Dom Dwyer

foxbar_bud

Sounds promising but a striker is the last thing we need right now! We have Thommo, Guy, Parkin, Reilly and the likes of McLean, McGowan and Imrie all forward-thinking players and all capable of chipping in with a fair few goals.

We literally have five fit defenders at the club. We don't need another striker.

I think there is always room for another goal threat to be honest, especially one with a lot of pace.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a certain midfielder returning to the club on loan in January either.

Defensive recruit is a must though, totally agree, and I imagine Danny does too.

This is the player Danny told me about yesterday but didnt want to post it on here incase it was getting kept under wraps

Danny was very positive about him and said he has lots of pace compared him to Walcott for pace and thinks could be a real asset to us

Also told me he is hopeful the dummett loan deal will be extended and a few other bits that a will keep to myself for now haha

I think there is always room for another goal threat to be honest, especially one with a lot of pace.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a certain midfielder returning to the club on loan in January either.

Defensive recruit is a must though, totally agree, and I imagine Danny does too.

I'm guessing Stephen McGinn? Either him or Simon Lappin.

I can't think who else it could be.

I fully expect Kenny McLean to heading out the door, sadly.

Of course there is always room but at a club like ours with a limited budget, it's all about priorities. Obviously if we were getting him on a really cheap deal which wouldn't impact on our budget then that would be a big plus.

Fitzpatrick? Abercromby? Lambert? Give us a clue? :P

I'm guessing Stephen McGinn? Either him or Simon Lappin.

Lappin's gone on loan with Cardiff so not him (got sent off in his first game I believe!)

McGinn much more likely. Watford tried to send him out on loan recently but couldn't find a club willing to take him before the English loan window closed. Zola been saying the lad needs games to help get back to form after that long-term injury he had.

Lappin's gone on loan with Cardiff so not him (got sent off in his first game I believe!)

McGinn much more likely. Watford tried to send him out on loan recently but couldn't find a club willing to take him before the English loan window closed. Zola been saying the lad needs games to help get back to form after that long-term injury he had.

Aye, right enough.

If I'm being brutally honest, I'm not 100% thrilled with the idea of our club being used for the purposes of easing players back into matches after injury, or giving them a run-out during their own club's close seasons. Sure, there is a chance that we might benefit from having their services at our disposal, but I always wonder about just how committed they will be in terms of going in for challenges, chasing lost causes etc. - all the things that you need as the season draws to a close.

Aye, right enough.

If I'm being brutally honest, I'm not 100% thrilled with the idea of our club being used for the purposes of easing players back into matches after injury, or giving them a run-out during their own club's close seasons. Sure, there is a chance that we might benefit from having their services at our disposal, but I always wonder about just how committed they will be in terms of going in for challenges, chasing lost causes etc. - all the things that you need as the season draws to a close.

I think the January window is a hard one to trade in, unless you have money to spend. Good players will all be under contract in the middle of the season so unless you either swap, or spend money, then chances are you are going to be looking at loan deals as being most likely form of movement.

We will do well to hold on to McLean in January I reckon, he has had an excellent start to this season, scoring some spectacular goals and that won't have gone un-noticed.

I reckon at least 3 new arrivals in January.

I think the only way that Danny would be having a closer look at an attacker is because this guy could have the potential to change a game single handedly. In the SPL to have a guy with real pace, cannot be underestimated!

Danny said himself at the Q and A night that bolstering the defence is the priority. So Danny must see this guy as a potential coup!