Danny Grainger

Grainger is training with the squad at their Manchester training base, with a view to him playing tomorrow and then signing. So why all the speculation that he's going elsewhere.

Hope they don't stop at Soutwaite services on the way back, no service station until Happendon....

It can't be ideal to bring in two to three players one week before league kick off there is no way our management would want to be is this situation. When the season ended Danny said they had a list of players names handed to Brian.( Paisley Express ) You really have to ask the question is the club backing the manager ? Or are wage demandsmore than we are willing to pay. Everyone will think we have money to splash with a cup win which might not be the case. There is no getting away from the fact this has been an extremely poor preseason on all fronts, even Danny has made his concerns public with on field activities.

Would imagine the team bus will leave for Stockport today with no Granger.

Possibly meeting the team in Stockport will be Newton and a striker on loan from Newcastle if not they will join during the week days away from the first game. The whole build up to the season has not been good and I'm sure Danny and Craig feel the same.

There's also the possibility that some of the players simply don't want to come to Saints or signed for other clubs.

As for Newton, I think if he's coming back it will be after the game on Tuesday as I expect him to play for Newcastle.

There's also the possibility that some of the players simply don't want to come to Saints or signed for other clubs.

As for Newton, I think if he's coming back it will be after the game on Tuesday as I expect him to play for Newcastle.

From what I hear Newton won't be back, bigger clubs interested in him.

Midfielder and striker hopefully coming though.

I think over last 5 years we have made changes to the club that have brought us forward. Ralston is top class we have a good enough wee stadium. All good for developing players for the future. What baffles me is why we can't keep players hasslebaink tesslar Sampson to name just a few. The same goes for signing players. I think It must just come down to the fact we don't pay enough for key players?.