Internet Explorer - Not Working

TediousTom

Dear fellow forum users. I am concious that I seem to be the only computer illiterate forum member as I am the only one to start new topics asking questions that the rest of you forum users already know.

My latest computing issue is my internet explorer. Basically it is not working and I don't know what to do. When I open it up I get a wee box saying that internet explorer isn't working and windows are checking for a solution to the problem and like a programme on Dave I always get the same ending "Internet explorer has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I am currently online only because I downloaded google chrome at some point in my past.

Anyway as I cant even open the bloody programme, how do I fix it?

sometimes I will try reconnect to my router, if it's a wireless connection click on your icon and disconnect and then try re connecting, sometimes it can be a problem with the router. Also have you deleted your cookie cache?

As you are using Chrome at the moment, log on and search using the error message and see what results appear, usually a list of problem fixes will appear.

Also if possible, check with your provider incase they know of any issues

Hope this is helpful

I've just typed in 'internet explorer has stopped working' into google, lots of options now appearing. Select the internet version that you are using and then try find a soultion

Thanks for your help with this. I followed a youtube video and I have re-set the internet settings and its all working now.

A useful tip for other internet users is to have two browsers on your desktop. Had I not had Google chrome it would have been a right pain in my pile ridden bum.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Thanks for your help with this. I followed a youtube video and I have re-set the internet settings and its all working now.

A useful tip for other internet users is to have two browsers on your desktop. Had I not had Google chrome it would have been a right pain in my pile ridden bum.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

I'm glad, no, overjoyed, that you are back with us, although your years may be numbered, I hope they continue to be provide us with your knowledge and wisdom.

Oh, and the odd post with too many words. thumbup2.gif