Esmaël Gonçalves

Today I was working at the stadium and go landed in the panda suit with my college in the junior panda suit at a primary school in Johnstone. Esmael was there along with Goodwin , mcausland Danny Lennon & Stevie Thompson.

Esmael's English was very basic, I did here him ask our sports scientist if he could be taking to get a contract mobile phone lol... He was asked by a Danny in front of the school pupils , teachers & press what qualitys does he think he can bring to st mirren , he replied " he craves hunger for goals and can't wait to play in the st mirren shirt " .

All the best.

Must be some size of panda suit to fit your college!!

The pic in the paper has his name on the back of his top as ISMA.

He needs to start. Our record against them under Danny is utterly embarrassing. If we stick him on the bench and the game follows the usual script - what will be the point in throwing him on at 2 or 3-0? No pressure son - your team-mates heads are down, Celtic are rampant... so on you go. Sod that. Let him start - when it's 0-0 with everything to play for. It'll give them something to at least think about, he's unknown to them (and us to be fair). Still, we are so utterly predictable against Celtic that Goncalves will at least make Neil Lennon have to think about it.

Start with Goncalves, he has no baggage of suffering heavy defeats without a goal in response against this mob. If we still go 2 or 3 down with him in the starting line up? So what? Same as before - we have nothing to lose here.

Thompson & Goncalves to start. IMHO.

Edited by pozbaird

ohhh speedy speedy, speedie speedie speedie goncalves . ohhhh speedy speedy...get into this mob we can do it saints...

Speedy ?

Reminds me of Stevie Watson from the 90's, him of the red face.

Edited by shull

I thought the performance by Goncalves was outstanding! Even more unbelievable when the fact that he arrived in Paisley on Thursday, knows little of his fellow team-mates and speaks little or no English. His willingness to run himself into a state of exhaustion for the cause was a joy to watch. Then when I heard on the radio that he had asked for all DVDs of Adam Matthews to plan how to beat him......!!

I believe he will link well with Newton and others and provide welcome relief for Thommo in his lone striker role.

Isn't it great to be a Buddie?!?!

I thought he was excellent. Tired second half but that was to be expected - and even then he was still taking the man on.

For the first time since he arrived at the club, Steven Thompson might have found a worthy strike partner, even if it's coming off the left wing. I can't wait to see him up against weaker opposition.

saw a pic of him holding saints top on the bbc site

it had his name and no 77 on the back

surely he is not being a tit - idiots like hooper wear 88

he can wear 77 next season when he becomes a Saints legand scoring the winner on Sunday - bagging 15 goals in the 2nd half of the season and then letting us sign him in Aug before punting him on for 10million in the next Jan transfer windon

no 15 or 28 are both available - then if he is gah - no one next season will be saying our no 28 was good last year .... what was his name again?

I am both a tit and an idiot - isma can wear what ever number he wants!