Broadband Provider For Paisley

TediousTom

Dear fellow forum users,

I am currently a customer of a company called Talk Talk and I am becoming somewhat unhappy with the service I get. Firstly my router box that transmits the magic signal is now about 3 years old and I just dont think its very good (its a D link 2640r for you clever chaps and chappesses),

Also the nice Asian man that answers the phone thinks im some sort of fool and likes to change the subject or suddenly cannot hear me when I mention the topic of cancellation. In short, ive had it with the buggers and I intend to change my phone and broadband to a shiny new phone and broadband company. I would also prefer a company that employs staff in the UK (or even better Scotland) as I dont like talking to foreign people whom I barely understand and whom barely understand me.

I look forward to hearing the expertise and experience of my fellow forum users as I intend digest your comments and views before making an informed decision on this very matter.

What about BT?

Edited by TediousTom

I'm In the process of leaving Talk Talk. Very poor customer service IMHO.

If you do intend to leave you will be passed to the Retentions department where they will try and cut you a deal. They are currently offering a On demand TV service which they will charge to install and get you on an 18 month contract.

Go armed with the best offer you would get if you were a new customer. For example Free TV box, free install, 12 months 1/2 price line rental, new router, etc etc. Negotiate hard with them.

Alternatively see what deals you can do as a new customer with another supplier. Many of them will offer deals including cash back to secure your business.

If you do find an alternative provider do not cancel any DD with Talk Talk until you have fully migrated over. Ensure you are at the end of your contract before you leave or they will try and charge you termination fees. Let your new supplier deal with the switchover to ensure that you keep your old number.

That sounds like damn good advice. I am leaving Talk Talk as I am fed up speaking to people whom I cannot understand.

BT seem to be as good a bet as anyone however I am put off slightly a post above indicating that they use Indian call centres. This is exactly the kind of thing that I can no longer be bothered with.

Virgin keep popping up with competitive deals but unfortunately Mr Branson has not laid his cables near to my house.

That sounds like damn good advice. I am leaving Talk Talk as I am fed up speaking to people whom I cannot understand.

BT seem to be as good a bet as anyone however I am put off slightly a post above indicating that they use Indian call centres. This is exactly the kind of thing that I can no longer be bothered with.

Virgin keep popping up with competitive deals but unfortunately Mr Branson has not laid his cables near to my house.

You wouldn't want Virgin anyway if you don't like Indian call centres, TT. Edited by salmonbuddie

Well I am now being bombarded by telephone calls by Asian people from Talk Talk trying deperately to talk me out of leaving.

At least someone cares deeply about me!

Not only are they calling me most days but they have written to me, not once, not twice but thrice (three times, I just wanted it to rhyme) and they have even threatened me with a disconnection fee (that I dont owe, I may be old but im really not that stupid).

Im actually quite annoyed by the way that this company operate, a very shady outfit indeed.

Plusnet did seem like a perfectly good option but alas I have thrown my lot in with BT. With the half price deal for the first 12 months and full price for the remaining 6 they would appear to be the cheapest option. If I am still alive in 18 months I fully intend to change to plusnet but as 18 months is a long time and with the economy in its current state, Plusnet may not be operating in 18 months. I hope they are.

Thank you to all my forum friends for lending a lttle bit of your time to advise me accordingly.

Now, I may want a new kettle, any ideas?

Edited by TediousTom