Your Cup Final Day Story

Post your day from beginning to end in here. Will make great reading in years to come.

6:00 am - Woke up after a terrible sleep. Breakfast with Kyle and straight out to buy the papers.

spent the next few hours getting ready, texting, and watched the semi final highlights & interviews.

10:00 am - Went out a drive through Paisley with the flags on the car. Kyle wasn't going to the game so wanted to take him round to see all the fans heading into town etc and all the other cars with flags. Great wee hour driving around.

There was one twat on Underwood Road heading towards me sticking the fingers up at us though. Only in the West of Scotland would this happen.

11:30 am - drop Kyle at his grans. Gutted he wasn't coming but he'll get his big day out when he's bigger.

11:45 am - Me and the good lady get Taxi to Blacklandmill Bowling Club. Few beers with family and friends. Great going to a cup final with my wife, mum, dad and nephew.

1:30 pm - On bus ready to go, Kyle is there to wave us off with his Saints strip on shouting "C'mon the Buddies". Wee tear in my eye at this point.

2:00pm - Bus takes a crazy route to Hampden, Along Hawkhead Road on the M8 at Arkleston, doubles back on to the M77 and pulls over on the hard shoulder. Waiting on the other bus to follow we were all thinking. Bulls pulls away again only to pull back onto the hard shoulder 100 yards on. THE f**kING OIL LIGHT HAS COME ON !!!!!!!

2:30 pm - Everybuddie is resigned to the fact that we're not going to make kick off- still no sign of the replacement bus.

2:42ish pm - bus arrives and the driver gets us to Hampden with a bout 1 minute to spare.

3:00pm - 5:00 pm - we all know how that went. Saints didn't turn up for the first half hour but we got the job done. Amazing scenes.

6:30pm - Back to County square - great to see so many happy people waiting on the team coming back with the trophy. Just a shame the players weren't on the stage but great scenes yet again.

8:00 pm - Straight to Vienna's £5 to get in for a good cause, great atmosphere right from the start and Cambo had the place in full voice.

9:30pm - Bailed out and left Gav, Buckfast Crew, Wallace senior and a few others. Me and the good lady walked up the road, bumped into many happy buddies on the way. Great to see Northend Saint as we walked him round to the Station Bar.

9:50 pm - Spice Magic for some Pakora and Chips n Cheese which we took home.

10:20 pm - Watched the highlights with our munch. Brilliant scenes and the panel were pretty fair. Great interviews and good scenes from the open top bus. Well done to the BBC

11:30ish pm - Bed - up at 5:45 so was a good idea.

My perfect day, great day out with the family and can't wait to do it all again with Kyle when he's a bit bigger. So lucky to be Saints fans, the Old Firm would never ever get the chance to celebrate in such style.

Good to be a Buddie

6am - Woke up and felt no nerves for about the first 30 minutes of the day. Then it kicked in.

7am - 11am Hanging about whiling time away to leave.

11 - 12:30pm - Old man's for beers and Jack Daniels with the mates before heading along to Tartan Rose for the bus

12:30 - 1:30pm - More beers, Hammy finally shouts the buss at 1:30pm

2:15pm arrive at Hampden and go straight to ground

3pm- 5:15pm - Absolute scenes, tears and snotters, no voice, head thumping. Amazing.

7pm back into Paisley and into Finlay's for one before heading up to the ultimately disappointing parade.

8pm - Into Caffuffals as it was the only place we could get into. Atmosphere really good, DJ plays 'just can't get enough' for the Saints fans and is roundly booed into turning it off.

9:30pm - Paddys. The only place we wanted to be. Mobbed and getting kicked about, but celebrate like mad, then when the highlights come on, everyone up the back is jumping about and celebrating like the game is live. Amazing scenes.

12am - Viennas. Vanzy, Isma, Sammy, Cheesy, Geordie Mafia and Gowser leading the riotous scenes from Campbell's DJ booth. Absolutely mental. They are loving it as much as the fans.

2:30am - Kicking out time, do a jig with Lee Mair outside Viennas, watch Gowser being bundled into a taxi, laugh at big Parking screaming 'yaaaaaaaaaaaas' out his taxi window all the way up New Street, tell Paul Dummett that I thought his name was 'Joe' for the first month he was with us and still call him Joe to this day and get a picture with Isma.

Bed at 4am. Taxi driver wouldn't stop at Maccy Ds for me. Even that can't bring me down.

What a day, can we do it again sometime soon please?

Mines is seriously dull.

7am - Woke up and had a bath.

9am - Woke my sons up. My youngest has a pair of "lucky demins" he wants washed for the game so I put that on.

9.15am - Go to the newsagents to buy the papers and some rolls.

10am - Washing machine breaks down. Water won't drain from the machine so I fix it.

11am - Kids are fighting. My eldest wants to leave for Hampden now - which is ridiculously early - my youngest doesn't want to go anywhere until his demins are dry.

1pm - Trousers still not dry. Gave up. My youngest will just have to wear "unlucky" demins. Leave the house minutes later.

1.45pm - Parked at Battlefield in my usual parking area and we make our way to the Stadium.

2.05pm - Meet up with my mate and his Father In Law. His FIL has been going with him to every St Mirren home game for the last three years and this is his second major cup final. He used to be a Stranraer fan but now he's a dyed in the wool Buddie. Took loads of pictures of the stadium still mostly empty and watched the pre match build up from our seats in the upper deck of the South Stand. The kids are bored my mate and I talk about all the memories of 87.

3pm - Game starts - St Mirren are f**king awful

3.35pm I turn to my mate and say that St Mirren's cup tie involvement is hanging by a thread. Hearts could have been 4-0 up by this stage and St Mirren's defence is all over the place.

3.37pm Thompson plays a sublime pass to Teale. He runs through on goal, my mate is screaming "square it" - Teale does and Goncalves finishes. Where the f**k did that come from. St Mirren are back in the tie.

3.45pm Look at my phone and it's been going mental. Loads of text messages and messages on Facebook. My bets were all coming up. Sunderland drew with Norwich and Dundee and Dundee United drew 1-1. Superb - now for St Mirren to win the cup.

4pm ish - Superb piece of passing play down the St Mirren left, frees Dummett on the left. His low cross is met by Thompson who's does what all good strikers should sneaking infront of the defender to put St Mirren in front.

4.30pm ish - St Mirren are cruising as Newton scores after a brilliant pass from Goncalves. From where I'm sitting it looks offside - TV pictures showed different. I tell my mate it's all over. St Mirren will win the cup now.

4.40pm - It's all the in the balance again. Hearts have hit the bar, the post, Samsons made an incredible save and now Hearts are back at 3-2. St Mirren look like they are dead on their feet. If this goes to extra time St Mirren are f**ked.

4.50pm - St Mirren have the cup won. My wife phones. She says Hearts second goal was all her fault. She never watches football on the telly cause she regards it as unlucky but one of my mates told her she was safe at 3-1 with six minutes to go. She turned on the telly just in time to see Stephenson score and she turned it straight back off again.

5pm ish til maybe 5.30pm - One of the last to leave the stadium. We've decided we're not going to Paisley so we hang around to take loads of group pictures and to have a bit of banter with a couple of the stewards who were excellent.

6.30pm Arrive home and watch the game on TV again with my youngest son and with my wife. My youngest falls asleep while I have a couple of beers and a really calm night just chilling with the wife and publishing the photos I took online so that my mate can share the best of them. .

10.20pm Woke my youngest son up and we both watch the highlights programme through. He goes to bed straight after, I watch MoTD and I stay up till about 3pm.

Like I said it'll look dull to everyone else. I don't class myself as a St Mirren fan anymore but it was good to bring back the ghosts of 87 and it was brilliant to share the day with my mate who also drove us to the final in 87. It was also good to have my sons with me and to see them living every moment of the game, chewing their nails and jumping around mental at the end. Scottish Football has had a really shit couple of years but this was good, a real chance to see what I once loved about the game - and what I once loved about the club. Depending on how league reconstruction goes it could be my last senior Scottish Football match for a long time - we'll wait and see - but yeah, yesterday, I loved it.

post-306-0-78572800-1363608679_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Post your day from beginning to end in here. Will make great reading in years to come.

6:00 am - Woke up after a terrible sleep. Breakfast with Kyle and straight out to buy the papers.

spent the next few hours getting ready, texting, and watched the semi final highlights & interviews.

10:00 am - Went out a drive through Paisley with the flags on the car. Kyle wasn't going to the game so wanted to take him round to see all the fans heading into town etc and all the other cars with flags. Great wee hour driving around.

There was one twat on Underwood Road heading towards me sticking the fingers up at us though. Only in the West of Scotland would this happen.

11:30 am - drop Kyle at his grans. Gutted he wasn't coming but he'll get his big day out when he's bigger.

11:45 am - Me and the good lady get Taxi to Blacklandmill Bowling Club. Few beers with family and friends. Great going to a cup final with my wife, mum, dad and nephew.

1:30 pm - On bus ready to go, Kyle is there to wave us off with his Saints strip on shouting "C'mon the Buddies". Wee tear in my eye at this point.

2:00pm - Bus takes a crazy route to Hampden, Along Hawkhead Road on the M8 at Arkleston, doubles back on to the M77 and pulls over on the hard shoulder. Waiting on the other bus to follow we were all thinking. Bulls pulls away again only to pull back onto the hard shoulder 100 yards on. THE f**kING OIL LIGHT HAS COME ON !!!!!!!

2:30 pm - Everybuddie is resigned to the fact that we're not going to make kick off- still no sign of the replacement bus.

2:42ish pm - bus arrives and the driver gets us to Hampden with a bout 1 minute to spare.

3:00pm - 5:00 pm - we all know how that went. Saints didn't turn up for the first half hour but we got the job done. Amazing scenes.

6:30pm - Back to County square - great to see so many happy people waiting on the team coming back with the trophy. Just a shame the players weren't on the stage but great scenes yet again.

8:00 pm - Straight to Vienna's £5 to get in for a good cause, great atmosphere right from the start and Cambo had the place in full voice.

9:30pm - Bailed out and left Gav, Buckfast Crew, Wallace senior and a few others. Me and the good lady walked up the road, bumped into many happy buddies on the way. Great to see Northend Saint as we walked him round to the Station Bar.

9:50 pm - Spice Magic for some Pakora and Chips n Cheese which we took home.

10:20 pm - Watched the highlights with our munch. Brilliant scenes and the panel were pretty fair. Great interviews and good scenes from the open top bus. Well done to the BBC

11:30ish pm - Bed - up at 5:45 so was a good idea.

My perfect day, great day out with the family and can't wait to do it all again with Kyle when he's a bit bigger. So lucky to be Saints fans, the Old Firm would never ever get the chance to celebrate in such style.

Good to be a Buddie

I'll post mine later when im feeling better, unbelievable day and night, i was rolling with Graham Carey at the glynhill hotel, his bird is off the scale.

In 2010 my dad passed away. We put a plaque up for him at Woodside Crematorium in Paisley. I hadn't been to the garden of remembrance for a year, and I wanted to go there for a few moments in the morning, before going down to the ground and having a look at the brick my 'Final Chapter' colleagues kindly got for me in name of my dad.

I headed to Woodside from Cumbernauld early. Got there about 10am and drove up the hill, parked outside the garden and went in. I wanted to have a few quiet moments and tell him that we were going to do this today, we were going to win this match, and the cup. I was the only person there, and as usual, to locate the pillar that contains my dad's plaque, I counted ten pillars from the right. At that point I noticed, sitting on the roof directly above my dad's pillar was a bright yellow football. Sitting right there on the roof. It wasn't an old tatty deflated ball, it was fully inflated, bright yellow - just sitting there looking at me as I looked across from the garden entrance. There is a lot of roof, and a lot of pillars in the garden, but there it was.

I just burst out laughing, right there in the garden, and said to myself, 'Well dad, you've brought the ball, all we need to do is win the game!'

At that moment, I knew, I just knew, we were going to do this today, win the match, and win the cup.

Photos attached of the garden roof and pillars, and my dad's pillar....with the ball he brought.

post-5834-0-67730400-1363610228_thumb.jp

post-5834-0-62153000-1363610239_thumb.jp

Edited by pozbaird

My and Abby's day is well documented throughout various threads so i willnae bore you all again.

Just want to say, i'm so happy ,after banging on for years about cup wins and open top buses, that the dream has finally came true again.

It was a privelage for me and wee yin being there yesterday and being part of the magnificent black and white army.

Thanks to the Club and all of you.

Saturday night, had a wander up Causeyside street with my mates as we'd never drank up that end of town before. Visited Kenned's The Tea Gardens & Craig Dhu. Thought about Wellington but there's only so much Karaoke you can take. Decided against The Afton as Karaoke was going in there too.

Hit The Bungalow then Borgia and ended up in Vienna's to finish the night

03:30 am - Got in bemoaning that you cannot get a kebab a 3am in Paisley

06:30 - woke up as the da had come and despite trying, couldn't get back to sleep.

08:30 Papers & Breakfast

12:30 - headed round to Kelburne Hockey club with my son, my dad, my niece and 2 mates, had a beer & off to Hampden.

It was brilliant to see a few pubs with both Jambos & Buddiesdrinking side by side. That's how it should be

3pm - shared opinion on the game but admit to questioning why Teale didn't "hit it" for a millisecond

and then along comes speedy Goncalves, pure mental in A7

and the second half starts & along comes Stevie Thompson - pure mental in A7 {& the voice is feeling some strain.

and along came Connor Newton who "hit it" - Pure mental in A7 {& the voice is starting to go.

6:45 back in County Square with my son Innes and 2 mates thinking "if he says 10 minutes once more......."

Bumped into BuddieinEK and after dispatching Innes back to gran & grampas, looked for an establishment that Nic, Neil, BinEK & I could get into but the crowd had swelled as we bumped into BanburyBud & Edinburgh Saint and a few others.

Kilty Kilty it was until Midnight, then down to Mr Kebab {marred by a fight} & home to bed about 1am.

Up at 6 for the flight back down, got home at 11:30am. Voice is hoarse & the throat needs some TLC.

Brilliant day with some brilliant company {all 15000 of em}

ETA - As the final whistle drew near, I looked along to my left and there was my dad {who tells me he's no interest in football} singing away with a huge grin on his face and beside me was my son {Innes} and I thought {and I hope i'm wrong} Never again will we be here.

Danny Lennon's Black & White Army

Edited by Kombi Buddie

5.00 am SATURDAY. Woke up & the first thought i had was i cant be late for the game !

7.00 am Sunday. After a crap sleep, got up & prepped for Brekkie. Food already bought, quick nip to Morrions for fresh rolls.

10.00 Visitors descend, Beers (or mad dog 20/20 for one!) , breakfast & 1987 cup final dvd

12.20 Train from Bishopton so we could avoid the Gilmour Street crush.

12.24 Gilmour Street : WTF ? where is everbody ?

1.15 Arrive at Mount Florida having had great on train banter with a group of Jambos, try doing that with the old scum & theyll rip your spleen out .

1.45 Mount Florida indoor bowling club. More beers. Outnumbered 10 -1 by Jambos but again , banter not bother. ( & bumped into the "train Jambos again )

3.00 pm Sunday 17th March 2013: A game of football took place.

5.45 P A R T Y T I M E !!!

6.00 After half an hour standing freezing in the (strangely subdued ) queue for the train & again bumping into "train Jambos" who were very warm & genuine with their good wishes, we headed home in what had to be the quietest ever football train ?!?

6.45 County square shambles. we`ll quickly gloss over that .

8.00 ish -12.00 ish Kiltys was bouncing ! more beer, champagne, shots & more beer. Bumped into some pals from Dumfries & Gary from my 5 a side & it turns out theyre related ! Also met Campbell Money

Today. Head OK, voice f**ked. Watched highlights 3 times so far.

One abiding memory late last night was Abby running about living room kicking a ball against the wall, singing ' Steven Thompson Doo Doo Doo Doo ! '

Then unprompted, she burst into ' We'll Go Wherever St Mirren Go ! ' replacing the word ' Aggro ' with the word ' Papapillow '

One of her own wee words which made me laugh and greet at the same time.

let me think... my journey back to scotland started on friday(well on thurday the 8th of march really but that is going too far back)

so I was in minnesota on friday taking the long and cheap way back to scotland... the travel plan was to fly to chicago then london heahthrow, bus to gatwick then finally fly to glasgow. So my friend drove me to the airport in saint paul at about 1pm american time, the plane was at 3.55, got there earlier to drink before flying as I dont like it at all but it had decided to start snowing that day and conditions in chicago were bad so the flight ended up being delayed for 6 hours and it was close to midnight by the time i finally got to chicago, I had a cheap hotel booked but I was leaving early so I decided to just sleep at the airport.

I didnt really sleep at all...so they opened check in and security went through the gates so I could start drinking(it was about 5am on saturday by this time, american time again) so i proceed to get very drunk this time, the cuban server gave me some free brandy which was rather effective... made it to the plane and i was totally out of it slept for about 2 hours I think and i woke up with visions of me rambling to the guy sitting next to me and him looking terrified, I am a bit worried what i said to him....Stopped drinking after that as I was feeling very hungover plane landed on time in london 10.40 pm, It was cheap :S, so I hung around at heathrow untill 2am and took the bus to gatwick, once again it worked out a lot cheaper doing it this way), snoozed a bit on the bus and made it to gatwick at 4 am or something.. flight to glasgow at 7 and i saw some jambos on the plane..... so about 8.45 am got a lift to my uncles house slept for about an hour there then headed off to glasgow..

11am headed to glasgow

1.30 pm train to mount florida

3pm cup final... not bad !

5 something pm headed back to bishopton and went straight to bed ...

6:00 AM - Woke up on the floor as my pal from Aberdeen stole my bed! Could't get back to sleep so listened to the whole Joy Division unknown pleasures album, then watched the whole '87 cup final agin to get me in the mood! It's a kind of ritual, did it before the celtic game too!

11:30 AM - Got dressed and went for the train up. Had to run back to get my saints pin-badge crest that my uncle gave me a couple of years ago. He sadly passed away in August, and didn't get a chance to see us lift the trophy, so I wanted to take the badge so he'd be there in spirit. Couple of bottles of beer on the train, and got into Glasgow for 12!

12:00 PM - Breakfast and pints in the Arrol in central. Bit of banter with some hearts fans then off to Mount Florida.

1:00 PM - Went to an indian for pakora and pints because everywhere else was queued out the door. Cost us £4.70 for a pint of tennants!!!

3:00PM - 5:00PM - Well, everyone knows what happened punk.gif

5:00PM - 12:00AM - Paisley to celebrate!

Great day!

Hugged my brother at every goal.

Hugged my mates at every goal.

Hugged the unknown guy next to me who had bought his ticket for the single seat on Friday, at every goal.

Never got to hug any women.

Dropped my iPhone outside my front door and the rain has now ruined it.

Smiled all day, and am still smiling.

Going to see an Apple engineer at 4pm.

Went to church in the morning, even the priest gave the saints a mention at the end. Went to asda for lunch stuff then back again to get shoe whitener cause we didnt have any white face paint in the house, just black (it did come off). Picked up the step son (19) and his pal and head to hampden leaving paisley with my daughter (11) about quarter past 1. Decided against a pint in the Clockwork as there was a big q and we wanted to get in the ground early and soak it up. Got the daughter a pie as promised, bloody catering staff women chased the guy in front of me cause he'd given her 60p too much and she ran over to the bloody sauce bit to try and find him, then came back spoke to a supervisor and wrote a wee note to put in the till then spilt water and cleaned it up, meantime i'm waiting to buy a pie. Anyway onto the game, if Hearts had scored a second im sure we would have lost but i thought if we scored at 1-0 done we would go and win. At 3-1 we looked like Barcelona pinging about, playing it on the floor side to side feet to feet. To be honest even when they scored i felt unusually confident we'd hang on. Stayed to the very very very end after the cup, think we were last ones out the ground, 5.40 before we were back at the car missed all the interviews, just listened to them there, i forgot about Grant adams t-shirt. Bought my daughter a chequered flag for the journey home and for paisley and ...for the next cup final, worked out i'll be 62 if i need to wait the same length of time again, scary.. Went to the cross, seen the team, absolutely gubbed, home with chips.

Didn't sleep at all. I was staying up to watch the cricket but it was a washout so I watched re runs of the semi final. I watched it three times back to back.. The kids got up at six so I made them breakfast, had some of my own. Went for a run to clear the head. Went to the shop to get stuff for their packed lunches for school.

12.30 met up with the guys I was going to the match with and we drove up to Glasgow. Went into some random pub I dont even remember the name of. Watch the tail end of the Dundee derby, cheered the equaliser because we are St.Mirren fans and we understand that pessimism works best., a bus load of Hearts fans came in and we had a good laugh with them all. Bought a round or two, chatted football, did my best not to wind them up about Albert Kidd (had to curb my natural instincts there) a bit of backslapping and good luck wishes all round and we headed off to the ground.

Got in five minutes before kick off, stayed down in the pie bit and had a coffee then went up for the handshakes and random razzamatazz that I hate.

3.00pm Watched us start badly

approx.3.10pm watched in horror as the dream looked as if it was in tatters. Bad start allied to a Hearts goal = f**ked day out

3.33pm Felt better after Thompson and Teale set up Isma for a tap in. From that point on the day got better.

Second half was nice apart from the last ten minutes or so. That was almost bowel emptying. I still just felt it wasnt going to be their day, they just didn't look like they had it in them for some reason?

Enjoyed the celebrations in the ground. Walked back to the car in silence with mates.

Walked around for half an hour trying to remember where we had left the car.

Found it after realising we had actually walked past it twice already...

....then its a blur.

Woke up at 6.30 am in my apartment in Port of Spain and had a Carib (Trinidadian beer) Did a bit of work then had another Carib. 9am tried to find a link to watch the game without much success. Fellow Buddie (John Rae) turned up at 9.30 and still no link. With less than 30 minutes to kick off there was a bit of panic setting in. I eventually signed up to 365.com (What a rip off that was) and proceeded to watch the game on a screen the size of a box of Swan Vesta.

1-0 down and looking like we were going to get turned over. Vacated the hoose at halftime to find a bar that we could hopefully watch the game. Went to "All Out" at the Oval Cricket ground and they were only showing EPL games. Left there and walked to Trotters bar by which time we were 3-1 up. Caught the remainder of the game in there and celebrated long into the night.

Head like a Zeppelin and throat like a Junkies carpet this morning............................well worth it though.

Me and my bro were marooned in London, so went to the RobRoy pub – us 2 St Mirren fans and about 20 Hearts fans. Was a wee bit like the pub in American Werewolf in London when they saw our shirts. They looked like they felt sorry for us for the first 36 minutes though, then total disbelief, then more total disbelief and then even more. Bedlam at the end, but all handshakes and genuine congrats after the game though, so good on them.

Once the game was over it was just us in the pub having a couple of celebratory whiskies, then another game was on the telly. Bunch of blokes turned up all at the same time to watch the next game and gave us very weird looks. Turned out they were Panathanaikos fans and the game was against PAOK, who of course were wearing stripes. Much good humour, Yamas, cheers, more whisky and all that.

Then off to the Faltering Fullback in Finsbury Park for Paddy celebrations and pints of Leffe.

Then total oblivion.

Fantastic!!

Drove down from Inverurie on the Saturday night. Headed into the Crystal Palace at 12 then train to Mount Florida and straight to the stadium.

The usual roller coaster of emotions ensued for the next 2 hours, but we were never going to do it the easy way. 2 year old daughter slept through the whole game. 5 year old son was bored and asked if it was over every 5 mins.

Wiped away the tears and had a quick hug with Div when leaving the stadium to join the train queue. Straight back to Paisley around 7pm. Pubs all full but had a quick pint in Gabriels then up to the cross for the bus arriving. The disaster of County Square was a real waste of a great occasion so we headed down New St. Bars all full again so we went into the Bungalow. Highlight there being when one of the live acts thought he would endear himself to the fans by playing Oh When The Saints, only to start a full on stage invasion and the whole pub taking over the singing. Beautiful scenes. All kegs ran dry after a while and we had to move onto bottled or canned lager.

Straight to Viennas where we met Isma, Conor Newton, Sam Parkin, Kenny McLean, Vanzy (and wife), Cheesy. Some dancing and drinking til about 2:30. A quick peck on the cheek from Vanzy's wife on the way out and straight to the taxi rank.

Woke up with a sore head and back on a train north to start a 12hr night shift. Met a couple of other Buddies on the train to Aberdeen. The walk of fame in last nights clothes has never been so proud.

Quite literally in tears reading the papers on the train and seeing the pictures, especially the back page of the metro. Cheesy in streams of tears embracing Thommo. They're two of our own and I love them like my own.

Am - Pre match build
up with family and friends. Much talk of 87 & 2010. Nerves are getting the
better of me. Travel to the ground is done in silence, there is lots of noise
around me but I am not there.

My normal prematch butterflies don’t exist I just feel waves
of nausea .

2.59 – My heart is pounding so hard and loud I am sure it to
the beat of “O when the saints”

3.10 – Hearts Score my head in in my hands, but I still
#Believe that we can overturn this

3.25– Hearts are ripping us apart, we are getting none of
the breaks. I fear the worst

3.32 – Something happens !!! Between the showers and the
beating on the pitch, the sun breaks briefly through the clouds. From where I
am sitting it appears to be only shining over the St Mirren End and our fans. At that point I believed and knew that this
was our day.

The team were starting to fight back.

3.37 – Thompson flicks to Teale, Teale runs in to the box
and I just want him to shoot, I am willing him to shoot, I am shouting SHOOT !
SHOOT!. He passes ???? NO NO!!!!! Across
the box on the run of Gongalves. Bang ! Goal !. We are about to make history.

5.01 – Thompson steps up and lives out my and every other St
Mirren fans boyhood dream and scores in to the top corner of the goal in the
final of a national cup final at Hampden. The only bit that is missing is that
is in the first minute not the last minute. I want the game to end there and then.

I no longer believe, I know that we are going to win the
cup.

4:50 – We are the champions I am hugging grown men and women
that I have never me in my life.

PM – Back to Paisley to see the streets lined with people,
County Square is packed with boys, girls women and men of all ages all wearing
black and white.

For one moment I looked around and we were One Town, One
Team.

Sunday will live with me for the rest of my life !

Edited by Gruffalo

Am - Pre match build

up with family and friends. Much talk of 87 & 2010. Nerves are getting the

better of me. Travel to the ground is done in silence, there is lots of noise

around me but I am not there.

My normal prematch butterflies don’t exist I just feel waves

of nausea .

2.59 – My heart is pounding so hard and loud I am sure it to

the beat of “O when the saints”

3.10 – Hearts Score my head in in my hands, but I still

#Believe that we can overturn this

3.25– Hearts are ripping us apart, we are getting none of

the breaks. I fear the worst

3.32 – Something happens !!! Between the showers and the

beating on the pitch, the sun breaks briefly through the clouds. From where I

am sitting it appears to be only shining over the St Mirren End and our fans. At that point I believed and knew that this

was our day.

The team were starting to fight back.

3.37 – Thompson flicks to Teale, Teale runs in to the box

and I just want him to shoot, I am willing him to shoot, I am shouting SHOOT !

SHOOT!. He passes ???? NO NO!!!!! Across

the box on the run of Gongalves. Bang ! Goal !. We are about to make history.

5.01 – Thompson steps up and lives out my and every other St

Mirren fans boyhood dream and scores in to the top corner of the goal in the

final of a national cup final at Hampden. The only bit that is missing is that

is in the first minute not the second minute. I want the game to end there and then.

I no longer believe, I know that we are going to win the

cup.

4:50 – We are the champions I am hugging grown men and women

that I have never me in my life.

PM – Back to Paisley to see the streets lined with people,

County Square is packed with boys, girls women and men of all ages all wearing

black and white.

For one moment I looked around and we were One Town, One

Team.

Sunday will live with me for the rest of my life !

I'm off again ............

6.30 am = Woke up as exited as christmas morning when I was a 4 year old made coffee then sat on doorstep with coffee and a fag dreaming of lifting the cup.

8.15 = got the 2 younger children in the car to drive to lesser hampden to get my son Chrissy to his bus as he was playing for Queens Park under 13's against Ayr United at Prestwick

9 am = Sat on the team bus reading the map for the driver George Watson who used to own the record market in the west end of paisley and is now a coach for Queens Park and drove to Prestwick without getting lost which is a first for George.

11am = watched Queens Park beat Ayr United with ease got soaking as it started raining with gusto.

12.50= drove to Glasgow stopping at Costa Coffee in Darnley for a cake and a coffee. left the cake in the shop.

whilst my daughter Alice, son Chrissy and my wife had lunch at mucky ducks.

drove along Cathcart road with the car windows open and Loius Armstrong.. When The Saints Go Marching In blasting on the car stereo.

2.20= entered the National Stadium

3pm = the rest is History

5.30pm = back in paisley met the wife and my 2 sisters for tea.

7pm = County Square for Party my shoulders are still sore with lifting my son to see the photographers and not the players on the stage.

9pm = watched the game on the t.v my youngest fell asleep as the day was just 2 much for him he dropped his ipod at the game but couldn't give a shit as watching the saints celebrate is worth much more than a piece of electronics.

12 pm = The best nights sleep ever

thank you Saint Mirren

Edited by stevie-dee