Mobile Site - Input Issue

Drew

I'm encountering difficulties replying to topics on my mobile.

When I hit the reply button, my typing keyboard pops up and covers the text box, so I can't see what I'm typing. I tend to make errors in my typing at the best of times, so this isn't helping. This is a new issue with the site, and P&B works fine.

Any suggestions?

Ta much.

I'm using android jellybean and its the same. I only noticed it after I updated to jellybean. As I write this I've noticed I can scroll the page without closing the keyboard but when I click a point in the text entry box to edit a word it jumps to the top of the page while I'm still in text entry mode.

Ive noticed a few problems with jellybean which happen regardless of browser so could be an android issue.

ETA I view the full site on my mobile.

Edited by slapsalmon

What about them ? unsure.png

When I select a thread a bar comes up telling me it's loading.When I have read thread and return to main menu the bar is still there.After reading 3 or 4 threads you can't see the main menu.I'm not the first to mention this problem. Edited by HSS

When I select a thread a bar comes up telling me it's loading.When I have read thread and return to main menu the bar is still there.

Yes I can recreate that, it seems to be a bug when you use the "Back" button.

I will log a support ticket about that.

Meanwhille if you can use the buttons at the top of the page to go back to the topic index that seems to eliminate the issue.

Thanks for reporting !

Hi Drew, do you mean a new issue as in it wasn't happening last week ?
Replying using iPhone test, reply box is above the keyboard for me. What phone are you using Drew ?

Hi Div - thanks for the response (I haven't read the other posts on the thread yet).

I'm using an HTC One S with the pre-packed browser.

Cheers

ETA - the issue seems new as of this morning

Edited by Drew

I use an Android phone and often find this problem with mobile sites. Sometimes it's fine but generally speaking you can't see what you're typing, forcing you to close the keyboard periodically to check.
I'm using android jellybean and its the same. I only noticed it after I updated to jellybean. As I write this I've noticed I can scroll the page without closing the keyboard but when I click a point in the text entry box to edit a word it jumps to the top of the page while I'm still in text entry mode.

Ive noticed a few problems with jellybean which happen regardless of browser so could be an android issue.

ETA I view the full site on my mobile.

Aye, I reckon it is an Android issue. I think my web browswer might have been updated either last night or this morning, so this might be at the root of the problem.

I thought this site and P&B used the same platform (not sure what the technical terminology is), so assumed I'd have a similar issue with the latter, but it seems okay.

Aye, I reckon it is an Android issue. I think my web browswer might have been updated either last night or this morning, so this might be at the root of the problem.

I thought this site and P&B used the same platform (not sure what the technical terminology is), so assumed I'd have a similar issue with the latter, but it seems okay.

I'm on Android 4.2 using chrome and I can't get this fault. It did happen on older Android phone so it is down to browsers.

I've noticed that this issue seems to be restricted to using the fast reply option. If I use the standard reply option, it seems to display the text box above the keyboard.

On the browser question, I tried Chrome on my mobile, but actually prefer the stock browser. It seems to run faster, with less lag, and has a few features that significantly improve upon the old Andriod browser.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I can recreate that, it seems to be a bug when you use the "Back" button.

I will log a support ticket about that.

Meanwhille if you can use the buttons at the top of the page to go back to the topic index that seems to eliminate the issue.

Thanks for reporting !

Just been over at P&B for the 1st time since you've changed the lay out.Guess what?Loading bar problems!