Steven Thompson

Interesting about the coaching badge. I'd like to think he'd go the assistant coach to manager route that Gus did. On the flip side, i'd hate for him to tarnish the god-like reputation he currently has. Given that most of our managers are hated by at least 50% of our fans, it might be best if he doesn't bother...

Interesting about the coaching badge. I'd like to think he'd go the assistant coach to manager route that Gus did. On the flip side, i'd hate for him to tarnish the god-like reputation he currently has. Given that most of our managers are hated by at least 50% of our fans, it might be best if he doesn't bother...

Fitzpatrick wasn't really hated by the fans and is still a legend. Steve Thompson is more articulate and thoughtfull no reason he would not be a success.

Steven Thompson will be St. Mirren manager within the next 12 months.

Personally, I'd give him the job now. Would save us from a few months of Lennon shite! :lol:

He'll be offered the job next season if we're doing shite and the board lose patience.

Hopefully that won't happen though as we'll be challenging Ross County and Inverness for the league title.

Personally, I'd give him the job now. Would save us from a few months of Lennon shite! lol.gif:

How you get your rocks off is your own business but much as I admire Steven I think all the talk of him stepping into Danny's shoes with zippo managerial experience is overly premature. It would be a hell of a risk. Player managers are usually rubbish. Let's have him as a great centre next season and see how we go.

Personally, I'd give him the job now. Would save us from a few months of Lennon shite! :lol:

Total lack of respect for the manager who won us the league cup and has taken our club to heart. Can't understand our support sometimes!

Total lack of respect for the manager who won us the league cup and has taken our club to heart. Can't understand our support sometimes!

ID does talk some pish , but when he alludes to the Hawk being the next boss then he's probably correct. DL must beware of the Alec Smith effect , if he doesn't get it right this season and we struggle I can see player(s) stepping into the management roles pdq !

It's an alias account of Lex, resident troll.

I've never had an alias account in my life, as mods will be able to confirm with an IP check. Unless you have proof to back up your outlandish accusations - which i know you don't - do us all a favour and keep them to yourself.

I've never had an alias account in my life, as mods will be able to confirm with an IP check. Unless you have proof to back up your outlandish accusations - which i know you don't - do us all a favour and keep them to yourself.

It's not even remotely difficult to change your IP address these days.

Yourself/St Sid/Captain Sensible are all remarkably poor trolls, but fair play for persisting with it.

It's not even remotely difficult to change your IP address these days.

Yourself/St Sid/Captain Sensible are all remarkably poor trolls, but fair play for persisting with it.

No proof then? I await the retraction of your accusation.

I would comment on your posting style, but sadly i have absolutely no idea who you are. Carry on.

No proof then? I await the retraction of your accusation.

I would comment on your posting style, but sadly i have absolutely no idea who you are. Carry on.

I don't believe you have other aliases, although nothing is impossible.

As you say, it's the style that gives these twats away, no matter what they call themselves.

Player managers are usually rubbish.

This is true, but players hanging up their boots and taking on managerial roles has historically had a better success rate. Pep Guardiola springs immediately to mind.

This is true, but players hanging up their boots and taking on managerial roles has historically had a better success rate. Pep Guardiola springs immediately to mind.

It really was only player/managers I meant. Steven's too good to lose as a player still so let's not get him sidetracked with a managerial role. Very few real top notch players seem to hack it in management. Sir Alex, Jock Stein, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger- all good managers but journeymen players. I'm sure some of the lads will now come up with a few top drawer ex players who made it but there aren't a whole lot. Another two good years out of Steven as a player would be fantastic.