Council Telly.

Watching this one on the telly, too much of a risk of Danny making another rip roaring cùnt of it, he invariably gets the tactics wrong against Celtic, so I am not going to spend any money on the journey to hampden.

Edited by Joe

Great wee boost for the fans before Sunday...if he gets clearance....

as for the players....they canny play any worse than saturday

BUT

we never win 2 in a row so maybe that was a blessing in disguise (yeah yeah ok so never 2 in a row in the league) but its straws we need to clutch at this Sunday

so if you could all go out and jump in dog shit (the whiter the better)

Nice of the Beeb to not even bother to mention us ...Yes Celtic are back in action against some other lot

2153:
  • On Saturday, the other semi-final takes place at Easter Road with Hearts taking on Inverness. Also on Saturday, Dundee United host Ross County in the SPL.

2152:
  • Celtic are back in action on Sunday in the Scottish Communities League Cup semi-final. You can watch that match live on BBC One Scotland

this is where the draw pisses me aff

wida actually been better to go to Edinburgh on saturday and play Caley or hearts steed of spending a Sunday watching that mob hammer us at a half empty Hampden

Hampden will not be half empty Mick,it'll be half full.

Just watched the highlights from Celtic's game last night and they definitely leave big gaps at the back.

In fact United should've taken the lead after 4 mins but GMS put it wide.

Although they scored 4 last night, we also put 4 past that United defence.

Does anyone know if Forster will be fit for Sunday? Zaluska has started last 2 games and looked a bit ropey, definitely worth putting him under pressure when he's in possession as was proved last night.

Also heard a wee whisper that Wanyama and Hooper may be EPL bound before Sunday which would be rather good news.bye1.gif

I know a fair few still to purchase tickets.

I had a guy in the car last night who I vaguely know from the football.I was asking him if he had tickets yet.He told me he collected £15 from 7 of his pals on Sat but as he's skint he kept the money and will get tickets tomorrow when he gets paid!!!

I had a guy in the car last night who I vaguely know from the football.I was asking him if he had tickets yet.He told me he collected £15 from 7 of his pals on Sat but as he's skint he kept the money and will get tickets tomorrow when he gets paid!!!

How well do you know Shull? whistling.gif

I expect Danny will play a similar game plan to the one he did at Parkhead last month. He defended his strategy after the match and correctly pointed out that they created very few chances and both of their goals came from set pieces.

Celtic have scored 8 goals in their last two games, both against teams better than us. If we open up and ' have a go ' there is a good chance we will be humped 6 or 7 nil, no one wants that kind of humiliation.

We need to keep it tight and frustrate them as long as possible. If we concede in the first 20 minutes we may aswell go home as the game will effectively be over. The longer the game remains at 0-0 the more nervous and agitated Celtic and their fans will become and the more chance we will have.

I expect Danny will play a similar game plan to the one he did at Parkhead last month. He defended his strategy after the match and correctly pointed out that they created very few chances and both of their goals came from set pieces.

Celtic have scored 8 goals in their last two games, both against teams better than us. If we open up and ' have a go ' there is a good chance we will be humped 6 or 7 nil, no one wants that kind of humiliation.

We need to keep it tight and frustrate them as long as possible. If we concede in the first 20 minutes we may aswell go home as the game will effectively be over. The longer the game remains at 0-0 the more nervous and agitated Celtic and their fans will become and the more chance we will have.

I hated watching that. I saw the 'sense' in the strategy... but there was never any respite that day for the defence. It was backs to the wall, backs to the wall, backs to the wall... till the wall was pierced.

Perhaps with Thomson and Gonçalves there will be rest and respite. I can also see him persevering with that plan.

Probably the lesser Lennon can also deduce that...