Seven Saints Psychopaths

Vambo57

• 8 months later...

Slash and Barney have already nominated my Number 1 psychopath - Chic Charnley.

However, for the older members, I'd also like to nominate Peter Kane. I once saw him bundle a goalkeeper over the line while holding the ball and the referee allowed the goal to stand. PK was a hero who made up for in effort, what he lacked in talent. Jim Blair provided the talent in that pairing.

As good hard tacklers go - add Cockles Wilson to the list, but he wasn't a psychopath that's for sure, neither was Jackie Copland.

Aber was, I remember Clelland - yes he might fit into the mould!

Now I can name a few in the rugby world however that were real psychopaths..............................................................

Certainly not one I'd know, but any player with a nickname 'Killer' deserves to be up there!

Davie Lindsay is talked about on the 'Marching In' video by Alex Linwood. He says that in the pre-match warm up the opposition right half would often ask 'Is Lindsay playing?' And it wouldn't be the first player who decided he had an injury and couldn't play that day!!

Mark Fulton , Neil Cooper and John McCormack would have played in the same team , doing what McAusland , Mair and Goodwin do now , I know which of players I would have liked beside me when the going got tough.

Agree with you Griff but sadly players are not allowed to tackle these days