Dom Dwyer

foxbar_bud

He is 22 and has 1 senior appearance to his name? Hmm, i imagine it is quite a jump from college soccer in the USA to the SPL but we shall see...

Somehow I don't see him struggle to adapt with the SPL where it's hardly bursting at the seems with quality, Andy Dorman being the perfect example. Andy Dorman proved to be a key signing for us and was easily the best in his position at making those late runs into the box. This boy Dwyer is a low risk loan signing so we have nothing much to lose and everything to gain if proves to be a real surprise package like Dorman.

Edited by class of 76-77

Somehow I don't see him struggle to adapt with the SPL where it's hardly bursting at the seems with quality, Andy Dorman being the perfect example.

Aye, and the Good Ol' USA gave our national team a recent humping. We'll have to wait and see but I don't have any particular worries about him coming from American football - better than coming from Cowdenbeath (with exceptions of course :) )

Somehow I don't see him struggle to adapt with the SPL where it's hardly bursting at the seems with quality, Andy Dorman being the perfect example. Andy Dorman proved to be a key signing for us and was easily the best in his position at making those late runs into the box. This boy Dwyer is a low risk loan signing so we have nothing much to lose and everything to gain if proves to be a real surprise package like Dorman.

Andy had played over 100 games for New England Revs senior side before he came to us. This guy has never played at that level, he's been playing college soccer.

Low risk indeed, but as has already been said, there are other areas of the team which need looking at before a winger/forward.

Andy had played over 100 games for New England Revs senior side before he came to us. This guy has never played at that level, he's been playing college soccer.

Low risk indeed, but as has already been said, there are other areas of the team which need looking at before a winger/forward.

I think we look poor without Thommo in the team,last week showed that.

I do agree a couple of defenders do need to come in but you have to look at any player who could enhance your chances of scoring

• 2 weeks later...