League Cup Final Saints V Hearts 17/3/13

davidg

A Buddies Dream

East versus West, there’s a tale to be told,

And 16,000 Saints fans, will watch it unfold.

On Sunday, March 17th, The day of a Saint,

We’ll be heading for Hampden, with scarfs and war paint.

As that day draws near, anticipation will grow,

We’ll all look forward, to a glorious show.

And when it arrives, I hope we can say,

It’s been a truly, magical and magnificent day.

As the Saints on the park all played their parts,

In ultimately defeating, the Midlothian Hearts.

Back they’ll all travel, beaten, of course

Returned to their chippies with their salt’nsauce

While we celebrate, Saint Mirren on the podium,

With chips and the help of, acetic acid and sodium

A day to remember, a night of deep joy

When the dreams of Buddies, be it girl, or boy,

Became a reality and the Saints team walked up,

To be presented with the trophy, the Scottish league cup.

Edited by stlucifer

The differences in the run up to this final compared to 3 years ago are incredible. Not only have we sold 50% more tickets than last time, the buzz, spirit and noticeable St Mirren presence around the town is just wonderful to see. Saturday was the first time I'd been in Paisley in around a month and there were loads of banners around the town, good luck messages in windows, etc. Unrecognisable and certainly something I've never really seen before, which in the 20-odd years of being a Buddie is quite something. As much as it is warming, it's a wee bit saddening there wasn't this level of support when we played the former Rangers Football Club plc purely because our town is overrun with their support. There's a different energy about the place, a positivity that has been lacking for far too long.

Sunday can't come quick enough. I'm getting butterflies every time I think about the teams walking out at Hampden.

Guid yin Buddieup !

It's no butterflies i get when i think about Sunday.

It's tears flowing. I'm gonnae be a wreck by the time kick off comes.

I better take my spray with me, just in case.

Good to know the relationship between saints and nufc is growing. Gutted that there's a fixture clash with a Newcastle game on Sunday. Would've had a few more toon saints up there otherwise. Hope Dummy and Newton come away with winers medals.

Had a nightmare last night - 0-0 at half-time but I couldn't see the pitch - was in a queue to get a hotdog when I found out it was 5-0 to hearts and we were down to 6 men (yes I know).

Hopefully it's a good sign - whenever I dream we win we lose.

Now feeling sick when I think about the game.

Somebody hold me....

The differences in the run up to this final compared to 3 years ago are incredible. Not only have we sold 50% more tickets than last time, the buzz, spirit and noticeable St Mirren presence around the town is just wonderful to see. Saturday was the first time I'd been in Paisley in around a month and there were loads of banners around the town, good luck messages in windows, etc. Unrecognisable and certainly something I've never really seen before, which in the 20-odd years of being a Buddie is quite something. As much as it is warming, it's a wee bit saddening there wasn't this level of support when we played the former Rangers Football Club plc purely because our town is overrun with their support. There's a different energy about the place, a positivity that has been lacking for far too long.

Sunday can't come quick enough. I'm getting butterflies every time I think about the teams walking out at Hampden.

You make me homesick.

C O M E O N Y E S A I N T S

Does anyone know of the best way to watch the final online from overseas....?

'gutted' to be missing the game is a huge understatement - but being able to watch it from the US will help if i can, bbc website text commentary just doesnt cut it and cant get bbc....any sites anyone else overseas uses?

my brother in portland oregon watches the live games on bbc, i'll email him and ask for you

Cannae sleep again...will be knackered by Sunday at this rate.

Win it for the kids who’ve never seen a Cup win
Win it for the auld yins who might not see another
Win it for those no longer here who’ll be watching with us
Win it for those who travelled home in silence from the last final
Money, Wilson, Hamilton, Cooper, Winnie, Ferguson, Lambert,

Abercrombie, Hamilton, McDowall, McGarvey.

I’ll remember those names till I’m gone.

Win it for yourselves and create the same memories.