Danny Grainger

He's a far better left back than I thought we would get, in fact, from all the SPL free agents this season, the 2 guys I really thought would improve the squad were Harkins and Grainger, so all good on that front. Now we need a striker and a natural left winger to complete the squad. Although the defence has been poor so far, I actually have faith that it will sort itself out, the addition of Grainger is a huge plus, and the guys who are already there know each other well, so should be able to get it together

Indeed.

We need someone to provide the left back with a bit of protection.

Aye.

As things stand, we could - at a push - utilise Harkins or McGinn out there, but neither strike me as the most suited to that area.

FWIW, I think a player like Carey in front of Grainger could have worked very well. Ah well, not to be, but good to get Grainger on board.

Welcome to the best club in the world Danny!

Sadly, as good as he is, Adam Campbell is not the ginger geordie. PLaying for Newcastle vs Killie today.

ETA: forgot to say, it's michael richardson. Left sided midfielder

I told you who he is , Michael Richardson !unsure.png

Comment from Hearts fan on P&B regarding Grainger signing:

Grainger is a great signing for St Mirren.

You can rely on him to do a job every time he steps on the pitch, seems like a character in the dressing room and chips in with his fair share of goals/assists.

IF Grainger and Richardson are on board then a stiker is the last piece of the jigsaw.

Danny Lennon willl NOT be looking at centre half position as he has McGregor, Mair, McAusland, Goodwin and Barron. That's not including the "up and coming" stars. Whether the standard is as good as some would like the sheer numbers mean he cannot look at this as a priority.

On reflection, I actually think this is a tremendous signing.

I recall sitting behind the goal at SMP and watching this guy taking corners and shitting myself. His delivery is outstanding, and he has strength and pace to trouble every team in the top league.

Well done Danny and Brian Caldwell. This could be one of your best.

On reflection, I actually think this is a tremendous signing.

I recall sitting behind the goal at SMP and watching this guy taking corners and shitting myself. His delivery is outstanding, and he has strength and pace to trouble every team in the top league.

Well done Danny and Brian Caldwell. This could be one of your best.

Couldnt agree more between this and Harkins I think our club has done 2 great bits of business this summer