Danny Grainger

Various websites list Richardson as a defensive midfielder.

Looks like a straight replacement for Newton allowing Goodwin to drop back into defence. Essentially a 2 for 1 signing.

Along with Grainger, these could well be key signings.

Indeed, the set play abilities of Granger with the left foot and Harkins with the right, *should* be fantastic signings... as long as Lennon allows them to hit the ball into the box (and not the stupid short free kicks he seems them to prefer). Thompson & McAusland (and Harkins on the end of Grainger set plays) could well be in for a glut of chances.

If we can add a forward then I think we have a pretty impressive squad.

The only problem is the manager, his assistant and their ridiculous tactics...

Is the Michael Richardson trial with a view to a loan or a permanent deal?

I'd guess loan.

He was injured for much of last season, yet Newcastle still gave him a new deal.

Very similar player to Newton. All action deep lying ginger midfielder.

I'm very pleased with this signing. There is no element of "what the f**k have we signed here then?" around this. He is a very very good performer at this level, he is a dangerous player AND he can f**king defend. He will be like all the decent elements of the johhny foreigner types we have had in recent seasons and is a level above the likes of Carey in that position.

Very good signing. Hope he does well for us and stays fit.

Edited by Reynard

Connor Newton was hooked after 45 minutes of his debut for not being up to scratch.

I think it's best to give guys more of a chance.

I don't think we need another midfield player unless it's one that can take players on and carry the ball with pace.

The boy is another neat and tidy player and we have plenty of those in our own youth team.

Newton is more imposing than the boy yesterday and that's just looking at him at first glance.

I rather we used our budget on forwards at the moment where we are really light

I don't think we need another midfield player unless it's one that can take players on and carry the ball with pace.

The boy is another neat and tidy player and we have plenty of those in our own youth team.

Newton is more imposing than the boy yesterday and that's just looking at him at first glance.

I rather we used our budget on forwards at the moment where we are really light

Anything that stops Goodwin from playing in midfield is ok by me!!

If we think we need a holding midfielder to allow Goodwin to move back then why did we keep Robertson. That's what he's meant to be doing! If we thought he wasn't good enough he should've been shipped and we could've then kept quality in the squad like Carey, imrie or guy! Barron is another one that baffles me, hopeless and always injured but yet kept on at the club ahead of others!

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm very pleased with this signing. There is no element of "what the f**k have we signed here then?" around this. He is a very very good performer at this level, he is a dangerous player AND he can f**king defend. He will be like all the decent elements of the johhny foreigner types we have had in recent seasons and is a level above the likes of Carey in that position.

Very good signing. Hope he does well for us and stays fit.[/quote

This plus I think he hits a decent free kick and has a long throw? Obviously we don't do long throws as we are Barca...