Lovely Walk Today

slartibardfast

Went for a nice walk through Callendar Park in Falkirk today. Lovely - although not as lovely as in October 2012, when I took these pics...

attachicon.gifCallendar.jpg

Autumn is the best time of the year to take in the scenery.

We were away for a few days in Dunkeld a couple years ago, and the scenery was stunning. The range and depth of colour is incredible, and the air seems at its purist in Sept/Oct. If we are looking to book a few days away, it tends to be in Autumn or Spring (which is a great season for taking in the renewal all around).

Great pics, BTW.

Edited by Drew

Went for a walk today , from Inchinan to Braehead through Renfrew. The dogs we came across were better behaved than the smelly C**Ts who were standing outside The kind Man & Davidsons pubs in Renfrew town centre.

Renfrew, eh? Did a walking tour through it last week to get some photos. Walked all the way up to the airport and back too. Here's a couple of pics from my jaunt that day...

post-5834-0-79981400-1361140337_thumb.jp

Mind you.... if we're talking about walks and photos, then Paisley is a gem of a place, if you just look a bit deeper than the Poundshops... as we know from Sonny's brilliant exploits on here. I can humbly offer up a trip I made to Thomas Coats Memorial Church....

post-5834-0-39313900-1361141056_thumb.jp

Went for a walk today , from Inchinan to Braehead through Renfrew. The dogs we came across were better behaved than the smelly C**Ts who were standing outside The kind Man & Davidsons pubs in Renfrew town centre.

Worst 2 pubs in the town thumbdown.gif Noticed yesterday that they were plenty of dog shit on the pavement along Greenhill Rd and Underwood Rd.

Renfrew, eh? Did a walking tour through it last week to get some photos. Walked all the way up to the airport and back too. Here's a couple of pics from my jaunt that day...

attachicon.gifRenfrew.jpg

Ah, the swing bridge on the road to my place of birth and upbringing, Inchinnan. Now that brings back memories....

Sitting on the bus with my mum as we travelled through to the big smoke that was Paisley for a bit of shopping and, all going well, a wee treat in the Arnotts cafe (at least I think it was the Arnotts cafe that overlooked the Town Hallhuh.png ).

One abiding memory of the approach to the swing bridge was an infamous bit of graffiti daubed on a wall in Kirky:

Ethopa is Kirky - give us your money

Banksy was responsible for that, I believe.

Edited by Drew

Guest TPAFKATS

my wee dog enjoys his walks out off the lead, he can be trusted around other humans, he's not going to punch, kick, bite, stab or steal from another person and he's got the added bonus, his owners pick up his poo so that he can carry on enjoying his walks with a wee bit of freedom.

I had a couple of nice walks today - let the dog off the lead at appropriate times. Only spoiled by my daughter standing on shite left behind by other inconsiderate dog owner mad.gif

I had a couple of nice walks today - let the dog off the lead at appropriate times. Only spoiled by my daughter standing on shite left behind by other inconsiderate dog owner :angry:

FFS, its bad enough when it is the dog that leaves its shite behind!

I went for a paddle in my kayak across to Cumbrae yesterday - wish I had done it on Saturday instead :)

And well behaved dogs are a great source of enjoyment. I used to have two Border Collies (Sonny - on the left), and Bess) who could walk to heel down Byres Rd without getting involved with anyone or anything. They went everywhere with me and many said they would prefer me to visit with the dogs than have some relatives' kids visit. Collies really are exceptional dogs - incredibly obedient and easily trained.

Ah, the swing bridge on the road to my place of birth and upbringing, Inchinnan. Now that brings back memories....

Sitting on the bus with my mum as we travelled through to the big smoke that was Paisley for a bit of shopping and, all going well, a wee treat in the Arnotts cafe (at least I think it was the Arnotts cafe that overlooked the Town Hallhuh.png ).

One abiding memory of the approach to the swing bridge was an infamous bit of graffiti daubed on a wall in Kirky:

Ethopa is Kirky - give us your money

Banksy was responsible for that, I believe.

I've got a thing about the swing bridge too, Drew. My old Aunt Effie still lives in Beardmore Cottages in Inchinnan and my sister and I used to spend quite a bit of time there many years back. Had a ball playing up in the woods and jumping in and out of buses in the garage. Risked getting a kick in the ass for that.We used to walk away along to the swing bridge hoping to see it up but hardly ever did. The flower and garden show, in the primary school I think it was, was a must every year. Nothing like nostalgia. They should bring it back.

Guest somner9

I love the way the adverts that appear randomly seem to be brought about by the constant mention of certain words.

The advert at the bottom of my screen, whilst I'm typing this, shows a bloodhound and is trying to sell pet supplies.

Can we mention guns, and more guns. The kind of guns one would need if one needed a gun, either a big gun, or maybe only a wee gun, but a gun nevertheless.

When i typed this response to your "More Guns" post the advert at the bottom was a fat, loud-mouthed pipe fitter with a cross hair trained on him????

• 3 years later...

I love the way the adverts that appear randomly seem to be brought about by the constant mention of certain words.

The advert at the bottom of my screen, whilst I'm typing this, shows a bloodhound and is trying to sell pet supplies.

Can we mention guns, and more guns. The kind of guns one would need if one needed a gun, either a big gun, or maybe only a wee gun, but a gun nevertheless.

That's a clever dug!