Steven Thompson

This man, player, supporter has had many accolades but today, as if we needed any further proof, showed he is a true St Mirren great.

These comments are thrown around very easily but what this man brings to St Mirren cannot be measured.

Heard that Owen Coyle said he’s THE best signing he ever made.

Maybe Danny Lennon got lucky with him but one thing we cannot deny, a signing that is certainly one of our best and if anyone deserves a winner’s medal in March, and maybe May, this man does.

If he reads this, a wee invite to hospitality would be appreciated. whistling.gif

check out the sportsound podcast for thommo talking about what it meant for him to score and run towards the saints fans today. one of the best moments of his career! Magical...he is just living the dream that we all have, and loving it.

Also you get to hear, Teale crying along with Gilmour and wee Chick..pretty emotional.

Edited by NeilPar72

I love the fact he is St.Mirren fan and that he came here BECAUSE HE WANTED TO! You can see how much he is enjoying playing his football for us, he is absolutely loving it and I'm loving watching the guy. He has been FAR better than I ever thought he would turn out to be. One of the very best cetre forwards our club has ever had. He is right up there with the best of them.

This man, player, supporter has had many accolades but today, as if we needed any further proof, showed he is a true St Mirren great.

These comments are thrown around very easily but what this man brings to St Mirren cannot be measured.

Heard that Owen Coyle said he’s THE best signing he ever made.

Maybe Danny Lennon got lucky with him but one thing we cannot deny, a signing that is certainly one of our best and if anyone deserves a winner’s medal in March, and maybe May, this man does.

If he reads this, a wee invite to hospitality would be appreciated. whistling.gif

I couldn't agree with you more. Big Thompson did a brilliant article in the papers last week in the build up to todays game and it really came through that he's a supporter of the club as well as a player. I was delighted to see him get a goal today and such a good goal at that. The still photo's of him reeling away to celebrate show what it means to him, just take a look at his face, it's an awesome image of him !

He did such a good job today and it would be great to see him winning something and writing his name into a legends team ! Go on Thommo enjoy it !

A complete and utter legend and an inspiration to Saints fans (and football fans in general) all over this land. In this day of over paid over inflated ego's he is the breath of fresh air football requires and I truly hope to see him lift the cup high for the team he loves on March 17th - a fitting tribute to a true SMFC great.

A complete and utter legend and an inspiration to Saints fans (and football fans in general) all over this land. In this day of over paid over inflated ego's he is the breath of fresh air football requires and I truly hope to see him lift the cup high for the team he loves on March 17th - a fitting tribute to a true SMFC great.

This is Destiny......written in the stars