Esmaël Gonçalves

Only watched the first 2 mins of that clip, but from that was completely underwhelmed.

If you're going to show only 6 minutes of highlights from a player's career, you don't spend a third of that on a game where he did very very little.

Clearly they were saving the best for later, but if those two minutes are in his highlights I don't think we should start getting over-excited.

Wishing the guy all the best of course, but this ain't no Ronaldinho.

Still cannot understand why they put those bits in the first two minutes of his showreel.

I think if they're doing a re-edit they might have a few extra bits they can put in to replace the bit where he wins a throw in.

The guy just gets better and better!

Still cannot understand why they put those bits in the first two minutes of his showreel.

I think if they're doing a re-edit they might have a few extra bits they can put in to replace the bit where he wins a throw in.

The guy just gets better and better!

It's the quality of Danny Lennon's coaching wot done it.

I honestly feel a bit priveleged watching the guy playing for us after only three matches, a bit I suppose like Killie fans when the had Eremenko. There's something really special there that seems to say he's destined for far bigger things. He's a total joy to watch with ball at his feet and every time he picked it up today, you could hear folk in the ground rippling with excitement.

I promise you this, there are fans all over Scotland casting envious glances at us for the likes of Isma, Thommo, Teale and McGowan. It feels nice to be on the good end of the glances for once.

I honestly feel a bit priveleged watching the guy playing for us after only three matches, a bit I suppose like Killie fans when the had Eremenko. There's something really special there that seems to say he's destined for far bigger things. He's a total joy to watch with ball at his feet and every time he picked it up today, you could hear folk in the ground rippling with excitement.

I promise you this, there are fans all over Scotland casting envious glances at us for the likes of Isma, Thommo, Teale and McGowan. It feels nice to be on the good end of the glances for once.

100% spot on!

Every year, particularly around the January transfer window, we hear phrases like "we're one quality striker away from being a really good team".

Well, this year we've found that one quality striker, we are a really good team, and I can't wait to see what the next 4 months bring :D

Agreed- and it can only be good news for Thommo as well - at times he's had that many defenders marking him he's struggled to find space (and still managed to put a fair few away). I noticed at times today the Fakes had 3 men on Isma - the opposition can't afford to have 3 men on both of them all the time!

I was very impressed by his physicality on the ball today - it's nice to see a player who can hold the ball so well, he just seemed to shrug off any challenges and wasn't in the least bit flustered when surrounded.

Agreed- and it can only be good news for Thommo as well - at times he's had that many defenders marking him he's struggled to find space (and still managed to put a fair few away). I noticed at times today the Fakes had 3 men on Isma - the opposition can't afford to have 3 men on both of them all the time!

I was very impressed by his physicality on the ball today - it's nice to see a player who can hold the ball so well, he just seemed to shrug off any challenges and wasn't in the least bit flustered when surrounded.

I was very impressed with Thommo when put out wide in the second half. Just got on with his job like a true pro. Effective out there as well.

How did Danny find out about him? You would have thought with the qualities he has shown so far his agent would have landed him a loan spell in the championship?

You could already make a pretty good montage for him in those 3 outings alone. Good times!

So glad he is a buddie for another 16 weeks.

How did Danny find out about him? You would have thought with the qualities he has shown so far his agent would have landed him a loan spell in the championship?

You could already make a pretty good montage for him in those 3 outings alone. Good times!

SPY!!!!!

Esmael Goncalves

It was in the PDE – One of our back room staff not Tommy Craig is friends with a Scottish trainer at his club in Portugal

Esmael Goncalves could not hold down a first team place at his club in Portugal.

Edit - from the press

The player himself has become a fans’ favourite in record time and he did not attempt to hide his delight at the way he has been able to hit the ground running in Scottish football. “It has been an amazing start and I am so happy to be here,” said Goncalves.

“I didn’t expect to start so well because I hadn’t played a game for two months. I feel I can only get better and faster and it will take three weeks. The fans are crazy and I like them. I love playing in that kind of atmosphere.”

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Steven Craigan on Radio Scotland yesterday claimed there was no one in Scottish football since James McFadden that excited football fans. He quite clearly hasn't heard if Isma!

Esmael Goncalves

It was in the PDE One of our back room staff not Tommy Craig is friends with a Scottish trainer at his club in Portugal

Esmael Goncalves could not hold down a first team place at his club in Portugal.

Edit - from the press

The player himself has become a fans favourite in record time and he did not attempt to hide his delight at the way he has been able to hit the ground running in Scottish football. It has been an amazing start and I am so happy to be here, said Goncalves.

I didnt expect to start so well because I hadnt played a game for two months. I feel I can only get better and faster and it will take three weeks. The fans are crazy and I like them. I love playing in that kind of atmosphere.

he likes crazy........let's show him crazy!

His performance yesterday brought back memories of the day Marc Corcoran ripped Motherwell to bits in the Scottish Cup at Love Street a few years ago.

He was absolutely unstoppable for about 20 minutes, and really should have scored a couple more. The chances he missed were easier than the two he put away !

The second goal for me was the one that really excited me. Able to bring the ball down in the penalty box, surrounded by three defenders, hold them all off, control the ball and angle a perfect finish into the corner. There are very few players in the SPL that can do that sort of thing.

It's been the most exciting week we have had at the club since the millennium season IMO. It's been bloody fantastic thumbup2.gif

DL's tactics yesterday reminded me of Jock Stein's first game managing Celtic, which was against us at LS. We were part-time at the time and JS knew this and played big John Hughes thro' the middle in the 1st half with Stevie Chalmers on the wing. Hughes just ran and ran at us all thro' that half. "nd half, Hughes moved to the wing (nae subs in thae days), Chalmers into centre and they beat us 4-0. A bit different yesterday, I'll admit, but Isma on the wing 1st half and a switch with Thommo in the 2nd half worked for us.

What a fantastic player this lad is, watching the highlights back there, Saintees just couldn't deal with him at all in the second half.

He is too good for the SPL i feel, we won't see him in a St Mirren jersey beyond May I'm certain of that. We will just need to enjoy his presence for as long as he is with us :)

His performance yesterday brought back memories of the day Marc Corcoran ripped Motherwell to bits in the Scottish Cup at Love Street a few years ago.

He was absolutely unstoppable for about 20 minutes, and really should have scored a couple more. The chances he missed were easier than the two he put away !

The second goal for me was the one that really excited me. Able to bring the ball down in the penalty box, surrounded by three defenders, hold them all off, control the ball and angle a perfect finish into the corner. There are very few players in the SPL that can do that sort of thing.

It's been the most exciting week we have had at the club since the millennium season IMO. It's been bloody fantastic thumbup2.gif

I partially agree with this but Corcoran had that one good game and done very little else. Having seen Isma in 3 games, he started well enough in his first game, improved a bit in his second game and had a massive impact in his third game and now he's saying wait until I get properly match fit. I would be happy if he maintained the level of performance we saw yesterday, if he can consistently improve on that this could be a fantastic season for us.

One of our first team coaches Austin McPhee is the contact he is the one with long hair u see on a Saturday.

Austin MacPhee set up AMSoccerclub, training kids in soccer skills. A fellow ex-Forfar player, Ian Cathro, set up Box Soccer Training to do the same. Both wanted to turn kids out to play in the same way as Barcelona. Cathro went to Dundee Utd, then SFA under Levein and Wotte, before being poached by Rio Ave in Portugal. I guess that Austin and Ian kept up a friendship and I'm sure Austin would have been instrumental in talking up Danny's belief in the same philosophy and style of play.

Here's hoping that SMFC's network can continue to pick up gems like Esmael!!

Only watched the first 2 mins of that clip, but from that was completely underwhelmed.

If you're going to show only 6 minutes of highlights from a player's career, you don't spend a third of that on a game where he did very very little.

Clearly they were saving the best for later, but if those two minutes are in his highlights I don't think we should start getting over-excited.

Wishing the guy all the best of course, but this ain't no Ronaldinho.

Always used to respect Bobby F,s opinion