Esmaël Gonçalves

Fantastic headed goal,and his overall play of controlling the ball , laying it off ,and moving into space is pretty good too, he does all the simple things well and has power and pace , looking forward to seeing more of him.

I can see a few clubs chasing him at the end of the season ,and his club getting a few bob for him ,which will be good for everyone ,especially us ,if he has a few matesthat want to come over on laon for a year next season.

Whilst , I have always enjoyed the chant " Good to , good to be , good to be a Buddie" , to be brutally honest , over the years , it hasn't always been good to be a Buddie. From the dark days of near extinction to more recent times like , That game , it has often been tough . .

Over the years , I often avoided looking at the newspapers , particularly , on a Sunday morning . .

However , this morning was different . The one that caught my eye was the one in the Sunday Herald " Potuguese pest , is Paisley's best" . The article was great . Our team and in particular , Isma , got a glowing report . To be fair tho' , it has been great to read the papers about Saint Mirren for about a week now . I get text messages from non Saints friends saying things like "Great results" , others I meet at work are very congratulatory. .

Last Sunday was fantastic , not just because of the result but because of our fanastic support , that out sang a much bigger support , whom , nearly all f**ked off early because they were getting a drubbing. .

Long may it last . I have always been proud to be a Buddie but now it is bloody brilliant to be a Buddie. .

His performance yesterday brought back memories of the day Marc Corcoran ripped Motherwell to bits in the Scottish Cup at Love Street a few years ago.

He was absolutely unstoppable for about 20 minutes, and really should have scored a couple more. The chances he missed were easier than the two he put away !

The second goal for me was the one that really excited me. Able to bring the ball down in the penalty box, surrounded by three defenders, hold them all off, control the ball and angle a perfect finish into the corner. There are very few players in the SPL that can do that sort of thing.

It's been the most exciting week we have had at the club since the millennium season IMO. It's been bloody fantastic thumbup2.gif

There's only one I can think of. Esmaël Gonçalves

How did Danny find out about him? You would have thought with the qualities he has shown so far his agent would have landed him a loan spell in the championship?

You could already make a pretty good montage for him in those 3 outings alone. Good times!

So glad he is a buddie for another 16 weeks.

Good job he's got a lousy agent.whistling.gif

What a fantastic player this lad is, watching the highlights back there, Saintees just couldn't deal with him at all in the second half.

He is too good for the SPL i feel, we won't see him in a St Mirren jersey beyond May I'm certain of that. We will just need to enjoy his presence for as long as he is with us smile.png

As much as I don't want to. I have to agree sadly.

Edited by pod

Of course it's early days but the way that Esmael has started has been amazing. If he keeps it up you wonder what Saints can achieve this season. He seems to have so many strengths. If the opposition keep the ball away from his right foot he seems really good on his left and if it's in the air he's got great heading ability. Four goals in his first 3 games and thay have all been really different. Stretching out his right leg to deflect it in off the post against Celtic. The chest control before hammering in with his left against Inverness and the towering header and then the great strength and skill for his 2 goals against St. Johnstone. That's just his goals. There seems so much more about him. He links up play really well and is great at running with the ball such as a few times against St. Johnstone when he just ran away from the defenders and was unlucky not to score a couple more. He also seems unlucky not to have won a couple of penalties after his runs at defences. Hopefully he can keep on playing in this form but the great thing is that even if he was to be marked out of games or lose a bit of form there are so many other great attacking options for Saints at the moment. But the last week was a joy to see him ripping apart defences and individual defenders who have usually looked comfortable in the SPL.

Against Celtic last week ,I thought he was a big raw laddie ,that will try hard ,cause defences a few problems who got a break in getting his first goal ,and would do us a wee turn .

Against Inverness ,I appreciated how physical he was as a player he is , and thought we have found a hard working runner ,a bit like Gregory Tade , who we might manage to keep at the end of the season.

After the St Johnstone game ,I doubt very much if we will be able to keep him ,the man has power, pace , has been well coached ,has a good football brain and most importantly has goals in him.

He has a fantasic future in the game ,and there wil lbe no shortage of scouts watching him

I'll translate for the thickos......"the wino in Scotland at St Mirren".....not sure that works?

Naughty boy.................

It says, in Portuguese, "Welcome to Scotland and St. Mirren"

And edited to add what the reverse side of the banner should read

"e colá-la para as ovelhas"

Means "stick it to the sheep".

Edited by E=Mc2

Good to see isma doesn't find it as far fetched as some of us to have him here next season saints fan asked him on twitter if he would be here next season his reply was why not

Exactly isma why not a full season on loan might be of interest for rio ave and he's clearly enjoying his time here

That was me that asked him that on twitter, im currently working on him, just call me the negotiater. :)

JJ McG

Posted Today, 09:19 - Can we pay them up in installments? Free pies and beans should cover it.

For God's sake don't go over the top - all you are doing is adding inflation to the football marketplace - it's people like you that make players like Isma out of reach for the Saints! whistling.gif

Isma deserves all the praise he's had - can't recall a loan player for us making as big an impact in such a short space of time. Lets get behind him and who knows, a good end to the season, a cup(s) winners medal and maybe he might fancy another season in the stripes. Doesn't seem to have settled at his previous clubs for whatever reason but tbh its probably wishful thinking as if he continues to perform he'll have a host of clubs chasing him.

Just keep a couple of goals for the final Isma ..... can just see him one on one v Webster punk.gif