Esmaël Gonçalves

Isma deserves all the praise he's had - can't recall a loan player for us making as big an impact in such a short space of time. Lets get behind him and who knows, a good end to the season, a cup(s) winners medal and maybe he might fancy another season in the stripes. Doesn't seem to have settled at his previous clubs for whatever reason but tbh its probably wishful thinking....

Don't be so pessimistic. :)

Many things will contribute to his decision-making.

The fans will be 100% behind him and the team; Paisley night-life; there's the weather...

:(

If his only future kick of the ball for St Mirren is scoring the winner in the League Cup Final that will do me.

If we go on to win either cup he'll be a hero in my eyes as his goals played a vital part in getting us there. In fact, I'd suggest that without the signing of Isma, our season would currently be over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's fitba players

we need, not athletes.

shuriken.gif

Anyway thumbup2.gif ;

@IsmaGoncalves tells Liam McLeod he'd be willing to come back to St Mirren next season if he is sent out on loan again. #bbc #stmirren

Edited by Murray7

Would love him to add a Scottish cup winners medal to his collection.

Money talks....But I can see him staying.....£500,000 now for anyone looks a bit steep....He should be better next season and the real transfer money is in the EPL....If I was his agent I could see him score 20 next season for us and at least a championship club paying the money....Ah well fingers crossed.

Money talks....But I can see him staying.....£500,000 now for anyone looks a bit steep....He should be better next season and the real transfer money is in the EPL....If I was his agent I could see him score 20 next season for us and at least a championship club paying the money....Ah well fingers crossed.

Could see him going to Darkheid, lets face it he could play the Samaras role for them but only better and add 20 goals a season without too much trouble.

Isma will come back to Paisley........

if only to pay maintenance for all the weans he may have fathered since joining us.

Wonder if there will be a baby boom around December in the Renfrewshire area in December.......

Paisley will be like Dunoon of the old days.:o Edited by HSS

Isma will come back to Paisley........

if only to pay maintenance for all the weans he may have fathered since joining us.

Wonder if there will be a baby boom around December in the Renfrewshire area in December.......

What a team we could have in twenty years.......whistling.gif

• 2 months later...

Just signed for a team in Greece, managed by Paulo Sergio.

Shame he isn't coming back here but wish him all the best!

The Greek champions so it seems - might see him in Champions League this season...

Perhaps he felt he needed a step down from Saints to really kick-start his career... ????