One Of The Best Gigs Of The Year Tonight

The wonder of Music Drew smile.png Have seem them before great live. It's the Foals mate.

Ah yes. They are supposed to be good right enough. We're going to see Eels the day after the Cup Final. I'm looking forward to that, and will hopefully still be in celebration mode. We've booked to stay overnight in Glasgow, so the potential is there to extend the celebrations into Tuesdaythumbup2.gif

I can't see who this is about as my work firewall blocks access to the media posted, but I was wondering how you know that this is one of the best gigs of the year before it has actually taken placebangin.gif

There were a stack of wee lassies at this time yesterday thought they were going to the best gig of the year last night in London. A couple of them still think so.

Guest TPAFKATS

Ah yes. They are supposed to be good right enough. We're going to see Eels the day after the Cup Final. I'm looking forward to that, and will hopefully still be in celebration mode. We've booked to stay overnight in Glasgow, so the potential is there to extend the celebrations into Tuesdaythumbup2.gif

Me too thumbup2.gif

It certainly lived up to Lochwinnoch Saint's expectations. Absolutely fantastic gig.

Indeed it was , my daughter ended up at some club after the gig and got her photo taken with the Fools lead singer. As you can imagine she is as high as you can possibly get. Being an old git there was no way I was getting to a club strict orders from the daughter to piss off ! !

The support band were top notch also so much so I bought their double vinyl album which the singer signed.

Me too thumbup2.gif

Hold on to yours hats......

Saw the stranglers for the 14th time at O2 glasgow last saturday, excellent, 75 year old drummer and all. 1eye.gif

Saw them at The Garage in Aberdeen on Monday. Jet wasn’t on drums but they were still flippin’ magic. Baz Waren’s patter was excellent for one thing but the back catalogue they have to draw on is superb. Stuff I hadn’t heard in ages such as Toiler on the Sea, Midnight Summer Dream and – OH YES! – Down in the Sewer. Great gig indeed.

Tomorrow night in Glasgow you’re spoiled for choice. There’s My Bloody Valentine at the Barrowlands showcasing their first new album in over 20 years; Status Quo at the O2 Academy, the classic “Frantic Four” line-up playing Glasgow for the first time in over THIRTY years; and, sadly but boldly, the legendary Wilko Johnson at the ABC as he plays his farewell tour. To anyone going to any of these you should have a great time.

Tomorrow night in Glasgow you’re spoiled for choice. There’s My Bloody Valentine at the Barrowlands showcasing their first new album in over 20 years; Status Quo at the O2 Academy, the classic “Frantic Four” line-up playing Glasgow for the first time in over THIRTY years; and, sadly but boldly, the legendary Wilko Johnson at the ABC as he plays his farewell tour. To anyone going to any of these you should have a great time.

We tried to get tickets for Wilko's gig but they were sold out by the time I got my finger out a few weeks back. While I'm sad to be missing the great man's last hurrah, I'm delighted that he's getting a full house. Is sure to be an emotional night. Genuine legend.

We tried to get tickets for Wilko's gig but they were sold out by the time I got my finger out a few weeks back. While I'm sad to be missing the great man's last hurrah, I'm delighted that he's getting a full house. Is sure to be an emotional night. Genuine legend.

I'm off to the Barras for MBV but could easily be persuaded to nip up to Sauchiehall Street on the off chance. Similarly, the classic Quo line-up back together should be quite something because, contrary to NME-beliefs, the version of Quo were actually fúcking fantastic. punk.gif

Saw them at The Garage in Aberdeen on Monday. Jet wasn’t on drums but they were still flippin’ magic. Baz Waren’s patter was excellent for one thing but the back catalogue they have to draw on is superb. Stuff I hadn’t heard in ages such as Toiler on the Sea, Midnight Summer Dream and – OH YES! – Down in the Sewer. Great gig indeed.

He played the last half hour in glasgow

I'm going to the Quo 'frantic four' gig on Sunday night. Looking forward to it. Someone posted clips from the opening night in Manchester on YouTube, and it looked and sounded great.

Went along last night on the off chance & managed to get a ticket. One of the best gigs ever! punk.gifpunk.gifpunk.gifpunk.gif