League Cup Final Saints V Hearts 17/3/13

davidg

Saw the amount of tickets sold and I must admit I felt a bit of a panic. Phoned my sister in Glasgow to try and get my nephew to go into Paisley to get tickets. No need says she, I got your ticket this morning. What a girl! So flight booked, match ticket sorted and place to stay. Just wanted to say a massive thanks to the buddies on here for offers of help. I can honestly say I have never been this excited about a game in my life. Then the doubt creeps in, fog bound and can't get out, we are suddenly seen as favourites in some people's eyes and me no likey being favourites. I keep trying to remember it's a day at a time but it's hard to do when you're such a big wean!

See DL just given the Hearts team talk, todays Sun "newspaper" (ps one of my colleagues!) If I was Gary Locke I'd be pinning what DL said on the wall.

Unbelievable at times.

Care to explain? (See below)

DANNY LENNON claims managers should think twice about becoming Hearts boss.

John McGlynn got the chop after the Jambos lost 2-0 to Lennon’s St Mirren on Wednesday.

And the Buddies manager reckons the Gorgie hotseat won’t be worth the hassle until the Tynecastle club change hands.

But despite his reservations about working under Vladimir Romanov, he still feels sorry for the axed McGlynn.

Lennon — celebrating a club deal with Infiniti cars of Braehead — said: “It is always disappointing to see a fellow colleague go, but nothing surprises me, especially after the previous years of what has happened in Edinburgh.

“They had a bit of success last season with Paulo Sergio winning them the Scottish Cup.

“Again they had a perfectly good manager in place there.

“It’s one of those jobs that, until you get your feet under the door, you don’t know what you’re letting yourself in for.

“People say we are daft to take on a job like that, but that is what we do. We want to give something back to the game because we love it to bits. But you have to do your research going into a job because sometimes it can do you more harm than good.

“Over the club’s history and the amount of managers the club has gone through, a future employee has got to go in there and do their homework.

“At the same token, I can understand John because he is a Hearts man through and through. I can understand him wanting that opportunity.

“But I don’t think it is football matters which have to be sorted out there.

“What has to happen is they have to get their house in order.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4818452/Jambos-job-isnt-worth-it.html#ixzz2MI1lB2XJ

Edited by faraway saint