Steven Thompson

How many goals is that he's scored for Saints? 29 or 30 or something? In about 60 games? That's a helluva goal-to-game ratio and probably the best since the days of Somner-McDougall-McAvennie. Legend! thumbup2.gif

SPL: 58 (1) appearances, 25 goals. Scottish Cup: 4 appearances, 1 goal. League Cup: 6 (1) appearances, 4 goals. TOTAL: 68 (2) apps, 30 goals.

Pretty fecking good if you ask me.

How many goals is that he's scored for Saints? 29 or 30 or something? In about 60 games? That's a helluva goal-to-game ratio and probably the best since the days of Somner-McDougall-McAvennie. Legend! thumbup2.gif
SPL: 58 (1) appearances, 25 goals. Scottish Cup: 4 appearances, 1 goal. League Cup: 6 (1) appearances, 4 goals. TOTAL: 68 (2) apps, 30 goals.

Pretty fecking good if you ask me.

FFS, I hadn't realised it was as many as that - that's mightily impressive.

HAVE MY BABIES THOMMO!!!!!!

It seems fairly accurate and up to date, so according to this - http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Scottish_Premier_League_Top_Goalscorers.html - Thommo needs two more league goals to go joint-10th in the all-time SPL goalscorers chart; three to go joint-eighth; 13 to go seventh and 15 to go sixth along side Kenny Miller.

I notice that it is offered with the parental guidance:

"This contains some strong language".

That widnae be the Gaelic Sweery words, wid it?

I haven't watched - does Thommo talk about Rangers Sevco in it? That's most probably it.

Says he's having the best spell of his career, hopes to play at least 2 more years in the SPL with us. Working towards his 'A Licence' at the SFA and hopes to manage St Mirren one day :D

I made these two pictures from the bbc sportscene program, the quality isn't good as it was difficult to get it just right frame by frame, however you get the feeling of his emotions when he scored his goal and what it meant to him as he ran towards the saints fans at hampden.

post-4869-0-55896500-1360096489_thumb.jp

post-4869-0-64482900-1360096503_thumb.jp

I notice that it is offered with the parental guidance: "This contains some strong language". That widnae be the Gaelic Sweery words, wid it?

I've wondered about Gaelic Sweary words since having a holiday in Connemara a few years back. It's a beautiful part of Ireland well out to the west and the further west you go.the more you realise that English really is very much the second language. In the local bar I always enjoyed listening to the men round the bar chatting purely in Irish Gaelic, or Erse, while downing their Guinness. I couldn't understand a word but every now and again I would hear 'f**k' or 'bugger' or 'c**t' cropping up. But what surprised me was when Jesus Christ was thrown in. It was clearly not a religious conversation and there is no doubt it was taking the Lord's name in vain. It made me wonder if a country like Eire being so devoutly religious could possibly not have a translation of the name in their language. Or maybe they thought that saying it in English wasn't a sin. I never asked. I was chatting to one of the barmen one night and he said that when he started primary school he was already pretty well bilingual but at school Irish Gaelic was pushed down their throats so much that by the time he left secondary school Gaelic was very much his first language and he was really rusty with his English. But I had to laugh when he told me that after leaving

school he spent four years in Scotland working in a bar. 'The locals soon had me speaking perfect English', he told me. I asked him where he spent his four years.'Greenock', he said. Bloody hell, can you believe it?

Connemara is well worth a visit. Beyond Galway there is a rugged barreness that personally I just loved. And the Guinness is definitely better out there.