Oldco/newco....nothing Changes

HSS

Ah but there is an interesting twist to this story. Because the match was in England those singing the sectarian songs may not have actually broken the law. I think it was on Radio 5 this afternoon when the story broke about the arrests and they spoke to the match commander who was from Sunderland. He said that what had happened was that as happens for every Rangers game some police officers from Strathclyde travelled to help the local police force. They reported the sectarian offences and the local police force used CCTV to capture the offence and then arrested the individuals. However the match commander was unsure if the arrests would stand up in court because the offence happened in England.

If Rangers are prepared to issue bans then I suppose that's half the job done but it's a shame that they might get off with it because it was just across the border in a country that doesn't usually have to deal with this kind of shite.

Ah but there is an interesting twist to this story. Because the match was in England those singing the sectarian songs may not have actually broken the law. I think it was on Radio 5 this afternoon when the story broke about the arrests and they spoke to the match commander who was from Sunderland. He said that what had happened was that as happens for every Rangers game some police officers from Strathclyde travelled to help the local police force. They reported the sectarian offences and the local police force used CCTV to capture the offence and then arrested the individuals. However the match commander was unsure if the arrests would stand up in court because the offence happened in England.

If Rangers are prepared to issue bans then I suppose that's half the job done but it's a shame that they might get off with it because it was just across the border in a country that doesn't usually have to deal with this kind of shite.

They have broken the law. Just not the Scottish Governments legislation regarding sectarian chants at football and other, As I'm sure you're well aware, this kind of unacceptable behaviour is and always have been covered by existing legislation e.g. Breach of the peace, offensive behaviour, incitement, racially offensive behaviour, If they get charged and handed over to the English authorities they will probably get a bigger punishment than they would here and they would deserve it.

They probably did think that they would get of because its in England, they should have taken legal advice first. lol.gif

To me this isnt about the law its about the fact that although it has been made clear that the club requires them to stop this nonesense they continue to do it. They clearly dont have the best interests of the club at heart and should be issued lifetime bans wether it stands up in court or not. The vast majority of our country has moved on from this 70,s style behaviour and if these dinosaurs cant then get them out of the picture.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...