League Cup Final Saints V Hearts 17/3/13

davidg

Away to Wigan with Newcastle tomorrow but COYS. May all you buddies have a great day and I hope saints bring that cup back to Paisley for you. I'm sure they will.

Went there last year for the big game. Left at 3-0

Hopefully it's a different story this time round.

COYS

Toon Toon

Can't wait for tomorrow to come.

Was down at the ground earlier and the place was busy with peeps buying merchandise. Everyone had big smiles on their faces. Loads of families with several generations all excited about tomorrow and wanting to tap into this fantastic feel good factor that has been at the club and in the town in the last week or so. It's great!. There really is real air of excitement about this one and I desperately hope the team deliver on the day and lift the cup.

I think the players and manager are witnessing first hand with the visits to school's, the signing session, the videos being made, the banners being made, Facebook and Twitter antics just how much this means to everyone that have st Mirren at heart and even the whole of the Paisley and the surrounding area.

These guys have seen the images in the new stadium and the legendary status that the cup winning teams of 1926, 1959 and 1987 are held by our great club and its supporters. This current team could win this cup, possibly the only thing they may win in their careers, and if they returned to St Mirren Park in 25 years time they woukd be treated like gods.

Like other posters have mentioned, we have all invested so much time, energy and emotion into following our great club and I really hope we win. Many people like myself with have dad's, uncles and grandfathers that used to take them to games who are no longer with us and it really gets the eyes welling up when you think of them and thr raw emotions that will come flooding to the forefront of your thoughts if we win tomorrow.

I will be thinking of late dad at tomorrows game and how glad and proud I am that he took me watch St Mirren like his father did before him.

Please go out there, do your best and hopefully the cup will be brought back to Paisley and new legends will done the walls of St Mirren Park for generations to come.

Edited by Mr Zo

Its been 5 years since I left scotland having seen a saints win, all of those times since: the long train journeys thinking of what went wrong and what could have been, the stick I get from people down here, the cost of getting to a game, will all be long forgotten if we win tomorrow, and if we dont, I dont care, it will be worth it to see my team in a national final, Im going for 3-1 saints, WE ARE THE BUDDIES!!!!!

Edited by Scook

I don't know any of you personally but have the time of your lives tomorrow Buds. I'll never have been prouder when I see Thommo, Cheesy and co walk out at Hampden tomorrow. I hope this is the greatest day for our beloved football club.

Edited by Sunny Saint

Can't wait for tomorrow to come.

Was down at the ground earlier and the place was busy with peeps buying merchandise.

Everyone had big smiles on their faces. Loads of families with several generations all excited about tomorrow and wanting to tap into this fantastic feel good factor that has been at the

club and in the town in the last week or so. It's great!. There really is real air of excitement about this one and I desperately hope the team deliver on the day and lift the cup.

I think the players and manager are witnessing first hand with the visits to school's, the signing session, the videos being made, the banners

being made, Facebook and Twitter antics just how much this means to everyone that have st Mirren at heart and even the whole of the Paisley and the surrounding area.

These guys have seen the images in the new stadium and the legendary status that the cup winning teams of 1926, 1959 and 1987 are held

by our great club and its supporters. This current team could win this cup, possibly the only thing they may win in their careers, and if they returned to St Mirren Park in 25 years time they woukd be treated like gods.

Like other posters have mentioned, we have all invested so much time, energy and emotion into

following our great club and I really hope we win. Many people like myself with have dad's, uncles and grandfathers that used to take them to games who are no longer with us and it really gets the eyes welling up when you think of them

and thr raw emotions that will come flooding to the forefront of your thoughts if we win tomorrow.

I will be thinking of late dad at tomorrows game

and how glad and proud I am that he took me watch St Mirren like his father did before him.

Please go out there, do your best and hopefully the cup will be brought back to Paisley and new

legends will done the walls of St Mirren Park for generations to come.

Great post, sir. The best thing about supporting St Mirren is making friends with guys like Mr Zo. We are the good guys. Let's win it Saints!!!

Okay.... so my missus is still sleeping and there is no one to pinch me. Can someone confirm that this is indeed the day the long wait finally comes to an end, because that is what I'm feeling and I'm pretty sure I'm awake now.

Let's make this a day to remember folks. We're asking our club to make us proud, and it is our job to make the club proud of us in return. I know we will get behind the players, and I'm expecting my heart to be close to bursting when I look around me and soak it in at 2.50pm this afternoon.

Whether we are due the win or not, is perhaps up for debate, but something is 100% clear - we are due a right good day out. The last final is remembered for all the wrong, gut wrenching reasons, but we already know today will be different.

Personally, I believe we are going to win this. Today is our day. We'll be thinking of everyone who couldn't be there today when big Jim lifts that cup aloft, but the tears will be happy tears.

Time to make history friends.

LET'S DO THIS!

COYS!!!!

At last, the day to make history has arrived. It seems such a long time since the semi. Just a little more than 6 hours 'till kick-off, and becoming more nervous each minute. Hopefully the team will be more calm than I am.

Good wishes to all who make it to the match. Many of us who can't be there will be with you in spirit, and anxiously sniffing out news from many sources. Sunshine or rain, I wish you all a great day.

C O M E O N Y E S A I N T S

Edited by Qarsaan

More nervous today than ever been before as level of expectations is high, if then play hope be enough but as long as put effort in will applaud at end

3major finally been to first felt we were favourites which where nerves from

Regardless what happens today will be buddies for life

As someone more famous once said

Would love it just love if we could do it

Coys believe