League Cup Final Saints V Hearts 17/3/13

davidg

Disco Dave - I was with you in 87, and it was great to see you again this time. I know Toronto's a long way away, but for a man called Disco Dave, you went to bed hell of an early. I, on the other hand, know my limits, and then I accelerate way past them - until 2.30 in Vienna's on this occasion. And so ended one of the greatest days of all time.

The party continues in South London (well this part anyway), and will continue for weeks/months to come.

See you next time Bud. Cheers.

Yes your saintliness,,

My disco days are over for this year. The thought of suffering the same fate the next day as I did in 87 only added to my early retirement on Sunday night. Still a great weekend!! Hopefully we won't need to wait 26 years for the next one!!

Next time.....

Edited by discodave

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, (too much stuff to read), but did anyone else realise at the time that Sir Thommo of St Mirrens goal on Sunday was scored at almost the same spot as Fergies in 87 (and with his left foot too)? I bet that's what he imagined / dreamt he would do during the game.

Just finished watching the Sportscene highlights show again :-)

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, (too much stuff to read), but did anyone else realise at the time that Sir Thommo of St Mirrens goal on Sunday was scored at almost the same spot as Fergies in 87 (and with his left foot too)? I bet that's what he imagined / dreamt he would do during the game.

Just finished watching the Sportscene highlights show again :-)

Part-timer! lol.gif

Edited by sally02

Well that's me back on the rock after an unbelieveable few days. Could not believe when I took my seat to discover it was the exact same spot as the 87 cup final. I thought this felt better all round. Again a huge thanks to the offers of help on here.

Went back to work today and really struggled to concentrate, I just kept going over the game again and again. Then someone would talk to me and I was kind of eh? What? All day! Got back to jersey to find they had left my luggage in gatwick which had the usual square slice fruit pudding black pudding etc. I feared the worst but got my case later last night and all contents ok. So it's cholesterol on a plate for dinner tonight and then watch the game again.

I get the feeling that good times are ahead if we can play our way out of trouble then next season should see us challenging for more honours.

I wish I could find The right words to describe how I feel. What weekend!

This was our lot celebrating when the final whistle went in the final.

Not seen Reading Saint for a while. I'm sure you had a belter of a day Mr Egan.

Edited by shull

These two clips above are brilliant. Very different, but each brilliant in their own way.

The smooth professional editing of the BBC with some stunning background music. The sheer delight and unbridled joy on the phone clip magnified by the jolts and jumps after the whistle goes.

Loved them both.