Steven Thompson

Amazing that in less than 3 season Thompson cloud9.gif has moved up to 26th in our all-time scorers list.

http://stmirren.info/id406.html

Missed a penalty in his first game and hasn't taken one in regular play since IIRC so he could have been even higher!

Target has got to be a top 20 place. If he achieves that he would be ahead of AC Milans` Ricardo Gillies.

Btw, wouldn`t it be great if Thommo managed to get up alongside the Great Dougie Somner ?

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I agree don't sidetrack him just now with managerial duties, he's scored 16 goals this season, we need him fully focused on playing! His style and the fact he doesn't rely on pace means he could be scoring goals in the SPFL for 2 or 3 more years. His time will come in management and I've no doubt it will be with us. He is mr st mirren after all!

Edited by Big Yards

The guy has St.Mirren in his blood and hope we keep him for as long as he wants to stay and is capable of putting in a good shift- which he is still doing and who know what after that. And can the who come on and bitch & argue with each other just GROW UP!!!! FFS its like Rangers and Celtic fans having a go at each other- only worse as its supporters of the same club!

Listening to Thompson yesterday in his pre-match Alba section, he sounded like he was giving a managers assessment / evaluation as opposed to a players point of view.

I would say he is definitely trying to line himself up for a managers job , would it be at St Mirren ? Not necessarily , but I would not be disappointed with his ideas on how the game should be played.

Good players however , do not necessarily make good managers as we all know.

Who will be our next manager ? I have no idea , however I do look forward to the next chapter of our history .... I will be waiting for the current chapter to close as there is a great finish to this season in prospect :)

Listening to Thompson yesterday in his pre-match Alba section, he sounded like he was giving a managers assessment / evaluation as opposed to a players point of view.

I would say he is definitely trying to line himself up for a managers job , would it be at St Mirren ? Not necessarily , but I would not be disappointed with his ideas on how the game should be played.

Good players however , do not necessarily make good managers as we all know.

Who will be our next manager ? I have no idea , however I do look forward to the next chapter of our history .... I will be waiting for the current chapter to close as there is a great finish to this season in prospect :)

I thought exactly the same. He sounded very much like a manager talking, not one of the players, and seemed to be trying to show that side of him.

If our current holder of "hero status" Mr Thommohawk the greatness were to be interested in becoming the next manager of our beloved, dear, wonderful, gracious and gallus club then I wonder if he would be considered a front runner for the job?

Whilst I always worry when my most important of football club's moves for an inexperienced manager I must admit that Sir Thommo of the Hawk would instantly command my respect, patience and goodwill whilst injecting my old marrowless bones with a painkilling injection of optimism.

Would/will he be considered a front runner? (as asked above)

If (as seems to be widely accepted) Mr Daniel Lennon's bus ride home is paid for in advance, then is Sir Thommo the great being "lined up" for the job?

If Thommo the truly great was to apply for the job and be overlooked for a different human being would that different human being immediately be under negative scrutiny for beating the fans favourite to the godseat?

Who will Thommo the "tastic" seek to employ as his assistant?

What will be "Thommo's philosophy" and does it involve signing an extremely high number of first division players, releasing them, signing more and keeping a few, releasing more and changing the philosophy anyway with reckless abandonment?

Will Thommo the messiah be as great at football management as he is in everything else he does?

If our current holder of "hero status" Mr Thommohawk the greatness were to be interested in becoming the next manager of our beloved, dear, wonderful, gracious and gallus club then I wonder if he would be considered a front runner for the job?

Whilst I always worry when my most important of football club's moves for an inexperienced manager I must admit that Sir Thommo of the Hawk would instantly command my respect, patience and goodwill whilst injecting my old marrowless bones with a painkilling injection of optimism.

Would/will he be considered a front runner? (as asked above)

If (as seems to be widely accepted) Mr Daniel Lennon's bus ride home is paid for in advance, then is Sir Thommo the great being "lined up" for the job?

He's not the messiah, he's just a very good boy.

If Thommo the truly great was to apply for the job and be overlooked for a different human being would that different human being immediately be under negative scrutiny for beating the fans favourite to the godseat?

Who will Thommo the "tastic" seek to employ as his assistant?

What will be "Thommo's philosophy" and does it involve signing an extremely high number of first division players, releasing them, signing more and keeping a few, releasing more and changing the philosophy anyway with reckless abandonment?

Will Thommo the messiah be as great at football management as he is in everything else he does?

He's not the messiah. He will get pelters like every other manager. Their are too many people who just live to be critical of our managers. Edited by glenburn ed

He's not the messiah. He will get pelters like every other manager. Their are too many people who just live to be critical of our managers.

Bit Like Your Sorry Labour Party Ed ? Parasite Self Ennoblement For Labour Functionaries - What are You Like ? How are You doing Financially Eddie ? Near the front of the Expenses Cue Yet ? thumbdown.gif

He's not the messiah. He will get pelters like every other manager. Their are too many people who just live to be critical of our managers.

Do you mean that he will go from being the messiah to a very naughty boy?

Sadly you are correct. I recall a Mr Fitzpatrick of the clan tache gaining the godseat on two occasions with everyone that lived and breathed Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co wishing him every good fortune. I still wish that Tony that tache had worked out as manager!