Steven Thompson

attachicon.gifthom.jpgthe feeling of his emotions when he scored his goal and what it meant to him as he ran towards the saints fans at hampden.I thought he was going to burst out greetin

Aye , if Lee hadn't stopped him , he would have been in the stand getting swamped by fellow Buddies. .

It isn't easy to concieve, what it would be like as a fan scoring for you beloved team , at Hampden , against that mob, in front of a few thousand very partisan Saints fans and millions of viewers at home, in a semi-final. .but l'm thinking totally fantastic/ immeasurable/immence. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Aye , if Lee hadn't stopped him , he would have been in the stand getting swamped by fellow Buddies. .

It isn't easy to concieve, what it would be like as a fan scoring for you beloved team , at Hampden , against that mob, in front of a few thousand very partisan Saints fans and millions of viewers at home, in a semi-final. .but l'm thinking totally fantastic/ immeasurable/immence. .

ha his face sums up exactly what I was thinking at the time, brilliant picture Pick. Fantastic moment captured perfectly.

attachicon.gifthom.jpgthe feeling of his emotions when he scored his goal and what it meant to him as he ran towards the saints fans at hampden.I thought he was going to burst out greetin

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/stmirren

Those were the photos I was looking for, I noticed his expression when he scored and it was priceless I tried to capture it from sportscene, photos 24,25 and 26 in your semi final collection are excellent. thumbup2.gif Thanks

• 1 month later...

In terms of league goals, that's him above Torfason now, all scored in the top flight - truly we are living in the time of heroes.

I was celebrating on Sunday night and started my night shifts on Monday so this is the first time I've had a chance to come online and post.

So many great threads and posts I've been struggling to to think of what to say and where to say it but I eventually decided to revisit one of my old posts.

I'd like to expand my original post to the entire team, management, staff & BoD - ALL HEROES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJmZHRIzhY

Well I suppose the search for the next St. Mirren heroes begins now, as ever - COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Steven Thompson is a bona fide St Mirren legend. No doubts. Davie Lapsley, Tony Fitzpatrick, Billy Abercromby, Shuggie Murray, Steven Thompson - he's in that sort of company, that top bracket of absolute legends.

Surely no argument!

What a team that lot would be

A little prelude to oh when the saints.....

Big Thommo was our striker

he wore the badge with pride

And when we won the league cup

the tears you couldn't hide

He took the cup through Govan

for his old mates to see

He said we've won the league cup

and your in division three

Oh when the saints.....

Edited by Jumbo Whiffy

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/stmirren

A really fantastic photograph. The raw emotion on Steven Thompson's face says a lot about the man. Gowser's huge grin says it all and Conor Newton, who had probably hardly even heard of St.Mirren a couple of months back, can hardly get into the act quickly enough. Craig Thomson must be a Buddie on his granny's side. Not a hint of a smile. Bet Conor Newton had no idea his afternoon was about to get a whole lot better.

A really fantastic photograph. The raw emotion on Steven Thompson's face says a lot about the man. Gowser's huge grin says it all and Conor Newton, who had probably hardly even heard of St.Mirren a couple of months back, can hardly get into the act quickly enough. Craig Thomson must be a Buddie on his granny's side. Not a hint of a smile. Bet Conor Newton had no idea his afternoon was about to get a whole lot better.

In contrast, have a look at Scott Brown in the background.....laugh.png

A little prelude to oh when the saints.....

Big Thommo was our striker

he wore the badge with pride

And when we won the league cup

the tears you couldn't hide

He took the cup through Govan

for his old mates to see

He said we've won the league cup

and your in division three

Oh when the saints.....

clap.gif Brilliant! clap2.gif

• 3 months later...

Relayed the story on here at the time, met Thommo once, at Ralston to get photos signed for BuddieinEKs charity. The big man was brand new - very chatty and friendly, asked about the charity, how I was enjoying the season - class act. So was Danny Lennon, Darren McGregor and Craig Samson. Gary Teale was a bit quiet and seemed a bit more reserved - still very polite though. That meeting with Thommo gave me my signature text. Magic.