League Cup Final Saints V Hearts 17/3/13

davidg

I've been trying to get tickets for a bus,... ANY fukcin' bus, but, so far, to no avail. Looking as if I'm designated driver for the day!thumbdown.gif

Most pubs in Paisley will be running buses.You'll get sorted nearer the time.

Working in Edinburgh at the moment and site full of Jambos they really don't fancy it at all, to a man they're saying we will walk all over them.

Personally I'm not so sure it will be as easy for us as they are making out, McGlynn or whatever you call him is sticking with kids apparently they had 8 21 or under on Saturday and that's the way he is sticking.

It's anyone's final. 50/50. I think what is in our favour is we played a top side at Hampden already in the semi final, and didn't freeze. Far from it, we were composed and fully deserved to win.

What is in Hearts favour is that they will have a seige mentality, and will be mentally tough - out to show what they can do. Their manager will have them thinking it's them against the world, and they'll be up for it.

We need to be aggressive and attacking in outlook - just like the Celtic semi. We are NOT built to defend, we are better when we look to attack opponents and be confident in our ability.

It's anyone's final. 50/50. I think what is in our favour is we played a top side at Hampden already in the semi final, and didn't freeze. Far from it, we were composed and fully deserved to win.

What is in Hearts favour is that they will have a seige mentality, and will be mentally tough - out to show what they can do. Their manager will have them thinking it's them against the world, and they'll be up for it.

We need to be aggressive and attacking in outlook - just like the Celtic semi. We are NOT built to defend, we are better when we look to attack opponents and be confident in our ability.

If we win saltcoatsbuddie will say you told Danny what to do. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

If we win saltcoats saint will say you told Danny what to do. lol.gif

I would have no problem telling Danny what to do...

1. Know your best starting XI.

2. Play each player in their best position.

3. Don't make stupid substitutions.

That's it. The rest is Danny's responsibility. He's the well-paid football manager, I'm just a gobby supporter. However, I wish he'd get to grips with the three points I have just made.

I would have no problem telling Danny what to do...

1. Know your best starting XI.

2. Play each player in their best position.

3. Don't make stupid substitutions.

That's it. The rest is Danny's responsibility. He's the well-paid football manager, I'm just a gobby supporter. However, I wish he'd get to grips with the three points I have just made.

Yes, easy eh? whistling.gif

Yes, easy eh? whistling.gif

Indeed - those three things should be easy for any football manager on the planet. Those three things should be a given for anyone in that job.

I would never be so bold as to try and tell Danny anything in-depth about tactics or opponents, or who to sign - but surely to fcuk he has got to figure out those three things. I don't think he has - hence the pissing around with DVZ, Carey, and/or Barron on the left/right/left/right/do the hokey cokey, or playing Gowser anywhere but the middle, or playing scissors, rock, stone with Tommy Craig to decide where Dougie Imrie should play.

Edit: I've gone wildly off-topic. Sincere apologies to all and sundry.

Edited by pozbaird

Indeed - those three things should be easy for any football manager on the planet. Those three things should be a given for anyone in that job.

I would never be so bold as to try and tell Danny anything in-depth about tactics or opponents, or who to sign - but surely to fcuk he has got to figure out those three things. I don't think he has - hence the pissing around with DVZ, Carey, and/or Barron on the left/right/left/right/do the hokey cokey, or playing Gowser anywhere but the middle, or playing scissors, rock, stone with Tommy Craig to decide where Dougie Imrie should play.

why does sundry get a special mention ?

If that's all that was to be considered, aye, easy.

Well, so many variances involved outside the 3 simple steps you state.

The squad you have to choose from, injuries, form, the oppposition to name a few.

That's leaving out the so called experts from the supporters.

If it was that easy we'd all be super managers.

I'm afraid, if you ask any football manager, it's not.

Edited by faraway saint

apology accepted

Real men play scissors, paper, rock, lizard, Spock!

• Scissors cut paper
  • Paper covers rock
  • Rock crushes lizard
  • Lizard poisons Spock
  • Spock smashes (or melts) scissors
  • Scissors decapitate lizard
  • Lizard eats paper
  • Paper disproves Spock
  • Spock vaporizes rock
  • Rock crushes scissors

I am currently wearing my scissors, paper, rock, lizard, Spock T-shirt! online2long.gif

Jambos fans expecting a mauling from us, they have no faith in their Manager or their 21's team that appear to be playing

Very dangerous.

I would rather go into the match with us being underdogs.

We dinnae do being favourites very well.